Dyand Mechanical Systems Inc Employee Reviews

A great place with a great atmosphere for everyone
Warranty/Claims Clerk, Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 May 2019
In a typical day, I read and reply to emails, I sort through the paperwork that was handed in the day before and place the new claims with the different manufacturers, some are online and others are on claim forms and emailed in to the representative. During the receptionists' lunch hour, I cover the phones and assist any customers that come into the showroom. I worked in multiple positions during my time with this company and each position allowed me to learn new systems and processes. The culture here is very family oriented, everyone is there to help if you need it. I have worked with some of the employees since I started and they have become great coworkers and friends. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people that I work with and dealing with the warranty representatives at the manufacturers. The hardest part of my job is the lag time between placing the claim and receiving the parts from the manufacturer.
Used to be good
Installer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 January 2017
When I started with Dyand it was a great place to work. We had golf tournaments and christmas parties, the staff was great and upper management was very involved with the staff. Over the past few years things have drastically declined, the golf tournament was cancelled and then the Christmas party. The office staff is overpaid and there are far too many of them for it to even make sense. All installers took a pay cut to "get more contracts" but new contracts never came and it got to the point that installers could barely get by on what they were making. It went from a great company that cared about their employees to a company that put their bottom line first. I would recommend anywhere but here.
Pros
None anymore
Cons
Uncaring management, no perks to speak of, lobg hours not enough pay, not enough work to get by, failing company due to constant "restructuring of management"
Overall good people to work with. Management prioritizes family and friends over skilled and veteran employees.
Sheet Metal Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 June 2016
Installing snap-lock pipe can get repetitive but just mention you would like to learn something new and these people will try their best to make it happen. Typical 8 hour work day Mon-Fri and overtime available when busy but is paid in banked hours only.

Physically demanding job sometimes but it's nice to see your work complete and looking good.
Pros
decent hours and benefits.
Cons
May get laid off even though you are skilled and valuable.
Great Company over-reliant on oil sands revenue.
Refrigeration Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 January 2016
Dyand was a great company to work for. I'm only sorry that their client base was not more diversified. Highly recommended.
Friendly and fast paced
Collection Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 October 2015
Fun and friendly environment to work for the most part. fast environment within the accounting department. Staff members were helpful and friendly. Most enjoyable part of my job was the collections of accounts that were old and outstanding (pulling all files and back up for quicker payment to the larger companies)
Pros
Pancake breakfasts
Cons
Stressful
No room for advancement. Way too much drama. No respectability. Horrific paperwork
Assistant Controller (Former Employee) –  Edmonton2 April 2015
Management was way too confusing. Too much gossiping. No loyalty. No rewards for job well done. Told many times "we pay employees very well". I left after 5.5 years and got a job for $20,000 more and succeeded in the position
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 October 2014
I did a lot of invoicing and it was fast paced and had to meet month-end deadlines
Pros
Staff was great
residential construction
HVAC Installer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 April 2013
you would go in in the morning get a job and load your truck. this included: pipe, a job box with all fitting, thermopan, pvc pipe and a furnace. You would get to your job site and install all heating boots and pipe to second floor and stub them into the basement, install bathroom fans, all hoods needed for fresh air and exhaust and then you would hang and vent the furnace. furnaces ranged from 60,000 btuh - 120,000 btuh. you would do this all by yourself in one day. The bosses were easy to get along with and if you had any questions when on the job you could call and get the info required.
Pros
working by yourself and if your an apprentice it is good pay, if you can get a house done a day. pay ranged from 361-550 a house.
Cons
long work days and sometimes had to come in on weekends, if you made a mistake you have to go fix it for no pay.