Dymon Storage

Working at Dymon Storage: Latest Dymon Storage Reviews

Canada60 reviews

targetshiftcleaningbonusstorelongsalemonth

could be better

not a terrible place to work at all,however more cons then pros. basically 3 jobs in one but the pay doesnt reflect that but longer hours so you work less days in general.

A Terrible Experience

I worked there for almost forgettable 2 years, with no raise, no promotion, no positive feedback, nothing but negativity from this company, management always had something to complain about, two years of my life were completely wasted working for this company. Don't apply unless it's a last resort.

Insights into Dymon Storage

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Stay Away!

The management cannot be trusted, they will tell how your doing great work but behind your back they're planning on firing you for little to no reason other than the fact that they don't like you.This is by far the most corrupt workplace i have ever worked in, the egos of the head office staff are unbearable, if u dont believe me, apply there, trust me you'll see for yourself this company is pure garbage.

Unique, rapidly growing business with a great team

Great company to be a part of with many opportunities to own areas of the business. Team members are supportive of each other and give guests a truly amazing experience.

Pros

Scheduling, profit sharing, beautiful facilities

great place to work :)

I've been with Dymon for close to two years now. I have had the opportunity not only to watch the company grow, but to grow with it myself. I work with great people & I love what I do. There is always something that needs to be done, therefore, the work does not become monotonous. The longer shifts give me more days off in the month which is wonderful. plus I'm off every second weekend, allowing for personal time. If you like working with peoples, and don't mind extra perks, Dymon is the place for you!

Experience at Dymon Storage

I have been working here for some time now. I am always supported by my shift managers and store manager. My shift managers were really good and supported towards me at every point. The store manager always stood up for the employees and I feel this job has taught me how to be patient in difficult situations.

Pros

Commissions

Cons

System should work better.

Overall a good place to work

I really liked the people I worked with. I liked the incentives the give you when you sell more. The schedule isn’t for everyone but worked well for me. The managers are getting better.

Pros

Co workers incentives

It's okay as a placeholder

The amount of tasks that have to be performed and completed daily vs the amount you get paid does not equal out. You are the facility custodian(cleaning bathrooms, retail, drive in bay, all 4-7 facility floors), the salesperson, the merchandiser, the leasing agent, and the receptionist. Shifts are 13 hours long during the week and in steel toes (which the company does cover but only approved styles are allowed). Staff are constantly calling out resulting in staff shortages and causing staff to work alone for 3-13 hours a day to manage an entire storage facility along with a retail store. Burnout is too real with this place. Management is all over the place and they don't do enough to make sure that their employees are happy. There is/was no HR department at the time of this review since they never replaced them when they left to work elsewhere. The only upside really is that you work closely with 1 or 2 other people (so you can develop close relationships with those you work with), the hours are consistent and the days on schedule don't change unless you switch to the other shift. Only reason why it's not a 1 star review.

Hope you have a good team

The team you work with will decide if you like the company or not. The higher up management doesn’t care about issues that occurs at the facilities regarding its staff.

Pros

Easy to get time off

Cons

13 hour shifts and always under staffed

Terrible company

An all around terrible experience. You WILL be let down many times. Horrible horrible upper management that will not listen to employee struggles or input.

Pros

some good store staff

Cons

upper management, lack of employee morale and care, no raises in almost 4 years, large turnover, short staffed, impractical uniforms

Greedy Company.

They want you to break your back to make them an extra 5 cents. Base pay is as low as it can be with the promise of more money to hit sales targets that are unattainable. The shifts are 13 hours long unless you're working the 9 hour weekend shifts (twice a month). Management can be very condescending and this likely stems from them also having half their paycheck locked behind an unattainable target.Here you can learn how to work yourself silly and go broke at the same time.

Pros

Nice Christmas parties.

Cons

A lack of care, humanity and respect from upper management.

Good company

Has many pros and cons that might not fit everyone’s style but they are flexible and understanding with employees needs on all employment levels. A solid company.

Pros

Benefits, lots of hours

Cons

Long shifts

Long hours and average pay

This job has you working 13 hour shifts and working weekends every 2nd week. You work 7 out of 14 days because of the longer shifts though. Its about 41 hours a week avg. The upper management were ok to deal with and the co-workers were great. They have trouble keeping staff probably due to lower salary. This is not hourly by the way. You work holidays but get a day owed and are paid time and a half.A lot of time shifts are understaffed so expect to be busy.If there are hardware or software issues the IT support guys are really good. It was a good experience overall but there are better paying jobs out there for the same type of work.

Pros

Co-workers and Xmas party

Cons

Long hours and underpaid

Horrible management.

This job is hard by it self moving heavy furniture, combined with management who has no clue of managing people and an egotistic attitude. Tries hard to not pay overtime, and sends you home for days as a substitute to not pay.

Pros

You meet great people in the process

Cons

Long hours, no overtime, wants you to wash truck, management ia clueless.

