Dyson

Working at Dyson: 17 Reviews

Canada17 reviews

Great management and company to work for

Dyson provides you with great training and a wonderful team to work with. As a sales demonstrator you have lot of support and even though Dyson is expensive it's not hard to sell at all. Expect to work weekends. It can be boring at times depending which store you're in. Base plus can be good. Quarterly bonuses. Good entry level position

Pros

Good bonuses, thorough training and great management

Cons

Not enough income to support a family

Dyson does not care about work life balance. And their bonus structure sucks.

They expect you to carry your demo vacuum’s to your work every shift. Have to clean store vacuums. No good side to job except they pay you just not a lot.

Insights into Dyson

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Supportive environment
  • Support from manager

Great company with a strong sense of culture

Really great company, communication is open and both ways. They really help you grow and learn - stretching you to promote growth! There is a strong focus on company culture and in my opinion they are doing an amazing job

Pros

Wages, training and culture

Cons

N/a

Great company to work for

I would absolutely recommend applying to anyone who is seeking a great employment. Dyson is well known for their unbeatable quality of products as well as a very professional approach to all employees.

Enjoyable place to work. Can be slow at times

Dyson has an excellent in depth training program. The best I have ever experienced. They care about there employees and are will to listen and act of feedback! As a Demonstrator expect to work Thursday-sunda It's okay money for a part-time position.

Pros

Great work culture and support

Cons

Not enough pay to support a family

fun productive lots of work

the employed are awesome people to work with fast paced environment always something to do unlimited work to do working with vacuum cleaners got to make sure you dont break the product as well

Dyson is a great job it also pays really well. Taught me so many helpful skills that I can now take with me anywhere

The day consists of either handling customer complaints, placing orders, fixing current orders, shipping out new parts or scheduling a maintenance appointment for their product. The management is friendly. It is a competitive place to work. Great insight into the Canadian retail market. Very very supportive management.

N/a

Receives and checks incoming product. Stocks or re-stocks shelves with product received. Performs delivery service to customer base. Delivery service may be on demand, a delivery route or a scheduled shuttle from point A to point B. Performs inventory control functions as directed by manager. Assists in maintaining clean and orderly working environment both in store and in delivery vehicles.

Great place to work!

Amazing place to work Great people + team, really passionate about the product and providing training on the Dyson culture. Competitive wages and company incentives.

Great Company

Great company to work for. That inspires creativity, problem solving and diversity. I have only worked for them for a year but it has been only a positive experience.

Pros

Great work enviroment

Cons

No job opportunities at this moment.

Fun Environment

Everyday is a new day and new challenges that are easily overcome. Great company to work for. Communication is a bit lacking as some of the higher management are quite busy dealing with the rest of the experts throughout the nation. On a working day, you are required to bring the demo units along with you that the company has provided for you in order to showcase to potential customers. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people everyday and overcoming their objectives of the products.

perfect company to work for

Dyson offers a really good work environment, you start off simple and end the day simple. Management is amazing. You're your own boss at your job and its a great company to work for,

Pros

Great salary

great worknplace

great launch of new hairdryer grest styling experience, learnt many new things workinvloves increasing sales and awareness smashing kpi and targets

productive work place

a typical day of work mainly entailed with me receiving every shipment and to ensure it was entered into the system correctly I learnt for the most part of it how to handle shipping and receiving and how to manage data entry there was room for improvement in management the hardest part was having shipment after shipment and having to do accurately and efficiently at a fast pace the most enjoyable part was being able to do your work and still have good communication with your coworkers

Pros

free lunch

Cons

not enogh hours

The Perfect Working Environment - Dyson

Working for Dyson is what I would label an "almost" perfect job. When I was first hired as a bilingual customer care representative, I was very nervous. I had never worked in a call center environment before but I always heard that it was tough due to the call volume and time. However, Dyson has shown that not only are their products are reliable but their workforce is just as reliable. The managers are there every step of the way and ensure that you are well prepared when taking calls. The work environment is the best part of job as the calls themselves can be a little stressful at times. You are able to talk with the managers between calls if you have any questions or concerns. You are not crucified if you don't reach the call target but you are given constructive criticism to improve your call times which is essential in this work environment. Dyson aims for a one-call resolution and I would honestly say that Dyson has successfully succeeded with this plan by having managers who are organized and motivated to help you. The only issue is that the customer care representatives do not get any benefits but with the good pay, it makes up for it.

Pros

Free lunches on occasion, laid back, friendly, good pay

Cons

No benefits

A great overall experience.

I had recently completely changed my career path. I was giving so much support in the transition from my manager and supervisor. The rest of my co-workers were fantastic as well. Everyone is so friendly and helpful.

productive and fun workplace

Great place to work. Good culture, people, Senior management is excellent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dyson. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement