Earls Restaurants

Earls Restaurants Employee Reviews

Canada589 reviews
Fun and Fast Workplace
Earls is a great place to work. They support their employees, and its a challenging fast place environment. Networking is a great asset as you are constantly dealing with fun and interesting people.
Waste of time
Screening and over the top judgemental interview process, company hires based on looks and first impressions. Great culture and people working there in the mid-class, however as you move up the company abuses/loses appreciation of your Time (off&on the clock), effort, and personal values.
Best Job so Far
I started at Earl's as a hostess and have since advanced to serving and managing. The people at this location have become some of my best friends and it's a great work environment.
Horrible Management!
Earls was my very first job. I got employed at earls as a hostess when I was 14. I got yelled at by servers, customers and management daily, and i wasn’t the only one. Management was no help either, they just wandered around trying to look nice. My main boss/manager was very perverted as well and I did not feel comfortable around him at all!
Fun workplace
Lots of fun and supportive people. Lots of food and drinks supplied. Really casual environment yet people are very professional and expert in their field.
Excellent teamwork
I had worked nearly 2 years at the willow park location, and can attest to how friendly and diverse the fellow cooks and FOH staff are. Opportunities for promotions and leadership roles have always been available. Earls really is a great place to develop a new interest and possibly career.
Amazing place to work, lots of room for growth.
Went from hostess to management in ~2 years. Supportive environment. Invest in their people. Fun and exciting work place. Staff and management are amazing.
Great place to work at
Most of the Managers were phenomenal! Colleagues are phenomenal, incredibly friendly and happy to help most of the time. A real Family. Definitely opportunities for growth provided you put in the work.
Decent Place to Work
I enjoyed working here. However, I had a lot of issues with management, hours, benefits, and work culture.

Management: the management team was ok. I believe their was a lot of areas that needed improvement. Most of the management did not have effective communication and they picked favourites.

Hours: This is a very competitive place to work. It was very difficult to get consistent hours. Some weeks I would get 20 hours and others I would get 3 hours. I would highly discourage people from applying here if they want full time or consistent hours. The tips do not always make up for it.

Work Culture: I found a lot of my former employees and managers gossiped and talked poorly of others often. This was extremely unprofessional and made me feel like it was a very immature work culture.
Lots of interaction with guests
I've learned the true meaning of work family with Earls. Lots of regular business clients and lots of fun. Great food and atmosphere. A true relationship is built within the building of friends and family.
fast paced workplace
Earls is a great place to work, the atmosphere is lively and the staff truly care for the customer's experience. I've learned many things during my time at Earls such as understanding how a restaurant functions and what it entails to run a sustainable and functional restaurant business. My communication and interpersonal skills have advanced through communicating with numerous staff and customers. Building these skills at Earls has helped me in all areas of my life. The hardest part of the job is the stress of tending to multiple tables and making sure every customer is having a great experience. Teamwork is vital in a fast-paced restaurant as it ensures all tables/customers in the restaurant are receiving a high level of service. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you have a strong team that you can rely on in times where you need help the most.
Kind coworkers and managers and emphasis on team work
In my time at Earls everyone i encountered were willing to help me with any questions I had about working there and it is a very team oriented workspace and it shows in the employees willingness to do more for the sake of the team's success.
The best people and company to work for
Earls becomes your family, the managers and fellow co workers look out for you during your shift and off the floor.
The company motto is “people grow here”, and you really do! There are many opportunities to grow professionally or personally.

I’ve never had so much fun at work like I do with Earls. This is the best company I have ever worked for
Busy, but fun workplace
A day working on the line would start off with a restock. The restaurant would open for its lunch service. Once the service slowed down, breaks would be scheduled and the line would be set up for the evening rush. The same cycle would continue for the evening rush, but the closers would take of the line cooks around 8-9 o'clock. Management was great, they did a good job communicating their ideas and tasks as well as your performance. The hardest part of the job was busy services, it could easily get overwhelming and depending on staff, their wouldn't be much help to recover. The most enjoyable part of the job was the rewarding feeling after completing a busy rush smoothly, or effectively getting yourself caught up.
Training.
Great experience working with the Earls organization, I enjoyed the skills they taught and the fast paced environment. I would of felt more comfortable working if I had being given more adequate training moving into new stations and specs.
Over all it was a great experience and I would definitely work there again.
The staff is so friendly, from front of house to back of house. It’s like having a second family, your work family. I really enjoyed every part of working there.
it is a great job culture
the job is great working with great people and having lots of fun on the job. At the start it is difficult but at the end it gets way easier and it gets more fun as you improve.
Super great staff
Good and helpful management, nice colleagues, room for advancement, good pace. Recommend business casual for interview if looking for work at front of house.
Fun and lively work environment, lots of room for growth.
Earls is a very fun, inviting and exciting place to work. There is a lot of allowance for growth and advances within the company. Overall, everyday was rewarding in it's own way.
Fun
If your looking to make good money, meet awesome people, and have a lot of fun then go to Earls. It was an awesome place to work in a resort town. Also there food is bomb & so is there drinks.
it is super competitive yet fun!
it is nice to work here but if you can't handle the stress you will burst out. however, everyone is so supportive! they give out a nice tip also and a free lunch!