EaglePicher Technologies, LLC Employee Reviews

Free coffee and ice machine.
Process Associate 3 (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KS21 May 2019
This was one of the worst mistakes I ever made to remain here for ten years. Management only cares about numbers and nothing else. Quality is overlooked for the sake of numbers. Training is non existent. There is little to none. It doesn’t matter the job you are on, you are expected to meet or exceed quota. Morale is nonexistent, and having management whom stays hidden in their offices doesn’t help. Lay-offs are common occurrence, and I lost my job with nearly ten years seniority. No one is safe working here. If government contracts are not renewed, there are lay-offs. Above average pay for the area, but not worth the headache and frustration. I do not recommend.
Pros
Above average pay.
Cons
Management, hours
Not worth the money.
Production Associate/Spot Welder (Former Employee) –  Seneca, MO15 March 2019
Extremely stressful work environment. Management uses scare tactics to make you feel inferior. They make promises about pay or time off and deny verbal conversations after you're hired. They tell you that you can be replaced at any minute and your job is never secure. Employees are treated like numbers instead of people and they are afraid to address issues or concerns with management.
Cons
mandatory overtime, unpaid lunch, inconsistent point system, Poor HR
I liked working in Seneca
Temp (Former Employee) –  Seneca, MO27 October 2018
I enjoyed the short time I was there. It was just a temp job filling in for someone out on surgery leave.
I wasn't ready to leave and have fond memories of being with the company
Pros
I felt challenged and excited to be there
Cons
Seemed like there were lots of issues with the management
Awful place to work.
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RI24 May 2018
They hire you for one job but you never do that specific job but do everything else. Job is unstable they hire and layoff like changing their underwear. Management especially in the East Greenwich plant was ran by favoritism and nepotism.
Pros
Cons
Nepotism and favoritism
Amazing Company with a great mission
Director Supply Chain & Procurement (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MO10 May 2018
Working at EaglePicher gives you the opportunity to support our military, work in interesting industries like space, aerospace, defense, and medical. Despite only working there one year I'm glad I had the opportunity to serve.
Pros
Great products, job satisfaction
Cons
Owned by Private Equity, sometimes seem more concerned about quarterly numbers than long-term growth
Toxic in the extreme
System Engineer (Former Employee) –  C st.8 May 2018
EP cycled through three entire IT staffs during 2017. 300% turnover! The pay is very good but the hours are killer and the management is the worst I've seen in more than 20 years of consulting. If the new ownership doesn't turn things around this place is headed for the can.
Pros
Unlimited overtime
Cons
Everything else
EaglePicher
Security Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MO 6480227 February 2018
I worked here as a temporary employee. I enjoyed the culture. Everyone was very nice and helpful. Management was supportive and I really enjoyed going to work each day.
R&D Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MO19 February 2018
Necessary experience was gained while I held a job a EaglePicher. It allowed me to grow as an individual and acquire skills from professionals in the electrochemistry field.
Poor place to work.
Quality Inspector/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Joplin,MO14 December 2017
Eagle Picher is managed solely by the "the good ole boy system" and there is not a chance to advance regardless of your performance. They promote their friends and suppress those who do not personally patronize them.
Pros
Good pay.
poor management
Support (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MO12 November 2017
Management used Reductions in Force to lower the employment and replaced people with temp employees. The company is up for sale now and they have RiFed all of maint, quality, IT, and calibration.
Understaffed and underpaid
Not revealed (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MO2 October 2017
New ownership has created severe reduction in the number of employees, thereby creating an impossible workload for those remaining. The company used to be a great place to work, but is quickly going downhill.
Toxic and Nothing Like it Used to Be.
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MO24 August 2017
Since selling to Vectra the environment has become toxic and they have either driven away or forced out some of the best employees. They forced out almost all of upper management and have fired well over 300 people.
Challenging workplace
Project and Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MO17 August 2017
Working hours are generally good for the hourly positions. Some management positions can be 50+ hours per week. There is immense satisfaction to know you are making a battery for space flight or aircraft.
Pros
Job Satisfaction
Cons
Current Ownership
Strong Valuable Employer Growing Fast
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MO5 August 2017
The company has had a 12+ year makeover by expert process, quality, and automation staff leading to a modern manufacturing environment. Dramatic reorganizations and company growth have been the hallmark of EaglePicher in the last 10 years. This change was embraced and adopted by current management and this led to a growth that led to the company being sold to venture capital companies two times in the last 5 years.
The best part of the job is the amazing quality of people most all coming from the surrounding MO area. The top modernized plant is a transplant from Phoenix, AZ and includes state-of-the-art automation. An new modern Lithium Battery plant has been constructed and provides tremendous growth opportunity in advance lithium battery markets including the US department of defense, NASA, Medical, and Aerospace. This is a great place to work.
Pros
Strong Customer Base & Top Products
Cons
Reorganizations normal with high growth
Fast paced atmosphere
Administrative Assistant & Document Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Seneca, MO2 August 2017
Multitude of assignments made the day fly by.
Very energetic staff with multiple demands and deadlines to be met throughout the day. Comfortable working environment.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Business is in the process of restructuring
was a good place to work
Environmental Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MO10 May 2017
It was very interesting place to work , the people was nice, the job was rewarding at times, but sometime demanding, didn't no when I had to work over until the last minute.
was a great place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  joplin mo3 January 2017
Make aerospace batteries for military and space programs. Eagle picher is the number one company in the United states. Sell to country around the world.
Pros
good pay
Cons
new management
Poor morale among employees and no support
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MO5 December 2016
Poor morale among employees
No support
co-workers were good, it just seemed that no one cared what we were making--it was like the management had forgotten that we actually made things!
Thermal R&D Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MO27 September 2016
Work guidelines were clear and specific. No micromanagement by supervisors. Co-workers were friendly and helpful. One of the best places that I have ever worked.
After being acquired by another company it fell apart.
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MO18 August 2016
Used to be a fun place to work with good benefits. After being acquired by another company and decerting the union, things changed. The job became more demanding than ever and then the started letting people go with no call backs planned. Many of their older, more experienced people were let go.
Pros
Insurance, vacation, 401k
Cons
Double work with less people.