Dynacare Employee Reviews

Amateur company-low pay near minimum wage
Lab tech (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 March 2018
former accountant turned executive, former lab techs turned managers, have no idea about business processes or employment law.
Low wages for lab techs, recurring contracts to keep you under contract forever to avoid proper severance pay.
must work at rapid pace, high volume
environnement flexible
medical intervieuwer (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC6 March 2018
horaire flexible.salaire compétitif.bon logistique
Pros
horaire flexible
Cons
salaire très minime
Terrible Management, expect you to have no life and work all the time
Toxicology (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 February 2018
In certain departments you are expected to work constantly in over time and have no personal life while managers go home on time and come in whenever they feel like it. They fail to communicate many key aspects of work life with their teams and then punish them later for them not knowing. They expect you to be psychic at most times. They waste a ton of time with meetings that are informative, but with hold valuable information that employees should know. Managers are often seen crying and constantly complaining how much stress they are under with no regard for professional behaviour. It is a very unstable working environment and you never know from day to day if you will be fired or not. They constantly threaten us with losing large clients and therefore losing jobs but do literally nothing to fix the issues at hand except walk around and then crowd your inbox with emails of how poor of a job you're doing. Managers expect miracles to happen, which just isn't possible.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Long hours, zero respect, zero appreciation, zero foresight, constant put-downs
N/a
Digital Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 February 2018
Company gives employees opportunities for growth and career enhancements. There is opportunity to learn and contribute to support company vision.

Opportunity to improve Work/life balance

Workplace culture supports open door policy. Sr. Executives are very approachable.
work at dynacare
MEDICAL LABORATORY ASSISTANT/TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 February 2018
work enviornment not so bad. but there are favorrism at work place and treat different people different ways.
job security is not there.
lots of gossiping
A Heath solutions Company offering Quality Laboratory Services
Medical Lab Technologist - Histology (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 February 2018
A Toronto Top One Hundred Employer, Dynacare is evolving into a Health Solutions Company that revolves around offering quality Laboratory services. A laboratory that sees very high volumes, and is getting busier every year. Workplace culture is positive. Management is reactive to external pressures and very quick to adapt it's workforce.
Pros
Good benefits package, good learning environment
Cons
High volume, high pressure, slow to adapt.
If you want to lose the will to live, get a job here
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 January 2018
They over work hard working individuals and let slackers fluff off.
Management flip flops constantly.
This company pretends to "care" but just pumps in work and pumps it out just as fast with no regard to the employee or client.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Was a great experience
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC15 January 2018
While i was there, this was the best place to be, it was a young company filled with people wanted to help the company succeed while having fun.

I left for a better salary.

I understand that since i left the company is no longer the same, they are trying to squeeze every penny out of the division... shame.
Short Staffed Place With No Room For Advancement
IT Support Services (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 November 2017
This is the type of place that overworks you without proper compensation. The communication at this company is very poor with most people and the possibly of advancement is non existent. This place is a revolving door for employees who come one week and are gone the next. The company does not care about its employees although it pretends to. The hiring standards for this company are poor as they will hire many who have little to no experience to do the job but expect that you are a professional and fully knowledgeable of the job at the time you start. This is where the revolving door part comes in. Your responsibilities no matter which position you have is that of the entire company as your job description is whatever you are told and is not always accurate. Management has no idea what is going on and you often get in trouble due to the lack of communication. Dynacare in terms of workplaces scored the lowest scores in Canada for communication and job advancement. We would constantly be reminded of this and told to improve but nothing actually changes. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with co-workers that were not management. Some of them are a pleasure to work with while others are just looking to stab you in the back. Its a company where you have to watch your back and not trust anyone as you could be let go at anytime for a reason that is very small.
Pros
Free Tim Hortons and Pizza on Occasion (Leftovers from Meetings)
Cons
Excessive work hours, always on call, management is clueless
Blood work
Health Professionnal (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 July 2017
Driving and going to retirement home and to home for blood work according to the needs of doctor for patients - special tests.

During the winter it is hard sometimes to g obecause of theweather
Good company
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 July 2017
Dynacare has given me an opportunity to improve my workplace skills. A typical day at work consists of a busy work environment with a number of clients walking in for blood tests and such which let us, employees, value time management. Overall, it is a nice company to work for since it has opened various doors for me.
Pros
Health benefits, healthy work environment
Cons
Unsuitable salary, mileage
Dynacare Culture
Corporate Quality Assurance Auditor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 July 2017
Dynacare culture enhance collaboration and Dynacare believes that healthcare is a team effort so we work together with other healthcare professionals to achieve the best results for the people we serve. Within our own Dynacare team, we value and leverage each other’s ideas, expertise and experience
Good company
Medical Laboratory Technician- Trainee (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 June 2017
I have been here for my Student Placement. Dynacare Medical Lab is a nice environment to work for. I love my job here and I enjoy it. The day will start with greeting patients. It's a nice feeling that you were able to help them resolve their health issues. I love my co-employees too. They were so nice to me. Morning time is so busy and before closing time.
good job placement
I didLaboratory Assistant - Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 April 2017
such a good place to work if given a chanceI didn't work here, I just did my placement for Medix College. I really thought I am going to get hired cause I love this job.
It is a job
Truck Driver/Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 April 2017
it pays the bills there is flexibility if one is in need of time off there are health benefits provided for those that qualify fair paid vacation pay and time off fair severance pay if you qualify the majority of people are ok beginning end of day just another job that pays the bills very proper and law abiding corporate citizen though good company to work for
Pros
Work
Cons
No Work
Dynacare
Specimen Processing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 March 2017
Dynacare is a very good stepping stone. You learn so much and there is always training sessions happening to provide you with more knowledge on how new technology is being used in the health care system.
Greater Toronto's Top 2017 Employers
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Brampton, Ontario1 February 2017
Dynacare is a great place to work. I have been with the company 5 years and it feels like a family.
My typical day starts of with meeting up with my courier team getting them ready for the days work. Working out the daily kinks of missing orders and such. Daily Manager meetings along with best hiring practices when trying to interview for candidates in my department.
Working on reports, KPI's along with Fleet Management.
Best part of my job is my team.
Pros
culture
Cons
24/7 operation
good place
Laboratory technician (placement) (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON30 January 2017
learned lots of things, good place to learn and get experience. very fast paced and busy. A person needs patience and fast instincts incase of any situation.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
sometimes overtime
Avoid!
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 January 2017
Working for this company as a "casual-oncall" is not worth the headache. Your expected to be available at all times and when you have something else come up your penalized for it. No benefits, except paid mileage. Moving up in the company is impossible and staff is rotated out of there on an almost monthly basis.
Pros
Paid mileage
Cons
Lack of direction and favourtism.
Friendly and team oriented place of work where it is easy to learn.
Medical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON29 November 2016
A day of work at Dynacare starts early as patients would like to get their lab tests done early before work or if they have been fasting. A lot can be learned here; this includes a wide range of knowledge relating to specimen collection and processing. You are working together as a team with three to four other people. They are always friendly and will help each other and yourself out. It can be difficult when it gets busy, as you might end up feeling rushed and patients may end up having long waits. However, it is enjoyable that you get to interact with many different people and you get a feel that you are helping them and bettering their lives since it is in the health field.
Pros
Not just doing one thing over and over, there is a variety. The teamwork between your coworkers and you makes the work more efficient
Cons
Can be very busy at times.