E Construction Employee Reviews

Hard working include overtime everydays
Paiving (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 December 2018
Maintenance, perform tasks involving physical labor at parking lots and roadways by operating one or several types of maintenance equipment.
In other day, painting and patching the roads.
Driving paiver and pick up machine
Pros
good activity and grand company
Cons
Short free days
Staff returns every year for seasonal work
Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Ft McMurray2 September 2018
The fact that the same people keep coming back speaks for itself. Management is overworked, there is a freeze on wage hikes but they provide decent apartments when in McMurray so it balances out.
Pros
nice accomodations.
Cons
seasonal;
Good Summer Job
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB1 September 2018
Wide variety of superintendents. Hours are long with a good wage. Hotels were included with some meals paid for. Out of town work with 6 and 1 shifts.
Pros
Wage
Cons
No family life.
good compagnie
Lead Hand/ Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 September 2018
working in team work, bulding the road up to final grade for paving , bulding sidewalk .
Productive and quiet work place
Human Recourse Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 January 2018
At E Construction Ltd., the company is very well ran and very well taken care of. a typical day in the office is lots of filing, doing some benefit activation, helping employees with benefit and pension information. Setting employees up in our payroll system. reports need to be done monthly, and timely.

I have learned lots of new skills, that I can expand into other opportunities as well.

Management is excellent

The hardest part of the job is the long hours, I need more flexibility.

The most enjoyable part of the job, is the people are super friendly and its so close to everything, easy access.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
good
Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 January 2018
great people and opportunities to advance as well as move up in the company once the required time and experience is obtained.

would recommend anyone who was willing to try it out
Worked with E-Construction during my co-op term.
Junior Quality Control Tester (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 September 2017
Worked at different gravel pit locations within Alberta. Depending on the amount of gravel required for the project, I would be at that site for a month to three months. Required to drive to and from the site. The company provides the vehicle, hotel and food allowance.
I was on a 12 hour shifts, day or night and 14 days on and 2 days off.
Pros
Provided a vehicle and hotel.
Your just a number
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan26 October 2017
Crew is great to work with. As for office staff.. micro managed way to much and never held accountable for anything. It all on you including the blame
Pros
Good crews. Decent pay
Cons
Office staff will bring you down.
overall review
Assistant du d├ępartement de gestion de projet (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 September 2017
this company was a great company for advancement and progress in your carreer but for the reason of small town and cercle of friends in the company it was a little harder to be able to atteint the goal you wanted to.
great place, great people.
Road Construction Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 August 2017
it had been a wonderful experience. being a 17-19 year old, working a tough job i had no idea would hold such great lessons and work ethic. majority of what i learnt, i learned through the construction industry and have no regrets.
Pros
company bbqs
Productive work place.
Urban Base Foreman & Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Northern Alberta5 April 2017
Working at E Construction provides one with opportunities to practice and improve upon ones skills. The teams are extraordinary hard working and skilled persons. The hardest part of the job is sometimes getting contract persons on ones side to get the job done in a timely and efficient manner. Management is supportive and allows one to take ownership of ones job. Risks are supported by management.
Supportive
Flag Person road Construction (Former Employee) –  Gift Lake Metis Settlement, AB8 July 2017
I liked working for this company, they were very friendly and willing to help teach me new skills. The hours were good and the crew was Friendly to work with. I have applied with them recently and I hope they call me again this summer.
Pros
Good pay, good people
Cons
Seasonal
fun and positive
Flagged (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 September 2017
E construction was a great positive place to work I loved every minute of it the long hours are well worth the way you are treated and respected, they make sure you are taken care of
Pros
great people
Cons
fast paced and long days but lots of fun and alway mething new to learn
Laborer (Former Employee) –  slave lake alberta16 May 2016
working anything from 10-16 hours depending on the jobs we were doing. we worked on small residential patches and roadways within slave lake. we also worked alongside standard general well paving the new over pass on the QE2 just north of Leduc. we also worked long night shifts at the peace river airport laying down a new runway. the bet part of the jb was the people I got t work with and the new experiences I had. the worst part was working n 25+ weather everyday with 130 degree+ asphalt
Pros
$60 live out
Cons
hot and long days
Poor management
packer operator/ laborer (Former Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB25 March 2017
Bad management and attitudes mixed with a lack of working knowledge from superintendent in 2015/16 overall bad experience with said company lots of bad experiences
Pros
Good money
Cons
Poor management and lack of knowledge from superintendent. Lack of respect for the employees
Great Summertime Job
Flag Person (Former Employee) –  Alberta Highways.5 February 2017
I really enjoyed my time with this company, met a lot of great people. I just wish that there wasn't so many work hours in a day also not as many days in a row, but when you only get the summer time to work construction on the road, every little it counts.
Pros
Great overtime!
Cons
21 days work, 4 days off only.
used to be alot better
Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 September 2017
management is full of micromanaging heros that dont have clue on what has to be done. very unorganized

great staff, good pay nd benefits
Road base crew (Former Employee) –  Lac La Biche, AB24 May 2016
First construction job, great staff and co-workers were good to work with. long hours with overtime, was hard standing in the sun as a flags person for 8 or more hours a day without breaks. Enjoyed running skid steer.
Pros
great staff and co-workers
Cons
long hours with little breaks
fun people to work with and good pay
Flag Person/ Pilot Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 October 2015
flagging, keeping co workers safe while they worked on the highway, driving pilot truck to help direct traffic in the right way, kept a close eye on the traffic as it went by.
Pros
good hours and pay
Cons
standing for long hours of a time
No comment :(
Signage implementer (Current Employee) –  Ft mcmurray16 June 2012
No direction, no motivation, no empowering, tendency to pick favorites, **double standards**, quick to fire employees without reason And very unprofessional manor, unable to put employees where they will be strongest.
Pros
paid accommodations
Cons
see above