E. Bourassa & Sons Employee Reviews

Used to be fun, has gone rapidly downhill
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Weyburn, SK16 January 2019
I loved my job when I started working here. Then the atmosphere did a complete 180. The HR guy would stir up problems just to give himself something to do, and when loyal employees had ideas on how to make things more OHS compliant, he would say they clearly weren’t happy and fire them. Service manager was an utter fool who didn’t know how to do his job and alienated employees and customers alike, while blaming everyone for his mistakes and harassing the employees he didn’t like, forcing them to quit or be fired. Approximately one person per month was fired from the company during my stay, most for ridiculous reasons. There is no loyalty to the employees, no matter how long someone had been there, or how many sacrifices they had made for the company. Work life balance was terrible and it wasn’t unheard of for an employee who was home with a sick child to get called in to pick up work they could take home to do at home. There was also mandatory overtime for many of the positions, and people were more than once faced with the choice to cancel their holidays or lose their job.
Would be a great place to work if you were lucky enough to be one of the Chosen Few at the top.
Pros
Some amazing coworkers. Good Christmas party.
Cons
No loyalty. High firing rate. Terrible work life balance. Pays extremely average.
Official response from E. Bourassa & Sons
18 April 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. At E. Bourassa & Sons the people are our biggest asset and as such, we work hard to attract and retain top-level talent.

We wish you success.

Family-oriented business with great work-life balance
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Weyburn, SK7 January 2019
E. Bourassa & Sons is a fun and rewarding place to work. The management is fair and strive to constantly improve the business. They are open to new ideas and allow you to do your job without being micromanaged. Employees are treated well with numerous functions throughout the year. If you have a family there is a great work-life balance, which allows you to take time off when needed - granted you get your work done.
If you are looking for a job where you want to be challenged and grow, this is the place for you!
Lifer
Manager (Current Employee) –  Weyburn, SK30 November 2018
I truly love coming to work everyday. E. Bourassa & Sons has created a work culture that is respectable and fun. The staff and customers make coming to work enjoyable.

I'm grateful for the work/life balance; Bourassa's is more than accommodating. The partners are hands on, and are always open to new ideas. I honestly have learned so much from working with the General Manager; I value his knowledge and experience.

I also appreciate the fairness of this company, they really do try their best at treating all employees fairly.

I highly recommend E. Bourassa & Sons as an employer, especially if you are hard working and passionate.
Pros
Family Owned, Accommodating
Cons
2/5 locations could get a makeover (improve show room/ shop space)
Great Company And Family To Work For!
Management (Current Employee) –  Weyburn, SK29 November 2018
This has been a great place to work. Once you work for a family owned company you will never go back! Ownership is fair and understanding with a heavy emphasis on Family and Community. I couldn't have picked a better company to have a career with!
Pros
Family Owned, Fairness, Autonomy, Opportunities for Advancement
Absolute nightmare
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SK13 September 2018
This family business belittles their employees, plays favourites and lets you go at the drop of a hat, steer clear. They might throw a great Christmas party but they can go down with their sinking ship
Official response from E. Bourassa & Sons
18 April 2019

zZzZzZ...... Wake up, it was just a dream. All kidding aside...

The Bourassa Family make it a priority to celebrate with their employees at several big annual bashes in addition to the FAMOUS Bourassa Christmas party.

We hope you enjoy dry land, we will continue to sail along.

Not bad
Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK15 January 2018
Not bad if you want to work with a family owned company. There are numerous good things regarding this employer, but the politics involved are scary.
Great team atmosphere, depends what location
Its ok if you like a small town business
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatchewan16 March 2017
Its ok if you like a smaller business.

I did not enjoy the work load of the dealership as I was the only one that was taking all the calls on weekends and on holidays. Work life balance was a bit out of wack.
Great people but.....
Human Resources Manager (5 Locations) (Former Employee) –  Weyburn, SK13 April 2016
Too much Micro Managing.
Little trust between the owners and employees.
the staff are all very hard working people who care deeply
Cons
Long hours with little thanks
Agricultural Technician (Current Employee) –  Assiniboia, SK31 January 2016
Repairs to agricultural equipment
Management is good and understanding
My co workers are good and helpful
learning the in's and out's of agricultural equipment as I have never worked on this kind of equipment.
Learning new things
Pros
Understanding management
Cons
No career movement
Heavy Duty Technician (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SK28 June 2014