Durham Mental Health Services

Durham Mental Health Services Employee Reviews

Canada3 reviews
Horrible workplace
Management, especially HR is horrible to work with.
Staff are lazy and there is no moving up in the company. Don’t waste your time. So much drama between staff members every time someone left the office they would talk behind their back..

Toxic.
Pros
Constant work
Cons
Toxic HR and management, lazy staff, no moving up, and staff talking behind each other’s back
Mostly postive experiences working here
Personally I can say I so far had a positive experience working here, management I dealt with were supportive of the union.

I was able to move between several jobs over the past years.

HR was kind enough to give me feedback on areas to improve

The union itself is not the best, they don't respond to emails, and do meetings at times that only work for people who are 9 to 5, Monday to Friday.

PS: I purposely didn't specify where I work exactly
Pros
Benefits, supportive manager, CEO aware of things that happen with frontline staff
Cons
Union are disfunctional and are disconnected
great clients and staff, horrible management
Management is very anti-union.
Workloads, job descriptions, changed and steadily increased, though pay did not.

Management is very focused on appearance, ego and funding. Resulting in cuts and drastically affecting the client services and the quality of the services as staff were spread thinner and thinner, and work loads continued to grow. It did not foster a good feeling of staff appreciation.

The front line staff are amazing caring qualified people, who are spread too thin.

The hardest part of the job should have been the clients, and unfortunately the hardest part was management, they consistently made things harder and more complicated then they needed to be.

the most enjoyable part other then the unionized staff, were by far the people you helped support and work with. They are the reason you do the work you do.

Though the pay, and majority of staff and clients were great people, not worth the frustration of dealing with extremely arrogant management team long term.

Some managers seemed decent, but ultimately they fell inline with the management team, which, as a whole was toxic.
Pros
wonderful clients and front line staff
Cons
Toxic management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Durham Mental Health Services?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Durham Mental Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7