DURHAM REGIONAL POLICE SERVICE Employee Reviews

No Comment
9-1-1 Communicator (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON21 September 2018
Trainers there were horrible. The job had potential to be very rewarding, however, the culture there was extremely toxic. I would not recommend it to anyone looking to develop their career.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Toxic Environment
Positive vibes from the workplace and great people to work with
Youth in policing Summer Student employment (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON16 December 2017
The job was worth doing, a lot of great experiences and we did many activities. The people and the supervisors were very open to suggestions and were understanding. Overall the job was impressive
Pros
Good pay, nice people and good hours
Cons
issues in payroll
Exciting job. Look forward to going into work every day.
Technical Services Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON6 November 2017
Very exciting workplace. I look forward to going to work every day. The people I work with are wonderful. Constantly learning new and exciting things.
Pros
Exciting, pays well
Cons
Contract
Good benefits and salary
Frontline Uniform Officer (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON26 September 2017
Policing provides the potential recruit with a good salary and good benefits. Job advancement is possible through hard work and there are many different jobs available within the policing field.
No comment
Constable (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON3 September 2017
Failing leadership. Policies are driven by what is best for the leader versus best for the people we service and those serving
Management FAILS to practice what they preach.
Nepotism is stronger than ever. One MUST be apart of the "in crowd/chosen few" to progress
Great Organization to Work For!
Communicator (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON10 August 2017
Durham Regional Poilce Service provides their employees with great training, supports their growth and has a great teamwork atmosphere. The company has great leaders and strives to provide transparency in their goals.
Workplace of leadership activities and teamwork
Youth in Policing Student (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON25 May 2017
Typically, the day would start with leadership activities as a group and presentations from the policing community to advance our knowledge about the policing field of work. I learned the requirements to confidently establish myself as a leader and what it takes to be a good team member. There was good management mostly by students themselves and some police officers. The workplace culture was diverse. The hardest part of this job was being confident in public speaking. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people and doing activities with the community.
Pros
leadership training
Cons
long presenations
Great time
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON30 January 2017
Working with Durham Regional Police as a summer student was amazing. it gave me the knowledge and confidence to lead and to work and succeed in a group setting and allowed me to learn and grow as an individual
work with the community's youth
To assist the running of everyday programing (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON29 March 2014
-assist with a variety of topics with youth of Durham Region
-learn every time I volunteer