East Penn Canada

East Penn Canada Employee Reviews

Canada33 reviews

Great place to work if you’re a slacker

Branch manager doesn’t leave his office and only engages with certain staff members. There is zero accountability, supervision, direction, training or follow through. If you care about what you do, this isn’t the place for you. You’d be the only one who does care.

Pros

Laid back

Cons

Management, pay, negative atmosphere

Toxic Environment

Working for East Penn was an awkward experience. The floor workers are great people , but the management looks down on its employees and will treat you like a nobody if you're not working in the office. If you don't or can't work overtime the supervisor will make you feel guilty about it . Also the batteries sold to different companies are the same battery but different label. Hopefully a union gets in there when they relocate to Clarington

Bon emplois, mais....

Quand même un bon emploi mais une culture presque sectaire et un peu malsaine.C'est la définition delà micro gestion

Pros

Salaire

Cons

Micro gestion et culture

Good Environment

Enjoyed my time at East Penn. Floor Management was really interactive and helpful. Only reason I left was due to a preexisting medical condition. Great place to work, Great people, Pay is above average to start. Typical day at work would be labelling batteries off of skids on a line then reassembling them on another skid. Lifts were great took a lot of the back work out of it (when they work). Expect some heavy lifting though. East Penn was like a solid family environment. CEO and President really make you feel human and would interact with the warehouse workers (a trait that is hardly seen nowadays).

Pros

Benefits, Free lunches

Cons

9 hour days, No room for advancement

Not the place for advancement or switching careers

This company had a lot of potential, due to current management who believes in outside advancement and low pay for high quality work is not cutting it. Just use this company as a stepping stone to advance your own career and not stay for no more than 6 months. After that, you will become a lifer who is slaving. They don’t trust any of the workers and it’s micromanaged to the T. The amount of turn around this company has had, should sound alarm bells that there is a huge problem. STAY FAR AWAY

Pros

Celebrated a birthday or milestone.

Cons

Nothing was ever there fault

Hard work for the pay

You are expected to work hard and fill a bunch of orders everyday. Never saw anyone advance from the warehouse. You can expect to lift 200-300 batteries a day weighing 10-120lbs. If you make a mistake you will be called into the office. Forced overtime is very common.

Pros

Good team, dinner was paid once a month, not a hard job mentally

Cons

Low pay, management doesn’t care about the employees, forced overtime and having to work on saturdays during inventory periods

Micromanaged- Employees are always afraid that they will lose their job

Every day was like walking on eggshells. Good place to strengthen your resume, not a career. Management not able to manage, too much interference from Executives.

Pros

Great Benefits

Cons

Toxic environment

productive and fun workplace !

1. Supportive Management 2. Great Team 3. Work-Life Balance 4. 8 am to 5 pm work hours ! 5. Less opportunities to grow ! 6. Helpful and friendly people

Pros

work-life balance

Cons

salary !

Come in and work hard, fast and accurate

Fantastic entry level warehouse job, but better be a really good forklift driver no room for error due to dangerous goods Lots of opportunities for the go getters

Customer service

The company is good for personal development. I like the place I would ti recommend any person want to stay long there. My shift to another city that why I left the job.

Friendly staff, paid well with decent benefits.

East Penn Canada is a fantastic company to be a part of. It is one big family, everybody gets along and helps one another out. You'd be hard pressed to find someone you don't enjoy working with and that would be because management does a great job and hiring those with personalities to match the existing staff. It is not a difficult job, but with great benefits and decent pay.

Workplace culture

Fast Paced, tight deadline yet friendly work environment. At least you don't get demotivated by anyone's behavior as long as you have a positive attitude.

Micro Management to the Extreme

Try to avoid at all costs. Regular firings or employees quitting because of the management style, or lack there of. There are regular company wide communications about long term employees leaving. No decisions are allowed at the branch level because the second floor executives don't trust the people in the field. Sales reps are regularly monitored by GPS and their jobs are threatened if they do not meet unrealistic performance goals. If you play hockey, though, then you can punch your ticket to being a second floor executive.

Great Workplace

East Penn is very Team Oriented. I have never been faulted for asking questions or trying new things. I have helped implement many new procedures in my time here. Working in a branch doesn't feel cut off from the rest of the company. The whole team is always trying to find better ways to communicate. When I need time off for a doctors appointment or if I'm sick, I am never over questioned or made to feel guilty about it and everyone works together to pick up the slack. East penn is definitely a fast paced, detail oriented workplace that puts every effort to provide the best customer service possible. Overall, great place to work!

Micromanaged to extreme

Micromanaging to extreme and Management having holier-than-though attitude. Had GPS's in company vehicle and even called on a salesman when he pulled into a residential area just doing sales notes! Said why is he parked for 10-15 minutes!!! Avoid this company!

Pros

Gas card, LOTS of travel if you like it

Cons

Long driving hours, not receptive to any feedback

No Job Security. Less salary, Micromanagement, Bossism, Office Politics

Low-level egoistical management, the inter-department battles, and constant backstabbing. The toxicity between them is quite visible and it's very unfortunate because they are all great leaders and mentors outside of work. There were no efforts to retaining existing employees after the lengthy hiring process and background checks, which was incredibly disappointing. Have seen lots of FIRING OF EMPLOYEES WITH NO REASON. Managers micromanage the team, will tell you when to breath. No work ethics. Long hours. Advice to Management The resources you hire are incredibly talented and valuable start being more mature and stop backstabbing your employees in front of other team members to show off your knowledge.

Avoid at all costs

The management is never happy with the amount of work you do. No job advancements. Micro managed by head office in Ontario.Forced overtime.Written Warnings handed out for every mistake made. Avoid at all cost.

Great company with amazing people

East Penn Canada has been working hard to transform from a small to a mid-size business, and as can be expected, there have been some growing pains. However, a lot of effort is being made to maintain the "family" feel, while at the same time embracing new technology.

Avoid this company

I really felt mislead by this organization. I was not paid what I was promised. The hours were definitely outdated. Every other day there were company wide emails about about people leaving the company. As a sales person I was told I would get a certain commission on things. It never came through. I was then told it was coming we are just behind on the numbers. Nothing ever added up right and I was asked to work extra hours which I would be paid for at 1.5 times my base hourly wage and I never saw any of it. When asked I was told I was on salary and I was now expected to work 8.5 hour days. I asked a trainer at while on training what I could expect as far as earnings and he stated that asking about compensation of what others make is grounds for dismissal. I would avoid this company at all costs. They don’t make you feel appreciated and you will feel short changed and in appreciated immediately. It’s a very stressful micro managed company. I was so happy when I was laid off.

Pros

Gas card

Cons

Long hours, not getting paid what you are promised and being micromanaged.

Great fellow employees, snake management

Good guys to work with, management was not trust worthy. I enjoyed the people I worked with and our operations manager was great. Upper management was not willing to admit there mistakes and if something that was implemented was not working, they would just keep beating it to death rather than put things back to the way they were before.

Terrible Company to Work

Very much an old-boys culture so beware. If you're one of the top executives or have been with the company from the start then you're IN but the rest are treated poorly and micro-managed. Also, if you know how to play hockey well you're good too because that seems to be a very important factor for their hiring process of new sales guys (company hockey team) When you are hired they don't tell you the hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with 1/2 hour lunch and breaks. Someone mentioned that these poor reviews are unwarranted but that is not true. In the few years I worked there I saw more people get fired or quit. I would not recommend working for this company. You will find out if you do.

Pros

Many nice people to work with other than top executives

Cons

See above review

Ask a question about working or interviewing at East Penn Canada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5