Earls Restaurants

Earls Restaurants: 650 Employee Reviews

Canada650 reviews

restaurantkitchenfoodserversouchefcookhostess

poor management

Work scheduling never fit employees availability as well as having to work 9-11 days in a row.

Stressful, but work with a good group of people

Worked as a Prep/Line cook. Cooks are severely underpaid for the amount of work they put in. Despite the wage, I've learned a lot from working at Earls

Cons

Long hardworking hours

Insights into Earls Restaurants

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Managers have favourites

There is micromanagement and favouritism. Unless the managers love you, good luck. Everyone gossips and knows everyone's business. Only the manager's best friends get to really move up.

Terrible place

I was new in town and the people that I worked with was very unwelcoming and I couldn’t get along with anyone. The kitchen staff was often rude with the servers! Don’t recommend!

Okay

HIGHLY stressful but higher tips then anywhere else I’ve worked. on a good night you can make $250+. very high turnover. stressful but people i work with make it worth while.

Great Place to start your first job

Great and fun place for someone who has never had a job because they are always busy and understaffed but as a senior employee you will feel underpaid. Staffs are great though

$1 an hr tip is unfortunate

A fast paced and competitive job. You will be trained brilliantly but get ready to learn quickly. Most people here are incredibly supportive and welcoming. Some others aren't, its a hit or miss. Management here is what makes this place worth working at, they're passionate and caring. If you're willing to work hard, challenge yourself and gain extensive experience in customer service this is the perfect job for you.

Management made me quit

The flexibility is great but honestly the environment and especially the management made me quit. It’s soooo clicky and honestly was bullied when I first started working there and management didn’t care. The average employee would last roughly 2 months. Plus we were overworked for minimum wage and dirt poor tips

Poor Managment

The training wasn't great and management wasn't much help. I would ask for days off months in advance but still get scheduled. Usually understaffed and working alone during lunch rush.

Great place to work and start out

This was my first job and I have nothing but good things to say about the time i worked there. I worked fridays saturdays and sundays and had so much fun working there with the people that it didnt feel like i was missing out by working on the weekend

Fun place to work

It is a fun place to work if you enjoy interacting with people and making them feel welcomed. All my coworkers and managers were great which made working there a lot better.

Very toxic similar to a cult

It’s a very toxic environment where unless your the favourite and if you’re not you get the slow shifts bad sections you won’t move up , dress code is stupid and promotes girls showing their whole body for work and a minimum of a 3 inch heel The staff I got to work with are amazing but management and the way it’s run is awful plus you have no support from the kitchen

Pros

Cheap alcohol and food

Cons

Long hours and a toxic owner/Managment team

good place to work at but not long term

Work environment is usually good and coworkers are friendly. The pay and benefits aren’t good but the work life balance is great for me. Definitely a good place to work I just wouldn’t try to make a career out of it.

Don’t care about workers

The structure creates a toxic atmosphere if you have no desire in becoming management. If they can’t make you a manager; they won’t get a bonus. Scheduling is based on favouritism, not performance.

Cliquey

Some staff are nice, some are cliquey. Tips are good but lots of side work. Food discount sucks. Managers have favourites and give the best sections to their favourite servers.

Friendly Fun Workplace

All of the employees were very friendly, even the managers were still very nice and understood that they don’t work on wall st like other entry level job management. Work was fast paced and the shift was almost always over in a blink.You’d better pick up vaping or smoking though or else you aren’t going to get a break lol.

fun and productive work place

super fun and productive work place! friendly staff and management which helps especially when you're new! love working here would recommend to anyone!

Pros

friendly staff and management

Cons

lots of staff, few hours

Fun but can be a stressful place to work

Not all earls are the same. I often found the management struggles to move people up from hosts to servers. They will tell you that they will make you a server if you are a host for a while but never actually end up moving you up or make excuses for why they have yet to do so. They will also make you do the server assist program which isn’t ideal as your tips are not half of what the actual severs make. I enjoy all the people here but found it can me too clicky for my liking.

Fast-paced, stressful but good money

Working at Earls was very stressful at times, depends on if you're shift leaders are willing to help you or not. Sometimes you get oversat but other than that the tips make it worth it. Need to be social to work here.

Fun place to work

Great job for students and part-time people looking to make extra money. Flexible hours. Earls hires great people, but there is high turnover as the job is not for everyone.

Competitive, diverse

- Work with a diverse group of people- hours depend on sales- employee food discount- work events- learn liquor knowledge- earn tips- easy to move up (management)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Earls Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement