Eassons Transportation Group
Happiness score is 60 out of 100

Eassons Transportation Group Employee Reviews with Jobs

Canada39 reviews

Productive, fast paced environment, where you feel like you're a part of a big family

Since I began here at Eassons I have been given more respect than I have previously had at other jobs. The teams are great, very collaborative & everyone has their own niche that they are will to teach you. Management care about their people, and really do their best to make sure each person knows this. Eassons does everything they can to make sure you learn what you need to be successful at your job and never let you shy away from knowledge.

Pros

Great co-workers, helping keep food & goods rolling, getting them to where they need to be, fair & respectful management

Cons

N/a

Eassons Transport is great place to work with good people right from the OWNERS / CEO down.

I have been with Eassons Transport Ltd. for many years and it has been a real pleasure. I have found the family owned business displays a very high level of integrity. I highly recommend Eassons Transport because it is a trusting company to work for.

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

None at this time

Insights into Eassons Transportation Group

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

Very friendly staff that work to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere. From the CEO to our Drivers, I was made to feel welcomed from day one!

What attracted me to becoming part of the Eassons team was the fact that it is a local family-owned company (3 generations) and their mission statement mirrored a lot of my own core values. I am very proud to be part of a team that embraces an inclusive working environment and understands that a diverse workplace helps to create an inclusive culture that values and uses the talents of all its employees.

Pros

I work with an amazing group of talented, dedicated folks on a daily basis. There is never a dull moment!

Cons

None at this time

Great people

I honestly don’t know where to start…I’ve worked with companies of all sizes, and Eassons is by far, the best one. I’ve watched as the owner, co-owners and CEO, stops and talks to the employees anytime they seems them, and they remember the employees name, not the truck number, but their name, and they remember the smallest detail about them, it’s amazing. Anytime an employee has an achievement, it is celebrated, and the congratulations are sincere. Eassons is the true definition of a family owned business, because once you work there, you actually feel like your part of the family. I’m proud to say that I’m part of the Eassons family!!!

Pros

Praise for a job well done, family environment, amazing atmosphere, friendly faces

Cons

I can’t think of a single con :)

Great place to work with Family values

Family atmosphere, people are the heart of the Company. Welcoming, inclusive, community minded.Covid response by the Company was impressive. The safety and well being of all their employees, was top of mind.

Great place to work . would advise all drivers to apply.

never a dull moment , fast changing pace , good culture and respect open door policy with an emphsis on safety , continous training and always adapting to change.

Pros

lots of inter action

Cons

can't think of any

Welcoming culture, you can tell that it is family run and oriented.

The culture at Eassons is fantastic, the management team is knowledgeable with years of experience. They've walked the walk and put in their time with the company and understand how the industry operates. The upper management at the maintenance facilities have years of experience and they're always willing to work towards a solution that satisfies both you and the company. Every opportunity is presented to you to improve and grow your skillset, while not micro-managing your work and allowing you to make mistakes/learn on your own. From the CEO on down, everyone makes time to hear your concerns/issues and will make time for you. Upper management knows you by name and respects your opinions/ideas on ways to improve processes.

Pros

Constantly utilizing technology, compensated fairly, networking opportunities, intellectual challenge, learn new skills, flexible working hour, casual work environment

Cons

Communication is sometimes lacking, sometimes the big picture is missed

Good place to work , the family is great , been here over 25 years

Great family to work for, been here for almost 28 years . Great staff , especially the maintenance crew . Lots of experience in the shops and at the management level.

Pros

wages, great people, great work hours, BBQ`s, always advancing in technology, well looked after equipment

Cons

People coming to work here for the wrong reasons, not here for the company

Eassons treat their employees fairly and honestly.

Eassons operates in a challenging industry providing essential transportation services . They have an excellent team who face this challenge with energy and enthusiasm everyday.

Pros

Lots of support, knowledgeable staff, long time in business, fair compensation, family atmosphere

Cons

Demanding Industry

Great place to work, like a family, and they care about their drivers. I’ve been there going on 25 years.

