Dynamite Employee Reviews

Efficient and friendly workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 June 2019
I would assist customers with their shopping needs and inform them of any deals they would be interested in. I learned techniques for selling products and to use open ended questions when asking customers if they need help. Dynamite had a very friendly environment with an effective team and excellent management. The most enjoyable part of the job was piecing together outfits for customers when they needed help and leaving the customer satisfied with their purchase.
Awful, basically just the management... awful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON6 June 2019
2/3 part timers were such sweethearts... there was 5 managers when I started and 2 when I left. They were all on huge power trips, bossy, entitleted and Just the most nastiest mangers you’ll ever meet.
Pros
Cons
Managers x10000
Worst place to work
Full-Time Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 May 2019
im a full-time keyholder at dynamite and let me tell you, its the worst job ive ever had. the head-office and management are rats, they exploit all your energy and will never be pleased with your work. DO NOT WORK HERE. they don't care if you have a life outside of work THEY WILL MAKE YOU WORK EVEN ON DAYS YOU BOOKED OFF. I've cried so many times ever since working here because theyre so up your about making sales, If you don't make sales one day EXPECT your managers will have your head
Pros
50% employee discount
environnement de travail agréable
Gestionnaire, 3iem clé (Current Employee) –  Anjou, QC1 April 2019
Travail agérable, milieu très féminin. Ambiance peu stressante et agréable. Le travail consiste particulièrement à orienter la cliente dans son choix de vêtements.
Pros
rabais sur les vêtements
Cons
horaire qui varie beaucoup selon la saison
Great place to work when in school
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 February 2019
No appreciation for the employees that worked there for years.
Managers did not care that I worked there for 3 years, never had a raise. No appreciation for the work I did.
Pros
flexible hours when in school
Cons
too much work for minimum pay
fun environment, good job in school
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 January 2019
Great environment
Everyone is welcoming
Enough hours while in school
Manage both work and school
Management is understanding
Over worked some days/weeks
Under appreciated by district manager
n/a
Merchandiser/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2019
job was okay I liked it. management could have been better. workplace culture was also great! I learned new skills everyday. customers were nice. always have a smile
Pros
being happy
Cons
not being happy
bonne equipe
Vendeuse (Current Employee) –  Brossard, QC16 January 2019
Equipe vraiment dynamique et tres bonne ambiance de travail
Pros
flexibilité des horaire
Environnement de travail
Assistant visuel (Former Employee) –  Granby, QC9 December 2018
Négatif

Surcharge de travail
Short staff
Donc employé souvent stressé
Trops de tâches pour arriver a focusser seulement sur les clientes
Plus ou moins de reconnaissance
Pas de soutient quand les magasin on vraiment besoin d’aide

Positif

Plan d’intégration complet quand tu arrives a le faire
Ambiance dynamique
Travail d’équipe
Se surpasser
Les superviseurs sont quand même humain
Environnement convenable
Vendeuse (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 November 2018
Une belle entreprise qui m’a permis de mettre en valeur mon entrepreunariat et mon sens critique.
Pros
Rabais employés
Cons
Productivité
Apprentissage de la gestion
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC20 November 2018
Entreprise intéressante pour l'évolution de carrière mais conditions salariale pas très bon et travail très exigent
Pros
Apprentissage du leadership...
Cons
Salaire, conditions, obligations
Unprofessional/disfunctional wor place
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 November 2018
The process was quick within two days after applying manager got back to me and set up an interview. The interview wasn't really an interview at all. Was asked all of two questions. Worst part was being told and offered part-time to full-time and then after accepting the position and being hired I was then told that my position was only seasonal/temporary. Manager didn't really care who or what I was about it didn't seem to matter like you're hired anyways. Didn't care about your goals or anything like that. Which made me feel that there was no care or support for the managers team or Employees.

The culture was wish washy co-workers werent friendly at all unless they felt like you were on their side or would be on their side. Talked down to or about you with other co-workers. 1 hr into my first shift no one really acknowledged me or introduce themselves after I would introduce myself and wasn't being trained. Didn't even know who my leader was or who was suppose to train me. Basically was set up for failure as I was just thrown out onto the sales floor with no knowledge or direction. If not having had retail experience I would have not known the basics of any store and what I could do. Half of my first shift was spent walking around the sales floor greeting customers as I didn't know what I should be doing as no one was informing me of the expectations and what needed to be done in the store. Then to have a co-working come up and ask me why I'm just standing around and not doing anything when there's things that need to be done. And also why I couldn't find an item in the
  more... store. Terminology they used for specific things or when asking someone for something was confusing BUT again with no training how would I understand. Absolutely everything had to be radio in on the mics, there was no face to face communication. Co-workers/management wouldn't talk or help you unless they felt that they liked you.
Very Unprofessional.

I wouldn't recommend working here, unless you like that type of work environment and the discount
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
Culture, very unprofessional, no breaks, not really trained or even trained at all poor management
Security but hard to advance
Store Stock Full-Time (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL22 August 2018
No work/life balance; Your life is expected to revolve around them. You live to work. Most employees are there as a job for the time being and but are expected to put everything into the company as if it is your career. No real support from headoffice. Expected to get the impossible done with no hours. Good workplace culture and you do become a family at work.
Fun, enjoyable work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 August 2018
Very busy work environment. GREAT group of girls to work with. Very supportive management. Flexible schedule. Develops great people skills and customer service skills.
Tough on sales and associates
Stylist / Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 August 2018
Very upright management, only care about sales and growing the company. Schedule-wise they barely consider what you want and your general availability.
great place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS18 June 2018
Amazing management and always room to grow. I will always remember everything I've learned from working there. this was one of my first jobs and its really helped me grow.
Travail agréable et stimulant
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC2 June 2018
Équipe dynamique et énergique, bon environnement de travail avec des tâches bien réparties. Nous apprends à travailler sous la pression et s'adapter à différentes situations avec calme.
Amazing advancement, Good benefits
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 May 2018
Dynamite has much room for advancement. The management takes in account your work ethic and what you would like to advance to and makes a plan to build you into that role. There is job shadowing available if you would like to consider a role in the company you may not be sure.

Benefits were great, you had an option from Basic, Silver, Gold. Vacation was two weeks per calendar year. There was an option to register for RRSP. Employee discount on regular prices clothing is 50% off. Any winter jackets or season stuff is 20% or 25% off. Employee discount has a 750.00 cap for every 3 months and can only be used at the store you work at as well as the Garage in the same mall.

Management was very involved and supportive. They give you maximum training and also communicating within emails for any questions.

The company has very high expectations for reaching your sales goals and making recommendation but it has absolutely no commission at all which is a terrible part.

Overall, it is a very good company to work for and amazing people.
Pros
A lot of opportunities for advancement. Great benefits. Good team. Great management support.
Cons
Not a set schedule, no work/life balance, Too much push for creating sales with no commission incentive, Cap on employee discount.
Fast-paced, fun environment but can be difficult in other ways
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 May 2018
Dynamite was a fun place to work since I was surrounded by beautiful clothing all the time. Salary was not great and there were no real chances to advance in the company. Managers are not very kind when scheduling and some staff is only given late night closing shift instead of balancing with opening and closing.
poor management
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 May 2018
treated poorly by management and was talked down to and called names by my managers. was paid almost 2 weeks late for about 2 almost 3 months after being employed.
Pros
discount
Cons
management