Earls Restaurants Employee Reviews

fun work place
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC20 May 2019
Overall fun workplace. High intensity and extremely fast paced. Everyone there is extremely nice and super easy to be around. Management is friendly and cares about the other workers
Pros
you learn to make food
Cons
hours
fun place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 May 2019
great people to work with , they push you to do your best at all times. they also have a great management team that provide a great working environment.
Pros
gain great customer services skills
not very good
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 April 2019
i dont think they treat their employees well, and base everything off a competition. when i worked there, i had been there the longest and still wasn'tgiven proper abilities
Fun and productive work place
Server (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC22 April 2019
Earls has a great employee culture, and great clientele demographic. The job allows you to have fun, be social and gives many networking opportunities (both within the company and with guests). Unfortunately, most of the managers hired are the worst in the industry, manager turnover is very high.
Pros
opportunities to grow
Cons
low manager retention rate
Great community and good place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 April 2019
Working at Earls has been a great experience, all of my coworkers are super sweet and caring, and management cares for its employees and their personal lives as well as their work lives.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
limited hours
terrible place and very disorganized
Cook (Former Employee) –  Willow Park, AB17 April 2019
It was a terrible experience very disorganized and Nobody really had a clue what they were doing. The people in charge were never on the same page. There was a lot of false promises and empty rewards.
terrible management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 April 2019
A day at work consisted of handling food and cleaning tables or front area. Management was terrible, poor service was given to customers, other employees were rude and selfish. I was treated with complete disrespect. My paycheques were always missing hours and never got fixed...
Pros
great customers
Cons
management and employees are terrible
Not the best place to work
Host and, Server (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB1 April 2019
I left this job because the managers were terrible. They were not attentive or willing to assist their employees at any time, especially during the busiest time of day/night. I was a host, expo, and server and while I gained plenty of experience, I did not feel supported in my position. I made good money but only because I was technically working overtime even though I was only hired as a part-time associate (and they were not paying me actual overtime.) There was also A LOT of employee turnover. It was every week someone new was coming and another was going.
You're just a number.
Server (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie28 March 2019
Working at Earls Grande Prairie was one of the worst serving jobs I've had. You're just a number who works in a cramped space so the boss maximized seating to improve income. Youll always have a 4 table section and you'll be expected to haul all the dishes and run your butt off. All of the manager buts one are are lazy. Couldn't be bothered to lift a finger or give you words of encouragement . Nobody cares about working there so all the side duties will get fallen onto the hardest workers.
Pros
You get overtime after 8 hour shifts
kbglrngapetgalnrgnalenrglang;zg;m
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 March 2019
lnilnvaeilrnlialrelalngnalbgbadglannaelfzdgdfgnkldnaklnrlalnerlgnlaenglanerlgerlglnrgkndlgnkalnfgklanklrngklanklrnglknalrngnaerngnlkanerlkgnlaenrgaerngnalkrg
Pros
knrgarneg;anernga;grna;
Cons
klnrgkanrdgnakdfngla
Difficult to advance/takes time with respect to position
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON25 March 2019
Had great culture but management at the time had a negative impact on it. Made promises to certain staff about advancements that never came. Great food and awesome stories to tell guests.
Go
Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 March 2019
Great kictchen
good team
pay is okay
good if you need lots of time off
lots of friendly faces
close to the bus stop
long hours though
tips were decent for back of house
Dishwasher
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 March 2019
I was a dishwasher and in-training for line cook. Unfortunately I was still in high school and school had started, therefor couldn't balance my school and job so I had to resign.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Awesome Cooking food items on the menu
Line Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC12 March 2019
I would come in and organize my station cook and prep for lunch service.As well as continue to do prep tasks after lunch.

Also wash wares and co-labrate foh team members.
Challenging work environment, strong union, no corporate support and a plethora of problems
Director of Care (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 March 2019
Daily very busy, challenges with time management as I was given payroll and scheduling after business manager left with no training. CEO not approachable.
Loved the management team, very approachable and supportive
On call for over a year straight, no quality of life at home
Pros
Developed positive relationships
Cons
Long hours no support
Great job
Back of House--WORKING ONLINE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 March 2019
I miss the atmosphere,and the staff excellent to work with and than turn into great relationships! I really miss working here but I had to pull away from this job at the time because I ended up homeless..
Pros
great staff, tips were great
Cons
I ended up on the streets I had know where to go, so it was hard for me to work without shelter
advancement
Manager / Server / Bartender (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 March 2019
Earls Kitchen + Bar see opportunities within their staff and act upon them. Advancement is also based off performance rather then who's worked their longer.
Pros
awesome team
Cons
inconsistent hours
It was busy
Baker, Line and Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB4 March 2019
Not a bad place to work. Lots of unnecessary drama. The management is ok but I don't feel fair with their employees. I would work their again. It's a job
My beginning of Leadership at work:
Day Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, Canada1 March 2019
Earls Fir Street was the place in which I saw the opportunity to grow into something that was more than just a job. I found myself on the fast track for management and the fast track for climbing in an amazing company. At Fir Street I learned the basics of running a business and operating in a profitable environment. My attention to detail grew beyond my expectations as our sales increased in a 3 year span of over 1.5 million dollars. The most enjoyable part about this was not that we were making more money however that we continued to grow and develop our team into being the best that we could be.
Pros
Great team, great development, free meal
A day at work:
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver Canada1 March 2019
A typical day at work for me at Earls started before I left the house as I was to dress for success. Wearing a suit to work everyday was something that I immediately took pride in knowing that if I looked good I would feel good. Getting to work as the Assistant GM my role was to ensure that fellow leaders/managers had a plan of success for the day and the night. Ensuring that we had a full team that was able to perform in the way that trained them and in a way that represented our company at the highest of levels.
Pros
Security, Free Meal, Great team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Earls Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.