Earls Restaurants

Earls Restaurants Employee Reviews

Management not on you’re side or supportive

The management has a way of making any guest complaints the servers fault for not explicitly telling the guest all ingredients in the dish. Even if a guest doesn’t like their steak cook, it’s the servers fault for not explaining exactly what that steak cook looks like. Shifts are inconsistent and there are a lot of overtime hours.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Inconsistent shifts, no support, overtime

Don't work here

hardest thing about this job- getting overwhelmed by the amount of tasks I had at my station.why did I leave? Because I would get $20-25 on average per week in tips, working 16-20 hours. Pathetic. And I'm not even exaggerating. The servers would take it all.

Pros

nothing

Cons

long hours, no tips

Terrible owners, low pay

Great staff, awful owners, management that tries but couldn't keep things organized. The kitchen was a mess most of the time, kitchen tipout was used to pay off managers instead of paying their salaries more and distributing the tips amongst the kitchen crew more evenly.

Pros

50% off food during shifts

Cons

everything else

favouritism x100

I was very excited to start here as I had just obtained my pro serve and was told by three separate managers that I would be in the next serving group during my interviews. Only to find myself 5 months later trying to progress from hostess to skip as one specific manager wouldn’t let me go into serving. I was then called into work an hour early (struggled to find a ride earlier) only to be fired without probable cause, it was also snowing and I wasn’t even allowed to change out of my skirt. Overall my experience in this workplace was not good.

Pros

easy interview

Cons

hard to move up

Bust restaurant with fun people

Every day you are running around. But it's fun. The people that work there are a good time and I looked forward to going to work. The worst part about working at earls is how busy it is. It's not "clicky" environment like other similar restaurants.

Worst job experience I've ever had.

Great place if you're in school or first job. I had fun with the people I worked with and made a lot of friends. There was a lot of unnecessary pressure at times and like a brutally selected tier leadership system. As a young female server, daily.. I was very uncomfortable working with/around the unprofessional chef.

Pros

free food

Cons

short shifts, irratic schedule; called in and off often

Flexible Job With Great Pay, but Management Could be Improved

I loved the social aspect of working at Earls and I certainly grew. I worked as a server as well as a leader and had great hours while I was in school. When I started at Earls the management was great (besides the management from head office who told me to hire based on the following criteria (in order from most important to least important): 1. looks, 2. able to hold a conversation/make eye contact etc..., and 3. experience/skills). After the managers I liked all left, the new managers that replaced them harassed me and I eventually quit and started working in a professional office setting. Since leaving both of the managers who harassed me have been promoted. Overall, working at Earls for many years had its benefits and was mostly a great experience. I developed a lot of valuable skills, but my experience was slightly tainted by the harassment and vanity.

Pros

tips, growth opportunities

Cons

potential harassment...

Super fun place to work, bad owners

It was all in all a decent place to work, but the wages were terrible and the owners were downright awful people. They drove cars worth around 75000 dollars but refused to pay anyone that wasn't on salary more than 15 dollars an hour.

Pros

50 off food during shift, awesome community

Cons

No breaks and not good management.

Nice team to become apart of

For the most part everyone is super welcoming when you join. Everyone is really helpful wants others to succeed. Very communicative when needed. Fun place to work. Only downsides would be that there won’t be much advancement unless you have friends in the right places and connections..etc And you are very irreplaceable so there is 0 room for any mess ups. But money is good compared to most serving jobs.

Pros

Fun place

Cons

Short hours, fight for any advancement

Stressful yet fun

I had so much fun when I was working there for a few months even though the work was physically demanding. The people there are very friendly especially the bosses. They consider me like their real friend.

Pros

Flexible shifts

Cons

They don't sponsor foreign workers

Worst job I’ve had

Management was ruthless. If you weren’t making enough money per table they wouldn’t schedule you. Still make you wear heels. Swerves were dating each other. Management was dating cooks. It was like high school with all the drama and “popular” people

Honestly working for Earls ruined my life

I have never worked for a company with such bad environment and I've worked in oil and gas. If you want a job in which you will want to kill yourself by the end of the day this job is probably for you, you will be underpaid and over worked. I was in a car accident and my first thought was oh no who's going to cover my shift not and will I be okay because I knew I would be yelled at if I couldn't find someone to cover my shift.

Meh

I enjoyed the atmosphere the staff and over all learing experience. Some managment was lacking in the respect department. I have requested an ROE from Earl's 5 times and have yet to recive one, paper copy nor digital to CRA. It's been a year since I've worked there. Other then the lack of this neglect to fix their error. Earl's would be the place for someone that loves to cook and has the willingness to learn. They have amazing chefs that anyone would be lucky to learn under!

Pros

Staff was like a family. Excellent food. Great learning environment.

Cons

Late hours and front of house management degraded you. Treated you like you were a nobody.

A great place for entry level or skilled workers

My experience at Earls was nothing but positive, and has a great management team to consult on anything you need to know. I learned skill s that help problem solve in a working environment, and the pace at which someone starting at an entry level position should be accustomed to. I found that the most enjoyable part of the job is the welcoming atmosphere, and the friendly employees.

Very poor management

Manager is not good at all, I do not recommend to work at any earls in grande prairie, Alberta. I am completely disappointed in the management their. They are very childish and not mature and are run by people that act like a chicken with their head chopped off

Pros

other employees are very kind and helpful their

Cons

Terrible manager, not proper training, and managers that lie

fun people

fun place to work not a flexible job.when the restaurant is not busy they call/text and cut your shift.A lot of stressful situations.tips are low compared to other restaurants in the area.schedules are a mess, they sometimes schedule you past your availability and there are no buses late at night (had to end up taking Uber many times)

Pros

fun environment

Cons

Long work hours with no break, if the restaurant is not busy they will cut you for the day leaving your schedule in a mess

Amazing company!

Fun and dynamic work environment. Management always is supportive and willing to train. Advancement available for anyone that's willing to do the work. Great family type environment amongst the staff.

Pros

Good work/life balance

Cons

Pay isn't the best, but that's standard in this industry

Dont do it , go somewhere mom and pop been warned

i got used a lot i felt beaten down at the end of my 4 th year tried to become sous 5 times and always got an excuse as to why I would never make it my head chef nathan was not a nice guy in the end a lot of directors higher up lost all creditability and had to quit or shuffle around

Pros

nice people

Cons

no time and expectations, is to stay until your done no pay, lost over 200hours within year and claimed 1500 in speed tickets to rush to gfs before service

they serve fish and chips sushi hamburgers ect

The staff and Managers are very helpfully and if you need assistance in putting stuff a way they will show you, it also has a great family atmosphere

Bullied by sous chef

Bullied by the Sous Chef very unprofessional we had a disagreement he sent me home and kept badgering me, when I left the prep area he came to find me and told me if I went home I was fired. I had enough of him by then and his inappropriate conversations he would initiate. There was a few good people but otherwise the main crew were always getting high on the job and some staff would eat for free saw lots of things the Sous Chefs did not see! To think this was rated as one of the best places to work I guess if your an alcoholic and pot head!

Pros

Chef and the Sous Chef who trained me were great to me and very professional!

Cons

Staff always high or getting high on breaks, some employees were there too long and too comfortable in their positions.

horroble place to work

sue chef bully and treat other cools very bad. The pay is minimum wage. They promote and pay more base on a bias opinion other than hard work. There is a lot of drama and gossip from back and front of house workers.

Pros

Locations everywhere

Cons

Toxic environments overall

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Earls Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement