Eagle Builders Employee Reviews

decent place to work
employee (Current Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB23 May 2019
decent place to work. everyone in the field is great to work with. its a high paced workplace where you feel satisfied with your work. only downfall is the lack of communication or planning at every step. you never know if its going to be a 8 or 14 hour day and plans seem to change as soon as they get made
Pros
keep you busy as possible
Cons
inconsistent planning
Typical over worked and under paid environment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB14 April 2019
Extreme amount of employee turnovers, supervisors do not training new employees. A large amount of incompetent workers. Bathrooms in shop are disgusting and in need of renovation. Hours are way too long and the fact that the labour board was involved tells what kind of place it is. Absolutely no chance for advancement.
Cons
too many to list
14 hour days 6 days a week
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB2 April 2019
Perfect job if you want to do nothing but work and
Be depressed. I’ve never worked so much in my life it was nice for the first months but it’s hard to have a life
Out side of work
Pros
Steady work
Awesome place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB30 January 2019
I can honestly say this company treats you well. If you work hard, they appreciate you. Fast paced company, and I love it. In all the sectors, constantly thinking of ways to change for the better. You aren’t a number to management. I absolutely love my position and the company.
Pros
Too many to write in this line item
Cons
Nada
4 years with Eagle Builders
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Office8 January 2019
I have been working with Eagle Builders for almost 4 years now. I began as a Superintendent in the field and have been working out of the office for nearly a year and a half now. My experience with eagle builders thus far has been nothing short of exceptional. I have worked for a few other construction companies in the past 13 years. If you are motivated, ambitious, safety conscious, and willing to learn, this company will treat you very well. I have seen the owners of this company talk and treat every employee, from the janitors to the PM's, the same as they would a high profile client. This company is very professional, high paced, and challenging. If these are the types of things you strive for on a day to day basis, then Eagle Builders could very well be a place for you. I am a firm believer that working hard for a company does not go unnoticed and Eagle Builders has been no exception. Thankful every day for this company, it's opportunities, and support.
Pros
Great people, great oportunities.
Cons
struggling to think of one...
great $$$
Precast concrete carpenter - framework (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB6 December 2018
My first job in Canada. Great people, owners, menagment. They give you a raise if they see that you are a hard worker and doing your best. Only one thing was very, very bad in that time.....working hours....(then 12-15 hours most of the days), now they working 8-10 hours per day.
Pros
good money
n/a (Current Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB13 July 2018
Hello,

