DuraLine Employee Reviews

good working conditions
Machinist (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FL6 February 2018
In most categories Duraline is a good place to work. All my coworkers at Duraline (that I knew of) agreed they liked working there. The only complaint is that the pay is low.
Calm and productive place to work
Assembly line operator (Former Employee) –  Sandersville, GA24 January 2018
DuraLine is not a hard job at all in fact most of the time it's calm and steady work. They are big on safety and production as well as customer satisfaction. I can say my experience at DuraLine was pretty much great.
Good Place to work
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TN23 January 2018
I enjoy working there the staff are very fair and not a lot of drama. I have never had any major problems in all the years I have been there and would recommend it to anyone
Was a good and easy place to work at
Factory Laborer (Former Employee) –  Middlesboro, KY6 December 2017
A typical day at work was sometimes slow and sometimes was fast pace it all came down to how many orders was out and I learned to drive a forklift and the people that I worked with was some of my friends
Pros
The people that I worked with
Cons
Breaks while you are still working
Working at Duraline
Tape Operator (Current Employee) –  North Salt Lake, UT16 November 2017
Come in on time, or else you will be pointed. Points add up, they take attendance seriously. Work is slow paced in the Tape Department, but there is always something to do. The culture is very lax, and casual, uniforms are being implemented.

Hardest part of my job is the 12 hours a day duration with minimal physical activity.
Fast Moving
A+ Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Mountain Grove, MO14 November 2017
Learned new things daily
very hard work 12 hour days
learned how to drive a forklift
very dirty work
fun people to work with
learned how to use power tools
Pros
Bosses were awesome
Cons
No Lunch hour
Extrusion Operator (Former Employee) –  Clinton, TN1 November 2017
Fun place to work. Good people. Good benefits and 401 k placement. Pipe manufacturing for video and cable placement. Extremely important role for future of cable.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
No chance for advancement
It was more of the Warehouse type of Facility
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Sandersville, GA31 October 2017
It’s a great place to work if you like the steady pace work. It’s not a real hard job. They train you well when it’s something they want you to do that requires training. Overall a pretty nice job.
Pros
30-45 minute lunch
Cons
You have two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch
Fast-paced, fun, and sometimes stressful.
Technician (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OK24 July 2017
I loved working here. Although, it was hard driving a hour to work working 12 or 14 hours in the heat and then driving home because you had no time to do anything. I worked from 7am to 7pm usually. I made some great friends and my old boss is now like my dad.
Pros
good benefits, decent pay.
Cons
No life outside work. Managers are rude. No breaks.
Great company
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX8 June 2017
Duraline was a great company. It was my first job in the extrusion field. I learned a lot from the team. I have carried the knowledge from Duraline everywhere
Productive workplace
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sandersville, GA14 January 2017
A typical day at work was very hot inside of the warehouse. I learned the difference between a telephone line pipe and a regular pipe. The managers were fair and easy going.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
It was a good place to work at
Downstream Operator (Former Employee) –  Sandersville, GA6 January 2017
I learned a lot at this work place. I resign from this work place because I had got a better job. I enjoyed working at this job.
Company Shutdown
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, TX28 December 2016
The one I worked for the plant shut down 6 months after I started. The plant manager had his hands tied as the plant was going down. Pay was great if I didn't drive 2 1/2 hrs to go back to my family.
Pros
money
Cons
long drive, long hours
Great Place
Desktop Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Goa18 December 2016
Learned a lot at initial stage of work life as there was awesome atmosphere of work.
Encouraging co-workres making work simpler and fun.
Good company plagued by bad management
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, TX10 December 2016
Good place to work with overtime opportunities. Don't expect to move up much. Good hours and schedule, some of the best insurance coverage anywhere.

The biggest problem is the place is plagued with horrible, ludicrous management decisions. Such as "gee, instead of leaving a line dedicated to yellow and a line dedicated to black, let's remove one line and run black, yellow, black, yellow." Stupid scheduling causes HUGE amounts of scrap due to contamination. Run all of one color before switching. SCHEDULING IS AWFUL.

Coworkers are nice and helpful. There is just a sense of doom due to the inexperienced management. The company requires a bachelor's degree for managers, but it seems like most have a BA in theater arts or some similar useless field.
Pros
Good insurance, usually good hours with overtime
Cons
poor management with no pipe making experience
machine operation
Downstream Technician (Former Employee) –  North Salt Lake, UT30 September 2016
This job requires a technical, objective, mindset, as well as good cardio and strength. i worked 12 hour graves, constantly running around calibrating and fixing machinery, as well as training all new employees, which helped me develop strong discipline in the work place, as well as the ability to grasp concepts as appose to learning only the steps to complete tasks. We worked in small crews, which helped me develop good team work skills.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long shifts
Reception/Creditors/Sales
Assistant Financial Manager / Debtors Clerk (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng14 June 2016
Start cleaning up reception. Sending out messages. Follow up on who is in the office and who not. Get the minutes ready.
Pros
Getting all done at one day
Cons
Getting sales to sell paint
good work out type of job
line worker (Former Employee) –  Sandersville, GA13 April 2016
it was a pretty good job it could get hard but u just had to learn how to keep your pipe on your line running good the hardest part was if your line goes down
Pros
good work out
Cons
if lines shuts down
Fast Past long hours, very poor management.
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NV23 February 2016
Day to day as a Line Operator the work load can be overwhelming to underwhelming which is dependent on the prior shifts workload. The training method is similar to tossing someone into a pool and hoping that they will swim. Management, in all their wisdom, decided to increase the wages of every position minus the Line Operators. The line operators are held accountable for up to 3 to 4 different employees along with 2 to 3 machines(lines). If a downstream operator makes a mistake the Line Operator will be held accountable, if the upstream makes a mistake, the Line Operator will be held accountable, but the kicker is that management has come in and undermined any authority that the line operator would have had. So there are no consequences for the other positions.
Duraline as a whole is a crooked, greedy business that will not pay their employees fair wages, or even invest money into the equipment. For example one of our lines drives in the electrical panel is being held together by ducktape. So when the line fails, they just stick more tape on it and call it good. The maintenance at the plant is also horrible, do to lack of funding. We have to swap out pumps from line to line in order to keep them running, or use pliers to turn a speed pot on the extruder. The job would be fine if the company would show some appreciation for their employees and fix the equipment. Also no lunch breaks or regular breaks for line operators. Do to management not caring to fix productions chain of command. The best part of this job is the schedule 7 days of wokr in a 2 week period.
Pros
It puts food on the table, and the work schedule is alright.
Cons
Poor managment, high stress for $14.50 and hour, Very poor managment
Good working with friends
Lead Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, TX16 August 2015
Easy to lead people that are your friends as well as co workers. Great pay to be able to do what you love. Always overtime a plus.
Pros
Insurance