DXP | HSE Integrated Ltd.
Happiness score is 35 out of 100

DXP | HSE Integrated Ltd. Pay & benefits reviews

Canada160 reviews

Clear
2.9Pay & benefits

Fun place to work a few turns

Safety watch position is easy to learn. If you get on a good crew it can be a pretty fun job. Mostly busy during turnaround seasons, they don't keep too many people on full time throughout the year.

Best job

Overall 5 star!!! Managers are super nice! Competitive wages, overtime pay, supportive managers and supervisor. You can rely on colleagues, flexible time.

Insights into DXP | HSE Integrated Ltd.

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things

Always hiring yet current employees sit at home slowly going broke

Most problems with this company all stem from head office management, not so much each individual office. Any employee is considered easily replaceable. And in result of that, nobody is kept busy working because once you’re gone they can always just replace you. pay is poor, morale is low, and communication or lack there of is poor as well. Incompetent and lazy employees are kept around just in case there is a job to fill. Pay cuts are given without being notified. Benefits are poor, that is when you actually have them. May sit around for weeks with no work and not a phone call but when that call finally comes in you’re expected to drop what your doing and go. Local station management staff were typically fair to deal with. This job relies heavily on oil and gas industry and it’s economy, so when the industry isn’t busy neither will you be. This can’t be controlled by HSE but they also make no attempt to keep their employees working through these times. Just layoffs instead. Would not recommend working here.

Pros

A good way to learn about the industry

Cons

Inconsistency of work, low pay, too many “managers” just collecting an undeserved salary

Great job for someone who doesn’t mind being away from home

If you don’t mind being away from home for months at a time then this is the perfect job for you. They hire you as a “casual employee” and never allow you to work your way up to part time or full time but expect you to work 24 days straight, give you a “refresh” day and then start working all over again. For being in a position that manages the complete safety of other workers you would expect to make more money hourly. You make a lot of money over time but in return you give up your social and family life.

Pros

Free training

Cons

Never home. Pay sucks. Management sucks.

No room to grow, and pay is awful

Head management is awful, they run everything like they pick a recommendation out of a fishbowl. They wonder why so many people leave... Maybe it's the poor management, employee harassment, or the extremely low pay they give you with no raises while they profit off of you... Even if you worked there for years. Very hard to keep morale up while working for this company. There's good employees there who are good at their job, it's a shame that they don't pay them what they're worth. Try to avoid this dumpster fire and go to the other local companies that will pay you more off the hop.

Pros

Good co-workers

Cons

Poor pay, bad management, cheap

Poor Raise Structure

There was not a good system set up to receive pay raises, they were "group" raises - ie. All medics received a day rate increase. I was told there were no individual raises to be given, which made it frustrating when a brand new hire who was fresh to the job was making the same as employees who had been with the company for many years. It made for low incentive.

Productive, fun people to work with

The pay reflects the type of work that is required of their employees. The volatility of the industry is one thing that I did not find attractive; it was tough being uncertain of knowing where / if you would continue working once a job ended. There were also many times you would be told work would last 2 weeks, and would only turn out to be a 3-day job. Overall, the people are fun to work with, but understand that there are politics and people undermining others to reap the benefit of remaining on more steady gigs than others, if that's what it took. I'd recommend working here if you have something else on the side, because the work just isn't stable. Benefits can also be looked at being introduced for field employees.

Goal Oriented and Fair at the same time

Working there was good, good people, good support when you needed it and when the work was there, lots of hours. As a Safety Rep, the work was touch and go but when I worked the money was awesome. As is the case with any Oilfield/Construction work, the Customer can promise all kinds of work, but if something changes, you're out of the site and sitting, but that is not HSE's fault. If you want to work and don't mind a few off days or even a week or two, go for it!

Good training

Good training for starting out in Oil and Gas sector. Must be able to stand for long periods of time, must have good observational skills. Alot of work is out of town, away from home. But accommodations were fantastic.

