Eacom Timber Corporation Inc.

Eacom Timber Corporation Inc. Employee Reviews

Management has no past experience

They don’t fix issues with the equipment and complain about downtime. They do not take action against lazy employees or ones with bad attendance. Managers don’t support workers.

Pros

Schedule of hours

Cons

Lack of respect for people and equipment

Felt i didnt fit in to there clicks

I walked in with 10 to 12 years sawmill experience job interview was awesome. Was excited to work there....but just felt your left on your own with no direct to what your job is....some coworkers were cool ...but overall felt everyone had their scocial clicks"....wasn't the best experience...I just didn't go back one day f*uck it LOL

Pros

Decent shift times and pay.

Cons

Management, lack of training and very clicky environment

Decent work, very “clicky” place to work

Not a safety oriented culture. Dealt with a lot of horsing around. Including being sprayed by air hoses and a lot of things being thrown around. Also, I noticed a lot of cutting corners. I was able to transfer positions within the company. I later switched career paths. I grew to be unhappy working there.

Pros

Free coffee, on hitting quota

Cons

Clicky

employee

this is the worst company i ever work for . management has no clue what there doing no experience what so ever. i am retire now management force me to retire which i wasnt ready for. The company gave me absolutely nothing for a retirement gift. 40 years of service with the company and that's how they treat me.

Decent paying job, brutal culture

The company's wages are decent, the culture is absolutely brutal. I've experience first hand that this company only cares about their bottom line. Safety/training is falling apart.

Pros

Wages, in town

Cons

Culture, safety/training

People were nice

Most people respected me but again you can't please everybody. Hard to get a good manager to stay far from everything same for the work force specially skill trades people

Pros

A good mill to work at

Cons

Lodging

Located right in town

It's not a horrible place to work, sadly the current owners have lost their grasp on how to properly run their mills and more importantly take care of their staff. Our most experienced members, some with over a decade of service or more have left Eacom this year. There is a mass exodus of staff members leaving this company because they can't follow two simple rules.... You don't mess with their salary and you treat them with respect!

Pros

Right in town, fare salary

Cons

Upper management

It's OK place to work

It's a small community in a small town. Either you are in the club or not. I've sees unfair firing from work. Management is not professional at all. Even there is union it works for some people and doesn't work for the others. Double standards are every where.

Pros

Quiet town

Very little home then

Monday if my weeks were over 70 hours with no extra pay. Management can be very ignorant or abusive and as salary I often wished I could of been one of the hourly union employees

Since management changed not a good place to work

They promise the world and give you nothing. Can't get proper ppe or tools to do the job or be able to communicate with coworkers properly. Management is one of the worst I've seen. There is little to no training. They always mess your hours up. Not once they got it right and when you bring it up to hr, supervisor, payroll they will pass it off to someone else and say talk to "this person". Management and supervisor's are so far apart on everything. Supervisor didn't even know what my full job title was.

Pros

free Timmy's sometimes, most coworkers are good

Cons

No Training, management

extremely unexperienced managment with zero abilities to do their jobs

poor management the leaders are extremely under experienced for their roles and when they make mistakes the blame is put on the employees and zero accountability is held against the people responsible for the poor decision making

A good company

Eacom is a decent place to work if you're looking for a production/laborer or trades position. As most sites are unionized, you are protected from some of the politics that staff members are having to endure.

bien être des employés

Ils font tout pour le bien des employés et pour pouvoir garder leur opération a leur maximum

environement de travail toxique

dommage pour une compagnie tres respectable que les employés soit toujours contre les idées constuctive et avant gardiste. environement de travaille deconseillé,

not a stable work environment

most poorly run place, management only concerned when there is a break down. No preventative maintenance program. Work schedule was a rotating days/nights

Toxic work environment

As with most places there are too many chiefs and not enough workers. 8 months since our cost of living wage was promised and we still haven't received it. Still waiting for last year's profit sharing. If you're friends or related to management you might enjoy working here. They don't actually respect confidentiality.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Supervisors, human resources.

Good coworkers

Can not be trusted. Stay away. Will nickle and dime you to death. First deception was on wages. Next was travel and moving expenses. Then tools and tool allowance. Then pension and vacations and vacation pay. Can not recommend this company or mill.HR was great until I arrived onsite. Then it was one thing after another.

Pros

Company housing

Cons

Lies deception

Enjoyable place to work.

I would start my day inspecting sorter and reporting any issues that needed to be resolved,Ensuring the work place was safe for my co workers and reporting any safety issues.During the shift I would lower lumber bays and monitor lumber sorter. Through the years I learned many valuable lessons concerning safety and production and how they could work together.I always supported managment and had a good relationship with them.

Pros

Safety training

Cons

Night shift

job plaisante mais aucun avantage pour les gens dexterieur

bonne job mais devrai dedomager les personne de lexterieur pour les encourager a aller travailler labas

Pros

travaille agreable bonne equipe

Cons

ne paie ni gaz ni logement

Good people good benefits

Everyone is nice willing to help out. Then benefits they offer are good. The job does get boring. Work 4 days a week. You have the opportunity to switch positions

Pros

Good people good benefits

Cons

Long days

Millwright at a lumber planing mill

Good job with reasonable pay and mediocre benefits. Good group of energetic, savvy coworkers. Unfortunately the management is constantly changing and shifting, while trying to lower costs while increasing output. That is the ultimate goal, but they're often cutting budget in the wrong places and the employees have lost incentive.

Pros

Smells like fresh cut jackpine!

Cons

Scheduling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eacom Timber Corporation Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7

2.9Job security/advancement

Compare Eacom Timber Corporation Inc. with

• Eacom Timber Corporation Inc.