Earls Restaurants

Earls Restaurants Pay & Benefits reviews

Canada591 reviews
Decent Place to Work
I enjoyed working here. However, I had a lot of issues with management, hours, benefits, and work culture.

Management: the management team was ok. I believe their was a lot of areas that needed improvement. Most of the management did not have effective communication and they picked favourites.

Hours: This is a very competitive place to work. It was very difficult to get consistent hours. Some weeks I would get 20 hours and others I would get 3 hours. I would highly discourage people from applying here if they want full time or consistent hours. The tips do not always make up for it.

Work Culture: I found a lot of my former employees and managers gossiped and talked poorly of others often. This was extremely unprofessional and made me feel like it was a very immature work culture.
it is super competitive yet fun!
it is nice to work here but if you can't handle the stress you will burst out. however, everyone is so supportive! they give out a nice tip also and a free lunch!
Good money, poor work environment.
Working for Earls gave me good customer service experience and the tips were pretty good. However, I never felt comfortable working at Earls because it is extremely "cliquey" and managers very obviously choose favourites.
fun workplace
great work place with great environment. good management and workplace culture. the ability to grow yourself. plus, each day is a learning process. good salary and benefits for staff.
Best Job I’ve Ever Had
I love my job at earls. All the staff was really friendly, all young people working there which made the environment that much easier to work in. They over high grossly so expect to get less hours than desired, but it’s suxh a great place to work
Pros
Amazing people, good tips
Cons
Over staffed = low hours
Productive and nice place to work at
Earls was a nicer experience, my coworkers were really nice and helped me learn more about bartending and making and serving drinks which was a very good experience.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
sometimes long hours
Amazing
Fast paced, the boss was amazing and you just have to ask to get time off, the people in the industry are amazing people, the industry is pretty good and the pay is decently good
positive environment, Fun place
Good management service and excellent coworkers but they were not providing any job security and benefits. Moreover, the pay was minimum and this company is far from my accommodation.
Pros
discount in food prices
Cons
no flexible hours
hard working environment that develop ones character to work in a team and under pressure.
I learn so much at Earl's. from time management to teamwork and have a good work ethic. Be respectful toward the other worker. Earl's had a very flexible schedule that worked perfectly with my studies. Everyone there was caring and loving.
It's a good job to start off at
The culture there is great I pretty much love all the people I work with and there has been pretty much no one who has gotten on my nerves but it is pretty hard to get me angry so that could also be why.
Pros
Great coworkers, good tips, for a kitchen its not stressful
Cons
Almost never able to leave at scheduled time, Management has its shortcomings
Overworked, underpaid, not appreciated (kitchen staff)
Minimum wage job, long and late hours.... with me, management was very skimpy with tips ..look elsewhere if you want to feel appreciated.
the station I worked at was usually short staffed with a high turnover rate.. (not surprising).. which meant I had to work extra hard..sometimes meaning I'd leave anywhere between 2-3 in the morning after everyone else went home. There are plenty of other minimum wage and/or higher paying jobs for students that aren't nearly as stressful as this one in my opinion.
Pros
online schedule
Cons
long hours, late nights, favouritism, minimum wage, little tips
Not worth it
Takes forever to move up..therefor you will not make good money for a very long time. If you’re looking for a good full time job with steady income.. not the place for you. Tip out is pretty much half the money you would make in a night. The “lounge” servers are treated like royalty and it’s weird. A lot favouritism. Half the staff are extremely rude and on there high horse. Management people are pretty nice but again its all favouritism. Also during summer you’ll be scheduled about 5 shifts a week but half of them you’ll be called off. Again ALOT of favouritism. The “veterans” they call themselves get everything first.
Pros
Cool place to work/ good food
Cons
Rude staff/ short shifts/ favouritism/takes a while to start making money
Go
Great kictchen
good team

pay is okay

good if you need lots of time off

lots of friendly faces

close to the bus stop

long hours though
tips were decent for back of house
Good ethics but poor execution
Earls in general tends to underpay their staff unfortunately and you don't get free food.
The people and owner of the company are incredible nice people and really push for your development within the industry.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Long hours, low pay
Efficient, close knit and fun company
Always guaranteed to be pushed and challenged. Everyone working around you is working for the same goal and you truly feel like you're working towards something big as a company. You have a lot of responsibility.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no overtime nor benefits
It was all friendly faces good enviroment
i had a couple of my friends working there and it was fun and good energy around me definitely made work a good place to be. lets just say the dishes aren't as fun at home as they are at work
Pros
tips
Cons
none really
Good people
Always had a great time working with so many fantastic people. I wish the salary had been considerably higher. The money as a bartender was fantastic though.
Fun workplace but not worth the salary
The culture at the job is very open, where people are allowed to have fun while working as long as they are being productive. I have learned many skills and things about life at that place and highly recommend it as a first job for a high school student. The hardest part of the job is definitely the amount of food expected to prepare and serve perfectly on such a short amount of time for many people can be overwhelming, but a person gets used to it overtime because that is a norm for the food industry. However, as someone that has worked in the kitchen for 4 years, my wage is still the same as a person that is just starting there, and they are very stingy on giving raises even when management knows you have earned it.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low pay
Good people, and overall a great experience
I worked here throughout my high school grade eleven years, hours were a little rocky, but overall, I loved the place and the people who worked with me.
Pros
Great work enviorment
Fun but not the best
The training is pretty good and it is a fun atmosphere but I would recommend after about a year to look for a better job. You get half off your food witch is nice.
Pros
fun
Cons
not many hours
Earls is a great place to serve
Earls is a wonderful place to serve. They provide extremely in depth training and a wide variety of opportunities to their staff. There is always room for development. Pre-shift talks are often very positive and uplifting. There is a zero bullying tolerance and they protect their servers from customers who are abusive. Tips can be great, however as with any serving job the pay is not great and their are no fixed benefits.
Pros
good training, skill development, promote in-house
Cons
Pay