Earls Kitchen + Bar Employee Reviews

Enjoyed my years working for this company
Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Ric1 October 2018
This company gave me the experience I needed to better my career as a bartender. Fully enjoyed my time there. Food is great, experience was top notch.
hectic, and stressfil
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2018
strong corporate culture, but mixed messaging on values. Company values say people receive promotions based on performance, but often it ends up on being on looks and popularity
Fun but not the best
Line Cook/Support (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC10 September 2018
The training is pretty good and it is a fun atmosphere but I would recommend after about a year to look for a better job. You get half off your food witch is nice.
Pros
fun
Cons
not many hours
The environment is great but the pay, not so good.
Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 September 2018
The earls team is fun and out going but you shouldn’t work in the kitchen if you want to make money unless you want to spend years to make it on top. However it is a good part-time job. The people are great their.
Pros
50% off food when you work and free drinks. 10% off if you come in with friends and family to enjoy.
Cons
They will either over work you or under work you.
Don’t work at earls kitchen.
Line Cook/ (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 August 2018
I worked here almost 3 months as cook position.
I didn’t learn anything from here. And they always bill report give us stressfull. Thry want me to do so many things but the wage is ridiculously low just 20 cent more than minimum wage. And no employees beneft. Only 40% off when u done your shift. Any other day you been to earls.. no discount maybe 10% off
I would rather work McDonald’s than here. No free meal too much hours too low pay
"Expo" (Expediter) (Current Employee) –  Calgary9 August 2018
It is filled with great people, but management can try to put up barriers to prevent you from moving up. It can be exceptionally frustrating to watch people around you get promoted while you stay in the same spot.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
High turn over
Great Place to work
Full Time - Server (Former Employee) –  CA24 July 2018
As I was on a working Holiday visa. I started working at Earls Restaurant in Whistler. I was a setter and then worked my way up to a server. It was a fun place to work at and the management were amazing. I will defiantly miss my whistler family at Earls.
Dishwasher
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 July 2018
There we can work in a fast paced environment, with people from different countries and learn different ways of doing the same job. We need to deal with pressure as well.
restaurant life
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 July 2018
extremely fun great people and great location. very fun and friendly people to work with. extremely nice kitchen with an extremely nice dinner menu with lots of choices
Pros
free food
Cons
cuts
Fast paced and a place to work at when you have no experience
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 July 2018
It's a very high-stress work place especially you work with younger group and most of them have this place as their first job. Training quality varies per manager and you're lucky if your boss is very accurate and dedicated to your development. Lively culture and atmosphere since it filled with young, like-minded people. A lot of activities like staff parties and people would usually hang out together. The company upholds their standards highly and would always incorporate their vision and goals to their partners.
Pros
Good tips every week, food discounts, lively culture
Cons
Long hours, unpredictable end times for shifts
Great social workplace
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 June 2018
Starting as a hostess is a great way to start working in the restaurant industry, it allows you to understand the restaurant environment and flow without being too overwhelming. In general the staff is great and very friendly and management was awesome too.
Pros
50% discount on all food when working
Workplace
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 June 2018
It is a great company to work for. The environment and people are always super friendly. People seem happy working there, the benefits are also worth.
Very horrible place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 May 2018
Management was very horrible to work with, there was barely any room for improvement. Hard to feel like i was going anywhere and went through too many different managers in the time i worked there.
Cons
Horrible management
Worst Management Team In Toronto
Recruit (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2018
Could have been a really great place to work had the Management team not been 100% self serving, personal goal-orientated, conniving individuals. Hard working kitchen members get zero incentives. Tip raises, hourly rate raises? Don’t count on it unless you want to have yourself put under the microscope and have endless job lists added to your regular duties. Sous chefs obey the every whim of the Head Chef in terms of Labour costs, cutting people the moment it becomes possible and sustainable. Good luck to anyone wishing for regular 40 hour work weeks - when I left they tried to cut me down to 26.
Pros
Free drinks, nice people to work with at the bottom
Cons
Bad pay/work load ratio, impossible to get 40 hour work weeks, Management takes care of their own interests
By Far my Favourite Job
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC11 May 2018
I loved mostly everything about coming into work at Earls. My time at the restaurant started in the early Summer, just as it was starting to get busy. I was initially the dishwasher but was quickly promoted to the Line. I loved pretty much everyone I worked with; Everyone was so happy and supportive. Sometimes nights would start at 5pm, and end at 2am. Those were not fun.
Pros
AMAZING coworkers and managers, fast paced, free soft drinks, 50% menu items
Cons
Long Hours, no breaks, sometimes short staffed, late nights
Terrible work place, disrespectful employees
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 May 2018
Earls is a restaurant that’s great to eat at but terrible to work at, highly recommended not to work there unless you have no other choice, work environment is disgusting never been in a more dirtier place
Great Culture
Chef (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 May 2018
An amazing team that will help you learn an motivate you to be better. They will respect any input that you have to create a better working environment.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Expect to invest a lot of hours
Fantastic company to work for and grow.
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB9 May 2018
Great company to work for.
Lots of opportunities for growth.
Fantastic leadership and management.
Fun atmosphere and environment.
Team is treated with respect.
Horrible Management
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC7 May 2018
Langley location has gone down hill in the last couple years, terrible management and lack of organization and cleanliness in the entire restaurant makes it a terrible place to work. Plenty of broken thing and nothing ever gets fixed, quite frustrating.
Big place
Host (Former Employee) –  Yale, BC24 April 2018
A big place, usually busy and it is a little overwhelming. A lot of staff, so you do not get to know everyone. But besides this, they have an app where you can arrange your schedule and availability.
Cons
Longs hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Earls Kitchen + Bar. Our community is ready to answer.