Dye & Durham

Dye & Durham Employee Reviews in New Westminster, BC

There are two parts to this professional. Calling recipients and serving the documents. It can be trying at times to locate individuals and completing the work as people work various hours and also avoid being contacted. You become a real "people person" as you have to deal with many different personalities, some not so kind and still remain composed and professional. There isn't much interaction with colleagues at the office as i'm on the road the majority of the time and work independently. When ever I am there or need assistance my supervisor is always available to help. The hours as I said are flexible, but, you still have to keep yourself motivated and diligent to completed and serve as many documents as possible. A thick skin is also required at times but for the most it is an enjoyable job as long as you have the right attitude.
Pros
Flexible hours, good management
Cons
Paid for served documents not by hour
It was a great job to do until I had to go off on a medical thing. I just started my 29 year with Dye & Durham. It was a great job to do. They told me that my job would when I came back being off my medical leave.
Pros
They treat me great to the end
Really enjoyed working with the team. My manager was very easy to work with. It was a great experience from the point of applying!
A typical day at work would be speaking to lawyers, filing, and obtaining information that are urgently required. I have learned that there is more to filing and starting a litigation matter. Management is great, we are always provided with incentives, and there is always a celebration regardless if it is a birthday or celebrating the many years of service a colleague has dedicated to this company. The hardest part of the job, being unable to successfully track down information legal professionals require, if documents or information is unavailable. Most enjoyable part of the job is the gratitude you are presented when a job is well done.
They want to get rid of anyone who has worked there for a long time so they don't have to pay higher wages.