Durham College

Durham College Employee Reviews

Canada119 reviews
Great place to work with tons of opportunity. Well organized and planned out courseware. Great energy in the building as everyone truly wants to learn.
Cons
Part Time and Contract work
I did a field placement here for Durham College. A typical day was filing all day. Management was great. Workplace culture was not the best but it also was not the worst. I learned a lot while doing my placement here.
It's not the worst place to work at, but the students who come in are incredibly egotistical, pretentious, and entitled. The rules are never followed, and you often have to write up students over the dumbest rules. The boss however was very friendly and overall good to work for.
Pro:
Good job for students, the staff is very friendly and always ready to help.

Con:

The college allows you to work only 12 hours a week, it would be better if it could be increased to at least 20.
Great for student who want to earn some money, but not having to worry about taking time away from school work and family life. Would recommend to students.
Durham College values its employees and creates a safe environment to thrive, which translates into student success. The college supports its staff to pursue professional development.
A place where you can learn the skills you need to be successful in the workforce despite any exceptionailities you may have. It was a fun place to work and i learned a lot from my collegues.
- No support from management
- Clear divide between union and non-union employees. This is encouraged by behaviors and employee structure

- Management schemed to remove me from my position as they were not the regime that hired me

- I left on my own
It gave me the necessary skills required to venture into corporate sector. Workplace is very collaborative, casual and unfortunately not well managed anymore.
A typical workday for me is relaxing, as a part-time online instructor, I work anywhere as long as I have access to an internet connection. I am in control of my time.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
non
AI Hub space is designed exceptionally well. The surrounding is refreshing and filled with qualified PI's and intelligent students who want to have a future in IT field. The best part is that everyone is there to help whenever we need and the working hours are really flexible.
I love teaching at Durham College. My supervisors and fellow faculty are great people who are open to collaboration. Instructors help each other. Great morale.
The manager is very friendly and helps the employee in each problem. Doesn’t get mad on a mistake and instead teaches how to solve a problem. Also understand if the employee is facing an issue.
Fun place to teach and learn. Great support staff. The program content is timely and effective. It is a pleasure to teach and work with the students.
Great company and supportive staff. Respect, great relationship. Great experience. Collaborative. Relaxed. A lot of support. Training and improvement.
Supportive faculty who strive to ensure consistency in curriculum. Wonderful opportunity to be with the future of our nursing profession ensuring competency, compassion and critical thinking.
Amazing time. Before the people I worked with walked off the job. Alot has changed in this place in the last year. It use to be outstanding to work there
Enjoyed every second spent working in the Communications Department. Although was just a student placement position, other students working in the department after school shows they care.
In terms of work study jobs, best you can get for Nursing. You can spend your free time when not tutoring practicing with lab equipment. It helped my grades a lot.
Inclusive and expansive organization that is progressive in technology and student engagement. Highly recommended academic and personal interest programs for every level of student engagement.
Solid work environment. Helpful staff. Flexible scheduling. The college encourages life time learning and career development. Plenty of on campus resources to assist with teaching