Stagnant workplace

Asides from my co-workers who were amazing, there is nothing really good about this place. Always severely understaffed, yet they want you to carry the entire place on your back with zero appreciation. Zero growth, no pay increase, no promotion. Upper management keeps telling you to hit unrealistic targets to make extra money. They tell lies upon lies and it never stops! Oh and the hours! 13hr days with more days off (on your days of your back and feet are sore because they work you to the bones, so its useless and counterproductive) company is so cheap, they assign store associate with pretty much every thing from admin work to cleaning to merchandizing a massive retail floor to selling storage units and more while still achieving your targets😂 Save your mental health for some place else.

Pros

Amazing co-workers

Cons

Ridiculously long hours, Upper management

good people, bad environment

Guaranteed hours, which is nice. The staff make the job, I think everyone who works here can agree. Aside from a select few who are incredibly toxic. Everything else is bad. Long hours, humiliating uniform that makes working your job harder. Seriously if they changed the uniform, it would solve at least a third of their issues. We do heavy lifting, heavy duty cleaning as well as customer service. How are we supposed to look presentable to the public while wearing a 3 piece suit straight out of the 70’s after putting away hundreds and hundreds of heavy boxes or after scrubbing a toilet and mopping the entire drive through? Next, the pay. Everyone says they haven’t received a pay raise in 3+ years? I’m new-ish, so this doesn’t effect me but that doesn’t sound right to me. Pay your staff a fair wage and they’ll be more loyal. I’m sure of it.Anyways that’s just my two cents here.I’m happy in my role as customer service bellhop cleaner custodian and maintenance man but a lot of the other people working here are not. Hours are hours I suppose, but come on guys, how many LONG TERM staff have you lost in the last two months? You gotta meet people half way.

Pros

most of the staff are friendly

Cons

Everything else

Avoid this company

Company overworks their employees, offers no overtime(you get banked time instead), expects you to be on-call 24\7 without on-call pay. Working here during Covid was a nightmare, I had to beg management to keep their masks on around me. I learned a lot here, I gained some great experience, but I regret ever accepting their offer letter.

Pros

It was a job

Cons

Management, Owners, Work

Oh boy...

Here's my review attempting to remain objective. I had the chance to work with all departments and locations Top down. Good product and overall concept. Store associates seem to be a mixed bag in terms of satisfaction etc. They are generally good people. Yes, long hours and multitasking are part of the job but might be a good way to build experience... However, If you are considering a position working with the corporate office THINK TWICE. You are not allowed to comment on process in attempt to improve it, in fact you will be targeted, zero collaboration, communication or respect for employees. VP's have created a culture of fear, silence, politics in attempts to save face to ownership. Nasty environment to work in, save yourself the trouble, hang in there and find something else.

Pros

Product

29 July 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We would really like to learn more details about your time at DYMON and how we could've improved your experience. At DYMON, the employee experience is of the utmost importance to us, so please reach out if you wish to discuss in more detail.

Not a good experience

The work is very fast paced and the company has a very high turnover as the employees are over worked.13 hour shifts in steel toes and 2-3 employees handle a 500,000 square feet facility. Tasks involved are majorly cleaning, selling units, stocking, merch. Cleaning is a big part of the job.Coworkers were good.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

13 hour shifts

7 July 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Our hours are designed to increase flexibility in this role between two shifts. We appreciate your feedback and would love to learn more about your experience and how we can improve. Please reach out if you wish to discuss.

Status Quo

Trucking department can be fun but with low pay.Benefits are nice as most moving companies do not offer these packages.Salary plus overtime is a plus but the salary is very low compared to other moving jobs in the area.It is a nice place to work but the promise of pay raises brings the group moral down daily.No group raises for the last few years yet more and more work added on.Promises of raises continue to happen but managers keep extending the rope you need to climb to get them.Money does not solve all problems but it does solve a good bunch

Pros

salary job

Cons

lack of leadership from way up, no raises

7 July 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. After doing extensive evaluation of our packages in comparison to other employers in the area as well as our industry, we find that our compensation and benefits are fair. We appreciate your input though and the time you took to fill out this review.

Fun place to work but low salary/minimal opportunity for growth

Good job if your looking for something temporary. Staff is suuuper chill and fun! Managers are pretty laid back to and help train u to make sure u know what your doing. Associates are the hardest working people in the company its a shame they don't get paid more. You'll get good work experience at this job use it as a spring board to advance your career. Job security is stressful if your not hitting targets you feel disposable

Pros

Fun staff, store managers are laid back

Cons

Low salary, long hours, high turnover rate

18 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. After doing extensive evaluation of our packages in comparison to other employers in the area as well as our industry, we find that our compensation and benefits are fair. However, we would love to learn more details about your experience and how we can improve. Please reach out if you wish to discuss.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dymon Storage. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement