Dymon Storage

Dymon Storage Employee Reviews

Canada23 reviews
Featured review
Dymon Storage selected this as a representative review
Exciting Opportunity
The culture is very innovative. There are so many opportunities for personal growth and success.The Management is very hands-on and experienced. Many of the employee's have been with Dymon for many years and it really demonstrates the potential for success that all employees have within the Company.
Pros
Great Benefits, Amazing Staff, Job Security, Career Growth, Very Well Structured
Cons
Fast Pace
Great experience
Great place to work if you can handle shift work, long days but lots of time off ( only work 14 days a month) Growing business lots of room to advance
Biting off more than they can chew
While working for Dymon I found that I had a hard time with the workplace environment, I found that each shift was against the other and Storage Units would be sold even if the other shift had put in the work.

I also had an instance where I had an Allergic Reaction to something in the workplace and was told that if I went home it would look bad as I was in my first month.

Dymon's head office doesn't understand what happens at the store level,

They constantly try and add new products or new ways to make the commission but you never can hit the targets due to poor software or lack of clientele walking in.

Don't believe the sales pitch in a fancy board room when you will be working in a loading bay or a white hallway that never ends
Don't waste your time
If you are looking for an easy job to make quick cash, and you are able to keep your head down and do your work, then by all means take the job. It is 13 hour shifts on your feet (they shun you for sitting down at any point) with uncomfortable shoes. The uniform is non-condusive to the tasks that you need to do and uncomfortable. You are responsible for every role (Cleaning, admin, sales/leasing, and maintenance) and often work with only one or two other people.

The job is customer service based so guests yell at you almost every day for following the policy, with no support from upper management.

Upper management hardly communicates with store level staff, unless they are shunning you about something.

Dymon often gives impossible sales targets so that they do not have to pay out bonuses.

For a winner of a humanitarian award, Dymon really couldn't care less about their staff. They fire people left, right and centre for small reasons, yet let some people get away with nearly murder without a slap on the wrist. Be careful what you say about the company, they don't want to hear about how they could improve. It's their way or the highway.

Promotions are granted using the "Eeney miney moe" method instead of being based on actual experience or skill.

Dymon spent $15,000 on custom Christmas floaties but keeps making empty promises about raises. (Don't expect a raise ever)

Dymon hardly offers a livable salary, especially if you are a single person. Don't be fooled by the bells and whistles they present during the interview process.

Dymon doesn't value
 - more...
Pros
Free coffee/tea and water at work, Free work events (redblacks/sens games), days off often, every other weekend off
Cons
Long hours in a high stress environment, on your days off you are too tired to take advantage of them, other shifts compete with you for sales, owner's and upper management couldn't care less about you
Uncompromisingly stressful and toxic place to work with a revolving door out front
Dymon, where the targets are made up and the (front facing) employees don't matter.

This is a really stressful place to work with terrible work/life balance. I thought I was well prepared - they make "every second week 3-days off" sound so good, until you realize the opposite week you work 57+ hours.

Not a day goes by that the toxicity of day to day routines, management, co-workers, off-shift co-workers, bogus/arbitrary sales targets or the physical environment doesn't leech in and ruin your mental and/or physical health.

I learned what any first month jailbird learns, snitches get stitches (figuratively). Watch what you say and who's around when you say it because, *everyone* is a gossip, even head office. It can stifle your career growth unless you're "shmoozing" above the glass-ceiling then you can get away with anything including slacking off at work while simultaneously stepping all over your colleagues.

Upper management is unscrupulous - often guilt you into staying late/going in early, coming in on your days off, or even try to get you to come in if you call in sick. Surprise - no OT for staying late or coming in early - you're on salary. Contrary to the job posting store associates do not have the option to work at various locations. You can forget about trying to arrange a sit down to share your concerns / troubles with upper management. Mine were and continue to be ignored.

The bellhop uniforms they give you are atrocious and impossible to stay clean while performing so much manual labour. Like wearing dress shoes with steel toes? You'll easily get in
 - more...
Pros
3-day weekend the first week, Management lets a lot of employee mistakes slide, Fast promotion (no training needed), Tickets to sporting events with work mates you like
Cons
57+ hour work week the alternate week, Management lets a lot of employee mistakes slide, Fast promotion (no training received) due to revolving door, Tickets to sporting events with work mates you wan't nothing to do with
This company is not for everyone
Dymon doesn't pay very well and, in my opinion, they don't value the employees. They do not have a proper HR system in place so being able to show your value is very subjective
Horrible experience ever.........
Not good place......staffs play politics ....District manager is also not good....dont know what is right and wrong and does very bad decisions...and supid. work.........horrible corporate .need to satisfy employers... ) would rate 0 star.........
Not good
Not good experience..Staffs are not welcoming . not friendly.........very rude.....not good place........i dont recommend........has a very very bad experience ..staffs ......
Put in your hours, go home & repeat.
It really depends on your position in the company, some are terrible and toxic and some are alright, just keep your expectations low as soon as u walk in the door, you might be promised the world but you will quickly figure out that things are completely different than how it was presented during orientation.
Dymon Is Trying!
Pros-
Several different ways to get Bonuses for pay.

fulltime employment on shift work so you do get more time off (13 hour days)

5 sick days, vacation time, and days owed for holidays worked.

