Durabuilt Windows & Doors Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Ongoing learning
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 August 2017
Every day is different, fast paced and rich in culture. I really enjoy working with the amazing group of people that are part of Durabuilt.

It's not only amazing learning new processes and practices but also in a more personal level, getting to learn more about traditions, beliefs and even the food my co-workers prepare, I really find it delightful!
Pros
Multicultural and very stimulating work environment.
Cons
1 hour lunch breaks
High Demand and Fast Paced Enviroment
Senior Engineer of Research and Development (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 August 2014
Durabuilt Windows and Doors has provided me with excellent experience over the last 6 years. I run an engineering department of four employees and we are known to be the most diverse and friendly department. We are high in demand by all departments and rarely do we turn a department away when they ask for help. Our Department has an open door policy where anyone can come and ask questions. We are the research and development department, way I see it, if we don't know the answer, we are the department responsible of finding out the answer or at least who they should ask for assistance. Management recently began to trust departmental managers and micro-managing is now down to a minimal level. I learned a lot working here - I developed some of my best Management and multi-tasking skills working here.
Did not give managers the authority to run their departments.
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 August 2013
They have a strong management team and good communication, but the owner has some control issues and is lacking in training for the position of Accounting Manager. I was left to figure out much of this position on my own.
Pros
Multi cultural atmosphere
Cons
expected to work extra hours with no compensation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Durabuilt Windows & Doors. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8