Durabuilt Windows & Doors

Durabuilt Windows & Doors Employee Reviews

Canada20 reviews
If your white, your their slave
Don't think ahead, just do what you are told to. They want you to do more but won't pay you extra.
No raises!!!

Management:

"THE COMPANY HAS NO MONEY"
Work summary
It is a good a company.I learned a lot about several areas of windows and door making.I worked different sections including CNC operated machines.This company has better work culture.
Full of problems
People like gurmeet sodhi who lately got fired ..fired people unnecessarily ..and abuse employees ..even the management never taken any action when i complained ..dont expect salary increment in this company at all..stingy. no basis of terminating..extending probations for no reason ..wolfs in sheep clothing situation here
Excellent Learning Opportunity
Owners are genuine and forthright. Family owned and grown and there appears to be opportunity for advancement. Culturally, offered a great deal of insight
Not a healthy place to work
My manager and the branch manager did nothing but yell, cut you down, back stabbed you, talked behind my back to several employees. It is a very tainted and poisoned place to work.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Managers and Branch Managers were aweful.
Little India in Canada
I was very much excited to work there but the excitement quickly dissipated. The orientation speech where they say "It's all about you" It's nothing but meaningless words.

They run the company with no regard to their employees and they rather sustain their flashy lives (management) than taking pride on being able to support their employees through the tough times (same way they are expected whenever

I have seen lots of workers being fired just because one of their managers didn't like them or because they started spreading the word on how unfair the work conditions are. They will always treat women as less than they are (witnessed a few work harassment by a couple of their floor manager, and the opportunities are not equal. They underpay for the amount of work and responsibilities given and will never acknowledge that they are truly and really "status quo".

The company looks amazing from outside but is rotten from Management and all their so called "operations managers" who are arrogant as well.

Read the contract well! For those offered a "salary" position, in reality they treat you as hourly and cut every penny they can. There are no sick days, they don't pay you when they "unexpectedly" close the factory due any reason they may have and those 2 weeks Xmas closure, guess? Unpaid as well!

I would not recommend working at this place, or even consider it just for a pay check. My mental sanity is worth more than any money they may offer and hope you value yours the same.
Don't work here unless you're brown
Brown people run this company and if you're not one of them they will talk bad about you infront of your face because they think you can't understand.. Very Caty and high school environment. Unorganized. Just all around not a great place to work. Also they're a window and door company.. From. My short time in the service department or seems like they can't even make a decent product. I'd rather be unemployed than go back there. So bad for your mental healthdecendeproduct..Irathsuffer unemployed than
Not impressed. Moving towards another career.
Worst experience in my commission sales career. Not willing to see the future from outside the box. They will be 100% accountable and not progress in the future. Employee turnover is very high.
Bad experince
I was worked with in my experience the very worst company in my life no manner no rule .Thi company is using method is use and through .The only supporting theirs suckers
Bad
Not a company with integrity
Everything on the surface looks fine but when an issue arises the support from managemt has serious flaws.
Our branch had to fight with head office to get delivery schedules and we were often left out of the loop on important information.

Several of our employees were promised raises only to be ignored for months and then lied to or let go for little reason.

They take advantage of the honesty and loyalty of their employees to save a buck and have little concern for ensuring that proper specs are followed.

I wouldn't buy windows from them.
Pros
New office
Cons
Unethical behaviour from upper management
Human Resouces
I have had a wonderful experience with co-workers and management. Everyone has been very welcoming and helpful since I started. I am really excited to see where I can go with my career and this company. Excellent place to work!
Pros
Encouraged to get away from your desk for lunch
Worst experience in my professional career
This is the most dysfunctional unorganized company I have ever have worked with

Dealing with head office is a absolute nightmare. Culture is horrible.

People do not take responsibility for their mistakes will quickly point the blame elsewhere.

Inconsistent and very unprofessional.

I would never recommend anyone to take a position here unless you want to times your stress level by 10 fold.
Pros
Cons
too many to list., I could write a short novel on my experiences
Ongoing learning
Every day is different, fast paced and rich in culture. I really enjoy working with the amazing group of people that are part of Durabuilt.

It's not only amazing learning new processes and practices but also in a more personal level, getting to learn more about traditions, beliefs and even the food my co-workers prepare, I really find it delightful!
Pros
Multicultural and very stimulating work environment.
Cons
1 hour lunch breaks
Continuous learning environment.
I never have a day that is like the others. There's always something new to learn, to do and to achieve. My colleagues are very friendly and willing to teach me to help me understand what's going on in each department.

There are different nationalities under one roof and I love learning their cultural background, traditions and beliefs.

It's a place filled with respect and support. It is a very enjoyable atmosphere
I am not satisfied with the management system.
The work environment is fair. There is always pressure to finish the
work as per delivery schedule. Quality also is observed while we keep our working speed to high level. We have to develop also our

skills and technical knowledge in using our tools as well as keeping safety precautions at all time. We have to be flexible to do other work that is assign to us by our supervisors.
Pros
During my first 5 years I received salary increased every year.
Cons
our working hours are cut whenever the is shortage of work.
fun workplace
i love working there coz of the management.everybody is friendly.which makes you very confident and you wanna work there.no body is harasing you.love working the
Happy and productive workplace
Each day involved communication with the customers both internal and external and be with fellow team mates. It was a happy atmosphere.

The hardest part of the job was listening to customer complaints knowing that I personally had no authority to resolve the issues.

The most enjoyable part of the day was the interaction with team mates and the customers.
High Demand and Fast Paced Enviroment
Durabuilt Windows and Doors has provided me with excellent experience over the last 6 years. I run an engineering department of four employees and we are known to be the most diverse and friendly department. We are high in demand by all departments and rarely do we turn a department away when they ask for help. Our Department has an open door policy where anyone can come and ask questions. We are the research and development department, way I see it, if we don't know the answer, we are the department responsible of finding out the answer or at least who they should ask for assistance. Management recently began to trust departmental managers and micro-managing is now down to a minimal level. I learned a lot working here - I developed some of my best Management and multi-tasking skills working here.
Did not give managers the authority to run their departments.
They have a strong management team and good communication, but the owner has some control issues and is lacking in training for the position of Accounting Manager. I was left to figure out much of this position on my own.
Pros
Multi cultural atmosphere
Cons
expected to work extra hours with no compensation.