Earls Restaurants

Earls Restaurants Employee Reviews

For the most part everyone is super welcoming when you join. Everyone is really helpful wants others to succeed. Very communicative when needed. Fun place to work. Only downsides would be that there won’t be much advancement unless you have friends in the right places and connections..etc And you are very irreplaceable so there is 0 room for any mess ups. But money is good compared to most serving jobs.
Pros
Fun place
Cons
Short hours, fight for any advancement
I had so much fun when I was working there for a few months even though the work was physically demanding. The people there are very friendly especially the bosses. They consider me like their real friend.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
They don't sponsor foreign workers
Management was ruthless. If you weren’t making enough money per table they wouldn’t schedule you. Still make you wear heels. Swerves were dating each other. Management was dating cooks. It was like high school with all the drama and “popular” people
I have never worked for a company with such bad environment and I've worked in oil and gas. If you want a job in which you will want to kill yourself by the end of the day this job is probably for you, you will be underpaid and over worked. I was in a car accident and my first thought was oh no who's going to cover my shift not and will I be okay because I knew I would be yelled at if I couldn't find someone to cover my shift.
I enjoyed the atmosphere the staff and over all learing experience. Some managment was lacking in the respect department. I have requested an ROE from Earl's 5 times and have yet to recive one, paper copy nor digital to CRA. It's been a year since I've worked there. Other then the lack of this neglect to fix their error. Earl's would be the place for someone that loves to cook and has the willingness to learn. They have amazing chefs that anyone would be lucky to learn under!
Pros
Staff was like a family. Excellent food. Great learning environment.
Cons
Late hours and front of house management degraded you. Treated you like you were a nobody.
My experience at Earls was nothing but positive, and has a great management team to consult on anything you need to know. I learned skill s that help problem solve in a working environment, and the pace at which someone starting at an entry level position should be accustomed to. I found that the most enjoyable part of the job is the welcoming atmosphere, and the friendly employees.
Manager is not good at all, I do not recommend to work at any earls in grande prairie, Alberta. I am completely disappointed in the management their. They are very childish and not mature and are run by people that act like a chicken with their head chopped off
Pros
other employees are very kind and helpful their
Cons
Terrible manager, not proper training, and managers that lie
fun place to work not a flexible job.when the restaurant is not busy they call/text and cut your shift.A lot of stressful situations.tips are low compared to other restaurants in the area.schedules are a mess, they sometimes schedule you past your availability and there are no buses late at night (had to end up taking Uber many times)
Pros
fun environment
Cons
Long work hours with no break, if the restaurant is not busy they will cut you for the day leaving your schedule in a mess
Fun and dynamic work environment. Management always is supportive and willing to train. Advancement available for anyone that's willing to do the work. Great family type environment amongst the staff.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Pay isn't the best, but that's standard in this industry
i got used a lot i felt beaten down at the end of my 4 th year tried to become sous 5 times and always got an excuse as to why I would never make it my head chef nathan was not a nice guy in the end a lot of directors higher up lost all creditability and had to quit or shuffle around
Pros
nice people
Cons
no time and expectations, is to stay until your done no pay, lost over 200hours within year and claimed 1500 in speed tickets to rush to gfs before service
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Earls Restaurants?
The staff and Managers are very helpfully and if you need assistance in putting stuff a way they will show you, it also has a great family atmosphere
Bullied by the Sous Chef very unprofessional we had a disagreement he sent me home and kept badgering me, when I left the prep area he came to find me and told me if I went home I was fired. I had enough of him by then and his inappropriate conversations he would initiate. There was a few good people but otherwise the main crew were always getting high on the job and some staff would eat for free saw lots of things the Sous Chefs did not see! To think this was rated as one of the best places to work I guess if your an alcoholic and pot head!
Pros
Chef and the Sous Chef who trained me were great to me and very professional!
Cons
Staff always high or getting high on breaks, some employees were there too long and too comfortable in their positions.
sue chef bully and treat other cools very bad. The pay is minimum wage. They promote and pay more base on a bias opinion other than hard work. There is a lot of drama and gossip from back and front of house workers.
Pros
Locations everywhere
Cons
Toxic environments overall
Earl's restaurant in red deer the staff is nice when I worked there. The food is always fresh there. It is very clean.it is a easy place to get to.i injoyed working there.
I didn't work for a long time at Earl's but didn't have the best experience either. Sadly, I wouldn't recommend it. Training employees required a lot more attention and making staff feel appreciated was lacking. Turn over was really high and I could understand why.
Great place to work for students! Making minimum wage as a server wasn't bad, because tips were great. Management was organized and fair. Loved the fast-paced environment.
The establishment had some issues regarding communication and scheduling which is to be expected. Wage has been a recurring issue as well where if not a serving position you were underpaid
I loved working here. Fast paced, team environment. The atmosphere is electric, and it doesn't take much to for the whole team to get pumped up. Time goes by fast here... it truly is an amazing place to work
Pros
Never a dull moment, time goes by fast.
Cons
Long hours, and the management can be clique-ey
Great place to work ! First time ever serving and the training was amazing 100% professional and better then other serving job training I had later on , if I hadn’t moved out of province I’d still be there
Great place to work but the people there can sometimes be very unreasonable it is a nice place to learn new dishes and to improve your cooking skills
Every restaurant has it's up's and down's but overall earls is a great entry level job! The sous chef's created a fun, safe environment to grow in as a young chef.
Pros
great people
Cons
very young staff
  1. Employee reviews