i have been with Eagle over ten years and guess what....? i am not the only one who is with Eagle for that long.
its a very simple rule here. if you are good for them they are good for you. so i really like to encourage people to ask themselves first why it was all that bad and why they choose or have been asked to leave?
its a pretty easy going company to work for! if you don't mind to work....
Pros
it is never boring
Cons
sometimes a boring day would be nice
How are they still in business!!!
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB22 June 2018
Short and sweet. Don't take this job. You mean nothing. Your job with constantly be threatened.
Honestly would be faster to name the things good about the place then the bad. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone unless you had absolutely no other choice. I quit after 3 months. Moved in to better and brighter things. I actually come home happy again.
Pros
Half decent starting pay
Cons
To many to mention
Great Company, I have worked here for 4 years.
Office (Current Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB16 April 2018
I have been an employee of Eagle Builders for 4 years. I can honestly say that my experience has been very positive. Without identifying myself, I can say that Eagle Builders is the place to work if you’re passionate about what you do and working in a team environment. The company has three divisions shop, office and field. There are employees who exceed 10 years in all three divisions. Eagle Builders is a young and very driven company which means overtime pay is often. The ownership group is very passionate about their business and their employees. In my time here, I have been promoted 2 times and have had been shown nothing but support and respect. I do plan on being here for the rest of my career and growing with the company.
Pros
Great career opportunity, lot's of room for advancement.
Cons
No Tim Hortons in the Industrial Park, need to drive into Blackfalds for it.
Awesome place to work.
Field Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB5 April 2018
First off Eagle Builders works hard to be successful. Sometimes this requires long hours and hard work. Hard work gets rewarded by good wages paid overtime after 44hrs also if positions open up that you are interested in there is the option on moving to different positions. Eagle Builders does a lot of positive things for staff and is very much focussed on building a team! some examples: served lunches/breakfast, bringing coffees out to the site guys, going to hockey games, going to the stampede also Eagle-Builders is very involved with the community.
A lot of this negative info on here I feel comes from people that don't want to work hard don't put effort into there job and don't care about the result or the customer (in the end pays you to do the work!) Your attitude is above all the most important to a positive and good work place. This shows in the 200+ people that work at Eagle-Builders every day to feed their families and have time on the weekends to spend with there families. In short if you want to work hard in a team setting don't mind to get your hands dirty. This is a great place to work.
Turn the clocks back on safety!
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds13 March 2018
By far, the worst company I've EVER worked for! Production over safety...I'm amazed no one here has died. Incredibly unsafe work culture..."shut up and get it done" attitude. Poorly trained and unqualified supervision makes this place a nightmare to have to work at every day. Good if you're a dumb hillbilly, not so good if you're looking for a positive and rewarding work environment. Furthermore, unethical behavior from management, and poor quality control makes this a tough place to take seriously. Good luck loser!
Pros
Tons of OT if you have no life
Cons
Tons of OT if you have a life
Very great place to work eat and sleep 6 hrs amd forget about the rest of your life
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB8 February 2018
Believe what others say, you put in so much effort to do a good job and they turn their backs on u, instead of treating employees fair and keeping them happy, no they dont care. You work MINIMUM 12 hrs a day if not to 15-16 hrs. All talk that they make changes but no. Very disapointing management. People come and go every month if not weekly. Enjoy
Bad place to work
Meatsack (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB25 November 2017
Min 14 hours a day sometimes 20, unpaid breaks, only get an hour off for the whole day.

They think your a robot, only get Sundays off bad wages.

Nobody ever knows what is going On, have to finish the days work plan regardless of how long it takes.
Pros
Good if your single I guess
Cons
Dangerous work place, high worker turnover, terrible managment.
Worst place ever
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB10 October 2017
Like all the others said. Worst management ever, they react instead of planning. You have no life because of the hours they make you do, just when you think your done after 12 hours, not a chance they throw another 3 hours of work on your plate. Breaks what breaks. Guys working 6-7 hours before they get a 15 minute unpaid break. The place is a messy, unorganized, poorly set up, unfriendly atmosphere. They don't have core staff, guys are training others after a couple weeks on the job, if you need to find an employee that has been there for a while just look in the smoking section. Look elsewhere.
Pros
Hmmmm
Cons
They eat you up and spit you out.
Disciplined and hazardous place to work
Field Laborer (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB2 March 2017
finishing off panels, insulation, helping other crew finish their part for faster work. Break time every after 4 hrs. The culture is nice when working with different races.
Pros
Free Pizza
Precast Concrete plant
Batch Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB2 February 2015
All ready done this, so i fail to see why i need to do it again. The job was fine and it was sunny every day, monday to friday. Yep precast concrete plant
OK place to Work
Draftsperson (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB1 October 2014
I do full Architectural & Structural legal working drawings for mostly agricultural buildings like, Dairy, Cattle, Chicken Barns, Shops, & small commercial buildings with shops & offices.
The company is in a transition to use Revit software. I have enrolled myself to SAIT for beginner & intermediate classes, so i can keep up with the changes.
Some Management do take the time to give you full information needed to complete your task. Others do not want to take the time and give partial information, not allowing enough time to meet.
Some co-workers are some what helpful while other are very helpful.
The hardest part of the job is when they say do what you done on other jobs, and it turned out to be wrong and I wasted time.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when the company did some team building and went white water rafting in BC