Outdated rescue equipment, faulty vehicles, low pay

Terrible place to work, not treated humanely, no proper respiratory protection for safety watches, no basic ppe provision, no benefits health, no holiday pay, no room to grow...they use you until you start asking questions about being short pay.

Pros

Lots of drug addicted leads

Cons

Race biased environment

oil field work

I worked in grande prairie, so that's a good place to start. oil field work sucks your life away, put it pays well if you want to live in the bush for weeks

You will never advance.

I have been with this company for a 5 years now, I was promised a raise after 3 months and I have still yet to receive one. Management is a joke. If you like working at $1 over min wage then this is the job for you! I keep my name on the list simply for the plant turn around during break up.

Pros

Other employees can be nice

Cons

Lowest pay in the industry

Terrible moral

Management and leaders have no concept of understanding compassion Always use people and take advantage Wages are the worst in Fort McMurray Payroll keeps changing dates Management always complaining how broke they all are No raise in 4 years So broke they can go on Hawaiian holidays to play golf

Cons

Good atmosphere; Nice people around; you are a professional not just an employee.

I compared seven different Hse's competitors to eventually realize that HSE Integrated is the best company to work for in Health and Safety industry. They do their best to always make me proud to wear hse coverall😎. Dispatch does not put stress on you about your schedule. There is always some projects to keep you busy. Keep it up guys!!!

Pros

Good management; good pay.

Cons

None compare to competitors

Lots of challenge & good opportunities

I've been with HSE since last summer, and I've found that while there is lots of travel, the pay if good and I've ended up taking a bunch of additional training. I really enjoyed the high angle rescue training, and am working with a great group of people.

Pros

Rescue training, good wages

Cons

Long hours, short notice

fun worplace

unstable job with no benefits, poor management, work schedules vary from month to month training is free, except first aid and h2s. no room for advancemet

Pros

good money

Productive and fun workplace

Very remote places for work but overall good pay and relatively nice environment. Learn lots of practice and procedures. Management was not bad but mostly absent. Safety culture was okay. Long hours Training was fun

Inconsistent but high paying.

Good pay but is so poorly managed and work is so inconstant. you'll work for 2 weeks straight then get nothing for 2 months. work is all across AB,Sk and BC. so if you wanna sleep in your own bed with your family not take this job. if you're a single guy who just wants money its a good one.

Pros

high pay

Cons

inconsistent work. (2 weeks straight then nothing for two months)

Empty Promises

Things were great at the beginning when I was hired as the training administrator. I loved the interaction with the public. Our training coordinator was very lazy so I was thankful when she left the company eventually for another opportunity. When they finally posted for the coordinator position, I was pressured from the Station Manager to apply. So I did. I wasnt happy that it was for close to the same pay as I was getting for the admin position. Additional hours were expected as well as being on call every evening and on weekends. The Station Manager heard my apprehension but told me he would do a review in 3 months and go up to bat for me to get a raise. Nope.... didnt happen. I loved my job and the instructors I worked with but HSE, empty promises. I know I did an amazing job as the Coordinator of the training department but within a short time they decided to lay me off. The training dept went down the toilet and from what I know now, even after a move to Red Deer, that dept is still not functional. I met some amazing people while working at HSE but as a company to work for, I'd be cautious. They make promises but do not follow through and you seldom feel appreciated.

Pros

Customer Interaction

Cons

Long hrs expected with no appreciation

Worked with some experienced Safety professionals

HSE was an ok company. One thing I learnt from there was working together and watching each others back. The safety culture was ok and can be improved.

Pros

Free breakfast

Cons

Pay stub issues

Potentially well paying with unstable hours

As a sub contractor the company is subject to the severe market fluctuations that occur in the energy and construction fields. When they were working, we were working and when they shut down we were off with no idea how long until we would be back on the job.

Pros

good money

Cons

unpredictable work schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DXP | HSE Integrated Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare DXP | HSE Integrated Ltd. with

• DXP | HSE Integrated Ltd.
  • Pay & benefits