Eassons Transport Ltd

Eassons Transport Ltd Employee Reviews

Canada20 reviews
the job was great the dispatchers were easy to get along with
They didn't rush you

I really enjoyed running the east coast of Canada

Only downside lots of new jersy
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
north east freight to usa
To sum it up in a word, "chaos". Place is completely chaotic cause nobody knows what is going on. Training is a joke. No set hours, never know when you will be done. Horrible place filled with some vary self centered, selfish individuals.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Close to home
A typical day at work. Picked up paper work and assigned trailer. Do pre inspection on truck and trailer. Head out and deliver to destination. Most enjoyable part of the job was travelling and meeting new people.
Pros
Travelling and meeting new people.
Cons
Sitting and waiting for loads
Good company to work for, friendly staff and management, family oriented company. Always able to communicate
With management as well as maintain employment department
Pick up and deliver loads per day through out Canada and United States.
Hardest part of the job was sitting around and waiting for loads. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and seeing new places.
It is good organisation for specially for people either starting their career or settled in their career, little challenging for those who looking for constant growth & change in their work.
How, my experiences was with Easson!

When I first started driving for this company, they were showing/ caring for their employees, but on the other hand they would want you to do the unexpected, that where the communication would it a like mind bottling! (As for the people were great)but I think it for a younger generation. Myself I felt like I was know part of the team, once I got to know everyone there, plus other driver would say to me, it became, "the company doesn't want you their, but they did feel like they would want to let me go, because they were in need of drivers, where does that put me, at this stage of life, I mean I give this company the best part of my live, Literally! I think It time to do the right thing for me, and help me move on with my life. Need I say more!
When I started with the company, it was great but rapid growth by purchasing other companies has limited equipment purchases. Used to be equipment was never more than a few years old. Now, you pray you'll make it home without a breakdown. Retirements have seen people promoted into upper management positions that have no clue what they're doing. It's now the blind leading the blind. Lots of smiles and handshakes but nothing to improve driver retention. More focused on offshore recruitment and sending recruiting team on fancy trips. Lack of contracts have planners scrambling to keep trucks moving. Sitting or driving empty is very common. Driver creature comforts are unimportant to Management. Industry practices are frowned upon because Management is using stats from the '80s.
Pros
Easy to find employment elsewhere
Cons
To much sitting
Awesome place to work , everyone is nice and friendly . the people that work there smile and talks to you in a very professional manner, Very clean ,Management is very nice ,
Pros
hours is perfect
Cons
no cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Eassons Transport Ltd?
Great management. Very Organized. Lots of work. Flexible work hours. Always moving with not much sit time always a reload. overall great place to work.
You will always have work, weither you like it or not. They can be flexible after a bit, but some of the runs don't seem worth doing on their pay system. Others are, but you have to work for it and there are some very long days.
Overall, you'll work your a** off, and sometimes it won't seem worth while but you'll have work.
Pros
lots of work
Cons
lots of work
My experience with Eassons Transport Ltd started in July 2017. For me, it’s the people that make the difference and Eassons has many of the best in the industry. Family owned and operated, decent equipment and people that genuinely care pretty much sums it up.
Pros
The People
this is where i trained for my class 1 driver licence. it was an excellent course contracted from the commercial safety college in Truro. the company is very good to work for, management is very nice.

I had a falling out with the local side of the company (david brown) would not recommend the local work.
Very early starts and long hours. Great deal of responsibility which is by no means reflected in the salary. Older trucks and poorly maintained. Rude management.
Pros
Cons
Long hours and confused management.
I loved working there and enjoyed working with my co-workers! over all great environment! learned lots and how to get the job done efficiently as well!
good management, comptetive wages , trainers well versed in area of expertise. wages and lay overs are competitive, company benefits, and bonuses are good.
Pros
paid layovers
Cons
too many sitting hours
Lacks upper management and structure in the Toronto office.
A day at Eassons is always misguided and a hands on place where one needs to be on top of their game. Management in the head office is great to work with but there is not much support from the Toronto office. Co-workers are good to work with but lack supervision. The hardest part of the job is not having enough freight to move the trucks and no sales team in the Toronto office.
Pros
Familly attitude
Cons
No structure
Start by call dispatch pick up loads in Canada or USA
and deliver everything on time
Great company to work for. Working condtions are excellent and the company is very organized.
long haul truck driving
keeping logs up to date

delivering product in timely manner