Dusano Employee Reviews

The Worst Run Company I've ever experienced
Construction Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 April 2019
Company seems to do alright with their service division, the renovation side is a whole other story...

Top down negative effect with this company. Management doesn't have a clue what they are doing, little to no construction experience.

The deadlines that are set for units are unachievable so the work environment becomes absolutely chaotic. Upper management is too ignorant to understand this so the workers get blamed and eventually many workers are cut.

Don't expect to keep your job longer than 90 days, Dusano doesn't want you to work long enough to reach your benefit package. The company goes through employees faster than snack food at a diet program meeting. I saw many really good trade people get laid off for no apparent reason.

Owners and upper management are cheap and unexperienced. As most people in the const industry know, you need to spend money to get the right materials and enough to do the job effectively. Dusano struggles with this, workers are often left standing around because there is a constant battle in their management world to provide you with what you need to do your job. And yes, this will be viewed as your fault.

Company expects you to provide all the tools. This was the first company I've ever seen that expected you to provide tools like compressors, chop saws and table saws for their benefit without the proper compensation.

Dusano does not pay overtime but expects long hours out of you. This is illegal.

Stay away!!
Pros
Service division and working inside during winter
Cons
Too many to list
Mickey Mouse work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 March 2019
Probably the worst ran company Iv ever worked at, employees stealing hours, management is absolutely terrible, no safety culture what so ever, super slack some days and super busy other days, don’t pay overtime, mangers don’t know anything about construction. Sub contractors working alongside employees. Seriously, if I could leave 0 stars I would.
Pros
Pay, easy work
Cons
Everyone and everything except pay
Over extened
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 February 2019
They have simply over extended their ability to provide the services that they have bid on. They lose money everyday. In a very short period of time everyone I reported to was either let go or quit. They also have no safety culture, and do not pay overtime. I do hope they turn it around as the people in the trenches are good people, as well as the local managers. Watching them lose money on each and every project that is not Mechanical related is a little disheartning
Pros
Cons
no structure, no planning, no overtime
New employees beware!
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2019
Was hired as a finish carpenter. But put into various roles by poor management. When hired was promised long term employment and stability. 4 weeks into employment i and 18 others wete laid off. never getting a chance to do what I was hired for.managment is a joke! 20 years in the business never seen anything like it.
Pros
False promises
Cons
Worst place to work in Edmonton, maybe Canada, as far as service companies are concerned
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 January 2019
These guys have no idea what they are doing. They call themselves a service company however they have their heads to far up the renovations division, that they completely disregard to service side. They decided to hire an HVAC journeyman to manage and do quotes for the plumbing division. They have more managers than employees and all of them have no idea what to do other than pass the buck and collect a cheque.

Great place to work if you’re interested in working for a weld inspector and an accountant whom have no idea how to run a company, yet believe they know it all, and have all the answers.
Pros
If you’re a family member of one of the managers you get a job and a brand new truck
Cons
You can’t fit a stick of pipe in the work vans..
Fast paced, exciting work
Mechanical Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 November 2018
Recently joined this company approximately one month ago, it's definitely best company I have ever worked for! They do not burden you with people looking over top of your shoulder, they give you the tools to succeed.
Pros
Full Time Hours, Helpfull employees
Great growing company
City Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 November 2018
A great growing company to work for! If you are looking for a company that will treat you right, see your potential and encourage you to grow, Dusano is that company. A great supportive team and a CEO who pushes each individual to grow in their role and grow within the company.
Great company been here a month so far everyone gets along great and works as a team
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 November 2018
Great company good team work and no one throws anyone under the bus .
In town work .
The hours are as many as you can work
Management is never hounding you to bad
Pros
Lots of hours and pay
Cons
Miscommunication from management sometimes
Not good
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 October 2018
I would recommend that anyone with half a brain avoid this place. They don’t pay on time and they make you use your personal phone for work. Rediculous
Cons
An automotive mechanic who has no idea about construction mechanical runs the show
Dusano is a productive and fun workplace that includes a small gym and showers if I feel like getting a workout in before or after my day.
Jr. Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary6 February 2018
I enjoy getting up everyday to come to work......well most days!
We all have good and bad days don't we??

I am in a management roll and I continue to learn something everyday.

The hardest part of my job is sometimes not having enough employees in an asap environment call out, but at the end of the day with the team that I work with, we get the job done.
Pros
Benefits, a great production team, fast paced as the day goes by quickly
Cons
Sometimes work is so busy I don't stop for lunch-eat on the go