A great company to work for!! Personally I can’t say anything bad about Eassons. Everyone is such a delight to work with. From management and office staff, right down too the mechanics in the truck and trailer shops, to the guys on the docks, they are top notch!! I wouldn’t want to be working anywhere else.

Pros

Driver oriented, bonus packages, just a all round great place to work

Cons

I can’t think of any!!

CRS Division-Belleville

Family atmosphere, good home time, I am not a number, they know my name. I was on scheduled weekly runs to West. the dispatch rotates the after hours on call, so i get to work with same people. shop also has on call which is good.

Pros

Good runs, get paid on time, home time

Cons

home time is during the week, but i am used to it now

Not a bad company overall

The pay is decent most management are good to work with time off is flexible some gear is a bit older but improving communication could be a bit better at times but overall a decent place to work

Pros

Good pay flexible home time

Cons

Poor trip planning at times

Good Family Company

For a large carrier they work hard every day to keep the wheel turning and family orientated. Great people and nice to see new equipment arriving as Eassons has always taken pride in their gear!

Long haul trucking company running reefers.

My experience: No programs to accommodate person's with disabilities when I worked there. Even the most minor accommodation was too much for them to manage. Poor trip management (24+hours wait for back load), Not utilizing Elogs to fullest extent (2 seperate systems cause problems). Driver coordinators are not responsive and shift switch message flow is flawed (send a message to 1 on monday after hours and no one sees it until wednesday). Will put you in a truck that is older than 5 yrs with no fridge w/o telling you in advance and leave you scrambling for a cooler and will not compensate (same pay as guy with fridge)

Really???

You have to ask yourself if you want to work for a company that doesn't even follow their own policies. Safety is a JOKE!! If you start as a Truck driver don't expect to go anywhere else. Even their recruiter will tell you there's no chance of advancement. So if you want to drive a truck and don't care how much abuse you'll get, apply here!!

Pros

Not bad equipment thanks to the mechanics

Cons

Poor Middle Management & CEO

– 28 April 2021
At Eassons we strive every dat to ensure that we are operating safely on & off the road for all of our employees. We are truly sorry you feel so negatively towards Eassons, but we do appreciate the time you gave us. We hope that your new position that you have found what you were looking for & all the best at the next endeavor in your career!

Don't think about this place for job

I had really bad experience from the manager....most of the time sit in truck stop...you don't get paid for that...try some other companies...best of luck

Pros

Free bbQ

– 28 April 2021
We're sorry that you had such a bad experience with us. At Eassons we do strive to communicate openly with our employees & that they are getting the most from us. We hope that you have found what you were looking for at the next stop of your career!

Good company

Good company to work ,a lot of favoritism and bad decisions from managers and Dispatcher, there's a lot of room for improvement, no manners when it comes to Dispatcher

– 28 April 2021
Thank you for your input, we are sorry that you felt this way during your time with us. We always hope that every employee that is part of the Eassons Family is treated with respect & kindness. We wish you all the best!

Easy going

the job was great the dispatchers were easy to get along with They didn't rush you I really enjoyed running the east coast of Canada Only downside lots of new jersy

Pros

relaxed atmosphere

Cons

north east freight to usa

Horrible place with horrible people.

To sum it up in a word, "chaos". Place is completely chaotic cause nobody knows what is going on. Training is a joke. No set hours, never know when you will be done. Horrible place filled with some vary self centered, selfish individuals.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Close to home

– 28 April 2021
We're sorry that you feel this way about your time with us at Eassons. We strive to provide the best training that we can, so that we can ensure that our employees are safe on and off the roads. We hope that you have found what you are looking for in an employer and wish you all the best!

lots of travel

the most enjoyable part of the job at Easson's Transportation was travelling to Newfoundland by ferry and of course the driving. The equipment was always in good running order

A company that really tries to help, I like them

Good place to work if you love trucking,lots of nice people there. I do think they go above and beyond to help truckers lots of time,its very diverse,overall very nice accommodating staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eassons Transportation Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement