DuPont Employee Reviews

Found 46 reviews matching the search See all 1,905 reviews
Productive and repetitive work place.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON26 September 2019
A typical day at work is to walk in put all personal items in a locker.
Grabbing and using their lab coats, then grabbing my tablet with my bucket as i walk over to my spot in the lab, sitting down in one spot as i start to evaluate.
Its ok
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Canada19 September 2019
People that really try to make a difference, benefits and such are good. Always a lot of change and seems like a lot of conflict at times.
good benefits and such
Good
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB20 June 2019
Good summer job. I don't think this is under the right company though. I worked for DowDupont/Pioneer and it recently spun off as Corteva agriscience. I don't know about Dupont itself.
Marketing Consultant
Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 June 2019
A great company to start your career with. It is a different organisation now with all the M&A activity. Lot of focus on employee happiness and development.
Pros
Work culture
Cons
decision cycle is long and alow
Blah chemical work
Operator and Emergency Responder (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON21 May 2019
Lost my sense of taste while working there and found that painters syndrome is a real thing. Exposure to solvents and toluene can mess with you after a while. Lots of safety in place to mitigate but there is also a lot of smoke and mirrors. Management team has long since changed guard so I cannot comment on present day.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Exposure to chemicals
Innovative
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Carman, MB11 February 2019
Well planned and organized day.
Everyday is a learning experience.
Management is efficient and team oriented.
Relaxed yet driven workplace.
Future planning is the hardest part and seeing the results and everyday learning is the rewarding part.
Productive and fun workplace with opportunities to learn
Summer Intern- Crop Protection (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan19 January 2019
Was a good place to work. Had some long hours but for the most part, it was a typical 40 hour week. Had lots of opportunities to learn and grow within the company
Pros
Lots of great people
Cons
A bit boring when seeding and spraying was finished
Safety first
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Carman, MB18 January 2019
Best company to back up their commitment to safety first. Company commited to their core values of Safety, Ethics, Respect and Environmental Stewardship
Excellent company to work for
Human Resources Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 December 2018
Excellent management and working conditions. Good working environment and lots of exposure to various products and processes. Great people to work with.
Wages and benifits aren't good butI have learned alot
Operator of Probox (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON21 October 2018
This Company treats and packages seed corn and soya beans.The company has 3 types of employment. Full time, full time temps and seasonal temps. I am classified as a temp but I work all year long. The hardest part of my job is to working with someone who is making double of what I am, doing the same job. There is a division between the full time and the temps. I have learned to run the box wash using the H.M.I. and problem solving. I have also learned to run the rework station H.M.I. I work well with others and we work as a team. We are organized and need little supervision. My lift truck skills have greatly improved. I load stacks of three nested boxes onto the line and once washed I will unload and put the stacks in rows in the warehouse.
Pros
Safe workplace, opportunities to learn new job skills, learning about agriculture
Cons
wages, Little benifits, no vacation time off, shifts can change at a moments notice
No longer a company
Crop Scout (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB5 October 2018
No Longer a company

Overall was a good potion to work at but the management was al on different pages and no one wanted to get along.
There was lots of down time.
Technical Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alberta17 September 2018
This company has merged with another in the agriculture industry - Dow Agrosciences to form Corteva Agriscience. Tt is a premier world leading seed/genetics and crop protection business.
Really Nice Environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Caledon, ON30 July 2018
Everyone is really nice. The environment is really great and they work hard to make employees feel comfortable and safe. They are adamant on safety and take pride in not having job injuries.
Productive and fast-pace company
Quality Assurance Auditor and Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Singapore Lake, ON30 May 2018
The institutes are international research and development organizations and cooperated closely with other international academy institutes, universities and industry companies.
Pros
Free lunches
pharma
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 May 2018
Open - collaborative entrepreneurial recruitment firm - team oriented with a lucrative compensation structure. International scope of services in Canada and USA
Great place to learn
Various Roles (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 May 2018
10 jobs in 20 years, so lots of opportunity.

Company has changed a lot since I left, so I'm not sure how relevant this will be.

If you can, look for international opportunities
Great staff
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB13 July 2017
Company turned a lot of hands, hostel take over, job security is poor. makes it stressful work place for staff. I built my staff up to have them lose there jobs.
Pros
good staff, good training
Cons
Hostel take over.
good people clean factory
Colour Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON3 July 2017
Great company, good learning experience, would recommend for young people looking to gain some lab skills in automotive coatings. high regard for safety
Great place to work.
Channel Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 June 2017
It's merging with Dow Chemical I'm not sure if it is the best move for a career today, maybe after the merge.

You can develop skills based on the fact that you have few people to help you, office is great, people in Canada are amazing.
Company provides all the tools needed to develop your job, great clients.
Pros
good benefits, free coffee, space to develop your work, no micro-management
Cons
Many changes in short period of time
Great Summer Job for High-school Students
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON1 June 2017
While working for DuPont Pioneer as a general labourer, I will admit it was tough at some points with the hot summer weather we experienced, although it was great on a cool summers day. Everyone at this workplace was very helpful and encouraging. I enjoyed working in partners and groups to complete tasks, putting our ideas together to ensure the most effective and efficient plan for the particular job. The hardest part of this job was when working individually, I had to really think about what was the best route to go down in order for this job to be a success on my end. Making mistakes and learning from them was the way to learn at this job, along with increasing your pace while still ensuring the job looked professionally completed. A bonus was how caring my manager was, and the great snacks she would always provide us!
Pros
Helpful, understanding boss
Cons
Hot, long hours