E. D. Smith Foods, Ltd.

Working at E. D. Smith Foods, Ltd.: 15 E. D. Smith Foods, Ltd. Reviews

Canada15 reviews

Fun and welcoming

I enjoyed my time at E.D. Smith however I was a temp and did not know when I was working day to day. I needed a more reliable job. I wish they could have been more reliable for me.

Can be very fast paced

Ed smith was walking out 30 year people and i was at almost 20 years so i would be next.they are very good at intimating people by saying you wont find a better job .

Pros

Nill

Cons

Bad lead hands

Insights into E. D. Smith Foods, Ltd.

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Alot of annoying people, terrible childish bs

Your coworkers are 10% great and 90% are toddlers, supervisors are like the nut that runs the nuthouse. Job was easy enough but the people were belligerent and mouthy, really awful attitudes. Everyone seemed like they were working against each other

Pros

Not much

Cons

Company culture

If you are immigrant it’s not for you

Don’t work here as a temp. And if you are a temp and immigrant god saves you. Everyone loves to complain for everything how you walk how you talk every thing will never recommend this place anyone.

Cons

If you enjoy long breaks and your a smoker this is the job for you!

Very easy going environment multiple long breaks during shift. Rotating smoke breaks in the smoking area especially on night shift with people outside for hours at a time. Loved it. No cameras in smoking area.

Pros

Pay and long breaks

Cons

Rotating shifts

Great company. Complication: Agency

It was great working with the company ED Smith and the only set back that existed was that I got this job through another agency and they did not respect what was happening to me during the time when I was trying to explain that something happened to me during the job.

Pros

Experience at ED Smith

Cons

Misrepresentation of an agency.

Fun work place

Has a great training program to keep employees and customers safe. The hardest part of the job was standing in one spot for long periods of time. The people that I worked with were fun and easy going.

Pros

I really enjoyed the lack of stress

Cons

Can be very hot and depending on work area repetitive

Productive and fun workplace

Working in a very professional team is a real fun. There is a cafeteria in the building, gym with tennis tables, change rooms with showers. Working areas and meeting rooms are organized very well.

Pros

Innovative company

Cons

Great people and work was interesting

Nice place to work. Very interesting business with a fast pace. Good location, great people, good management. Could have had more resources to be efficient. Currently restructuring or I would still be there.

Pros

Good location and people

Cons

Restructuring

Good place to be and learned a great deal.

Fast paced environment. Great place to learn about multiple categories. Good group of people to work with and location is good. Management style was ok but more interaction would have been better.

Pros

Good work life balance

Cons

Need more resources

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at E. D. Smith Foods, Ltd.?

Tedious

A lot of tedious work that i had to do on a daily basis. Good experience, but i'm glad it's over. not to enjoyable but beneficial in the end.

Great atmosphere

Great atmosphere with very minimal stress. Hardly ever left work stressed or worrying about what I didn't finish or what I needed to do the next day. I worked in the Quality Assurance lab and enjoyed the work I did day in and day out. Coworkers were great to work with and everyone is easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job that it is a plant that runs 24 hours a day so there is shift work required. It is hard on the body rotating through 3 different 8 hour shifts every couple of weeks

Pros

Salary

Cons

Shift Work

Busy and fun, like working in the company. Team members are nice.

Everyday is a busy day, but fun and enjoyable, like the culture in the company. Team members are nice.

Good pay and benefits, but most of management was hired through the buddy system and not because of experience

unload and put away product or load product coming off the line

Pros

8 hr. shifts, paid lunch and breaks

Cons

Stupid people in management

Great Place to work !

This was a great place to work the team was enjoyable and management was great to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at E. D. Smith Foods, Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare E. D. Smith Foods, Ltd. with

E. D. Smith Foods, Ltd. reviews by location

Learn about E. D. Smith Foods, Ltd. in popular locations

• E. D. Smith Foods, Ltd.