East Penn Canada
Happiness score is 65 out of 100

East Penn Canada Employee Reviews

Canada50 reviews

teamcompanybenefithourmanagementemployeepeoplegood

ok but pay is below average.

NO warehouse space and kind of a mickey mouse operation in my opinion. Very slow sometime and very busy other times For such a large company picking is mostly done with pen and paper. waste so much time look for product in the racks, no RF scanners

Pros

laid back

Cons

not good equipment, not enough warehouse space, batteries are really heavy!

8 June 2022
We want to thank you for sharing your perspective. Each warehouse space is determined by the branch location and regional market that it services, but we continue to look for ways to take the innovation found at our corporate distribution centre and move it into smaller market locations across the country. Your feedback is important to us as we continue to provide a workplace where everyone feels engaged and supported.

Toxic workplace

Would not recommend this company puts profit over employees well being. To much favoritism toward individuals regardless of work ethics. Very much says one thing concerning employee policies and doesn't practice what they preach. Worked here for several years would highly recommend looking elsewhere.

Pros

Wages

Cons

Favoritism, toxic work environment

4 August 2022
We appreciate you sharing your perspective that we might have otherwise not been aware of. We are confident that by gathering feedback from employees and listening to what they have to say, we can work towards a workplace where everyone feels engaged and appreciated.

Insights into East Penn Canada

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job

Great people, poor compensation

Great people to work along side. Be careful to negotiate your compensation properly tho. They will draw you in with promises of commission that are unrealistic. Small percentage raises even with great yearly reviews. Company is unwilling to invest in service. This is a sales and distribution company trying to provide technical services while at the same time unwilling to invest in the service dept. Simple things such as lifting equipment to work on customer product is deemed unnecessary. It's almost commical.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Senior management

26 May 2022
We value our people and encourage an environment where they are comfortable that they can share their point of view. It’s the collective views of all employees that helps us understand which areas require refinement and which require simply more clarity to ensure the intent and purpose behind the decisions are communicated. We understand how you described your experience and we commit to doing a better job of communicating internally.

Great Company, Great Culture, Great Team

The company believes in you, if you believe in the company and the industry. If you show your passion and work hard to be a part of the family, then this is the place to work.Good opportunity to advance within and grow your skills. I am living proof.There are no cons unless you make it a con.

27 April 2022
Thank you for your kind words. We value our employees and appreciate receiving the positive feedback.

Supportive manager and team. Great workplace culture.

Great work environment. Family feel workplace. Supportive manager and team. Some room for growth in some departments. Location not ideal. Nothing around but the lake. No work from home opportunity. Only during covid. Want you in brand new state of the art new office. Needs to be more flexible in part to reduce turnover.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

None at this time

Progressive company with great people

East Penn Canada is a progressive company with a keen eye for opportunity and growth. EPC employees thrive in a fast paced work environment and rely on teamwork to maintain the highest product quality in the market and superior customer satisfaction.As an employee at EPC, you get the "small family-business" feel but with a large scope and big impact. You're able to have the autonomy to manage your business in a way that works best for you but always have the backing and support of teammates/management when needed. The team is small but mighty and values collaboration to come up with strong strategies and execution initiatives. The developments in the battery world are exciting - it is fun to be a part of a company who has the bandwidth and ability to be at the forefront of change.

13 April 2022
We appreciate you taking the time to write such a positive review. Thank you for letting us know we're on the right track!

Great Company with good benefits and retirement program

I have worked for this company for 7.5 years and have advanced from a Delivery Driver to a Warehouse worker to the front office. They have an amazing leadership team as well as a strong benefits and retirement program. I couldn't be happier that I started working here, it has given me the financial security to buy a house and start a family (I now have 2 children).The past few years have been difficult with the Pandemic as well as many supply chain issues that have arisen. East Penn Canada has continued to be innovative and have made all the right decisions in order to stay competitive and keep operations running smoothly and safely for myself and my family. If you are a young individual looking to start out on a career path I would highly recommend giving our company a chance, you will not be disappointed.

7 April 2022

East Penn has offered me many opportunities to advance my career. Great people / culture, great benefits, new vehicles and buildings. Always growing and leaders in the battery industry.