Most managers are understanding and in the trenches with us.

Cons-

Bonuses are rarely consistent as the structure changes on a monthly basis

13 hour days and sometimes we are so understaffed we dont get breaks. or we get interrupted every 10 minutes.

You do everything! often times 13 hours does not feel like enough time to get the daily tasks done.

You see the clients often on some of the worst days they are having and we tend to get yelled at. (We are trained to do our best to turn these situations around)

Extremely competitive atmosphere that leads to some dirty tricks between shifts with regards to bonus.

Uniforms are pretty uncomfortable for doing physical labor.Invest in good inserts for your shoes!
Terribly Toxic Company - Avoid
Don’t waste your time with dymon. It has a ridiculous turnover rate at all levels of the company due to the terrible culture that’s been cultivated by Upper Management.

Store level staff are straight out lied to by Head Office staff and fired/removed if they voice complaints or non-conformist thoughts about the company.

Voices aren’t heard or requested from the lower level staff, as Upper Management makes no effort to hear what’s wrong with the company.

The hours are terrible, guaranteeing a terrible work life balance and your pay is dependent on whether Upper Management wants to give you real sales goals, or inflated goals so they don’t have to pay bonuses.

Even when bonus targets are achieved, often you have to fight to actually get paid what you earned.

They hire/fire/lay off so many staff for such a small company that they are constantly short staffed and moving people all around the city just to keep the lights on.

Dymon may look nice and shiny on the outside, but it’s a disaster within the company. Avoid this company at all costs.
Pros
Store level staff are good people in general.
Cons
Hours, pay, Upper Management, communication, HR (or lack of)
Don’t waste your time here.
Worked here for over 2 months, the job posting was very deceiving. I was a Sales Associate yet I spent 95% of my day cleaning. Was told in the training we would be making 1,200 after tax, yet my pay checks were farrrrre less. If I wanted to be a janitor I would have applied to a janitorial position. Very few sales to make, company is currently 95% full so most of your day is spent telling people we don’t have units available but we can put you on a wait list. You are working lonnnggg hours (13 hour shifts) and there is 2-3 staff at a store at a time so you can imagine the amount of work.

SKIP DYMON AND APPLY SOMEWHERE ELSE they fired me for no reason, told me I wasn’t a good ‘fit’ for the company. Yet all the feedback I’ve gotten from my manager, co workers and customers have been positive. Might be good for a temporary job , just don’t hold your breath they fire people like nobody’s business. 3 of my ex co workers I had training with also got let go this month

DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME ON DYMON
Pros
Cons
Horrible company
Dymon Promotes Employees
I have been promoted twice in 2 years. Lots of room to grow within the company. Great management team who allows you to work independently and as a team. Fast paced environment and lots of professional development.
Pros
Professional Development
Cons
Long Shifts
Applied a couple times -Not Enough wage.
Friendly staff. They don't always call you back when you apply. They also don't pay enough for certain positions. They honestly think they are. I would have worked there if they paid enough.
Pros
Friendly staff, professional looking, very clean sites, inside work in winter
Cons
Don't offer enough for experience.
Terrible corporate culture
There is no sense of comraderie here. Managers compete against each other to sell units and will sell yours out from underneath you. District managers micro manage and nobody is on the same page or consistent with training and expectations of staff. Managers from the same location will try to make your shift look bad if they are meeting their targets. Dymon has created an atmosphere of competition among people who are working towards the same goal and some managers take that competition too far. Very petty high school behaviour. It’s hard to be excited about working here with this atmosphere.
Pros
Lots of days off by working 13 hr shifts, ability to advance quickly (but you won’t want to)
Cons
Corporate culture, mind numbing tasks to do daily
High turn over rate, apply somewhere else
Don't apply to work for these people. They will entice you with a lot of bonuses but they aren't going to be numbers you can achieve on a regular basis. If you do hit them for months in a row they will change it mid month saying they made an error. Some months you don't get targets until the month is more then half over.
Don't expect any days off if you need them. Turn over rate is high due to the extreme work load and high expectations put on someone who is bairly making enough money to be able to afford their life.

They do not pay over time. They come up with creative ways to make you put in more time and not pay you for it
Pros
Cons
The whole job
Great coworkers
Even though the sales staff hated their management structure, on the moving side things were pretty good, despite a lack of training on policies.

Everybody got along.
Pros
Sometimes you get free stuff from clients who no longer wanted their furniture.
Cons
Lack of communication in management levels
Long hours, toxic environment
You will work long hours in a place that is toxic and not good for you
If you do too good at sales they increase your targets for bonuses

If you do poorly they leave your targets low

They give you an hour lunch during your 13hr day

Severely understaffed

Wouldn't recommend this to anyone
Pros
You could make min wage
Cons
You make min wage and have a hefty load if responsibilities
Fantastic place to work
Helping clients with our services is the number one priority. Every person who comes through the doors needs our help, and Dymon is the best place to help them. You work long hours but are given many days off in return.
Pros
Great staff, many days off, lots of bonuses to be earned
Cons
long hours, shift work
Spoke occasionally with staff when they would come down to get boxes
this is an isolated job
must work on your own

must learn to be in charge

need to meet a quota daily

clean pods and build boxes
Pros
short hours
Cons
isolated in basement