Connected for Success

Working as a coordinator, my day to day follows a very predictable routine but there are always new challenges that come up. I work in a team that has my back and our branches are interconnected nationwide. We have online training resources now that are super helpful for those just starting in the battery industry, and my colleagues in both sales and operations have a wealth of knowledge they're more than happy to share. With new challenges within the supply chain, it takes a collaborative effort to navigate effectively, but East Penn has built a supportive network of hardworking and dedicated individuals who get the job done.

Fast paced, good culture, rewarding - Good place to work

-Great leadership -Upper management asks/wants your feedback-Positive team members -Competitive wages-Team oriented -Great benefits -Advancement opportunities -Team collaboration

Pros

Team oriented, good wage, good benefits

Great product & great potential

Great company with potential to grow even more however Management/Sales need to align themselves for common objectives rather than having multiple departments duplicate the same asks. Potential in the ERP system but $ investments are needed to grow the system in order to eliminate redundancies.

Pros

Fast paced ever growing company

Cons

Leadership needs to listen!!!

5 April 2022
We appreciate your honest feedback. Our employees, both past and present, are important to us. Please email us at EPCisListening@eastpenncanada.com so we can learn and address the situation.

Great place to work!

Wonderful place to work! - Great leadership - Upper management is down to earth, family oriented, and very generous - Fantastic colleagues who are team oriented - Advancement opportunities - Employees are valued and supported, 'taking care of employees' is a big priority here - Great benefits and salary Overall an amazing place to work!

5 April 2022

I like the environment, the people I work with are really nice, understanding and accommodating. The HR team is very helpful and management was ok to work with, nothing out of what the normal work place would face.

14 March 2022

Not a bad place

I think it depends on what department you work in. Some are better than others. I have been treated well since I joined. They have a good profit share program and depending on how long you have been with the company, you can get a decent amount. The co-workers are nice people too.

25 February 2022

Toxic Environment

Working for East Penn was an awkward experience. The floor workers are great people , but the management looks down on its employees and will treat you like a nobody if you're not working in the office. If you don't or can't work overtime the supervisor will make you feel guilty about it . Also the batteries sold to different companies are the same battery but different label. Hopefully a union gets in there when they relocate to Clarington

25 February 2022

Great place to work if you’re a slacker

Branch manager doesn’t leave his office and only engages with certain staff members. There is zero accountability, supervision, direction, training or follow through. If you care about what you do, this isn’t the place for you. You’d be the only one who does care.

Pros

Laid back

Cons

Management, pay, negative atmosphere

Bon emplois, mais....

Quand même un bon emploi mais une culture presque sectaire et un peu malsaine.C'est la définition delà micro gestion

Pros

Salaire

Cons

Micro gestion et culture

Good Environment

Enjoyed my time at East Penn. Floor Management was really interactive and helpful. Only reason I left was due to a preexisting medical condition. Great place to work, Great people, Pay is above average to start. Typical day at work would be labelling batteries off of skids on a line then reassembling them on another skid. Lifts were great took a lot of the back work out of it (when they work). Expect some heavy lifting though. East Penn was like a solid family environment. CEO and President really make you feel human and would interact with the warehouse workers (a trait that is hardly seen nowadays).

Pros

Benefits, Free lunches

Cons

9 hour days, No room for advancement

Not the place for advancement or switching careers

This company had a lot of potential, due to current management who believes in outside advancement and low pay for high quality work is not cutting it. Just use this company as a stepping stone to advance your own career and not stay for no more than 6 months. After that, you will become a lifer who is slaving. They don’t trust any of the workers and it’s micromanaged to the T. The amount of turn around this company has had, should sound alarm bells that there is a huge problem. STAY FAR AWAY

Pros

Celebrated a birthday or milestone.

Cons

Nothing was ever there fault

Hard work for the pay

You are expected to work hard and fill a bunch of orders everyday. Never saw anyone advance from the warehouse. You can expect to lift 200-300 batteries a day weighing 10-120lbs. If you make a mistake you will be called into the office. Forced overtime is very common.

Pros

Good team, dinner was paid once a month, not a hard job mentally

Cons

Low pay, management doesn’t care about the employees, forced overtime and having to work on saturdays during inventory periods

Micromanaged- Employees are always afraid that they will lose their job

Every day was like walking on eggshells. Good place to strengthen your resume, not a career. Management not able to manage, too much interference from Executives.

Pros

Great Benefits

Cons

Toxic environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at East Penn Canada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement