DuMoulin Boskovich LLP

DuMoulin Boskovich LLP Employee Reviews

Canada10 reviews

Leonard Piprah

Dumoulin Boskovich provided me an opportunity to learn and to cultivate me legal skills for future success. I learned how to work hard and go above and beyond at Dumoulin Boskovich.

Do not work here unless you are looking to gain some experience.

Amazing Lawyers. Friendly Staff. No HR. This firm is lacking management. Managing partners barely care about staff. Unqualified individuals get hired to work at this firm with absolutely ridiculous amount of salary. When all staff are concerned about junior staff's performance, management (managing partners) can not fulfil their duties to replace or train current staff. Please hire qualified staff, and an office manager to cut costs and headaches.

Professional and friendly environment, nice people and great views

Very knowledgeable and helpful management. The office is in a gorgeous building with awesome views - one block from waterfront. Very clean and welcoming reception area. Lots of restaurants and coffee shops within the walking distance from the office.

Pros

Friday socials, very knowledgeable and helpful management, awesome views

Cons

18th floor - for those who are afraid of heights

Dead end job for support staff

Not really any benefits, they pay ½ MSP and employees pay for their own (limited) extended medical/dental. No training for staff, outdated technology, no IT support. The office itself is filthy – dusty, dirty carpets, dead plants, old furniture and lots of old files laying about. High staff turnover, especially reception and the corporate records dept. Socializing is discouraged. Very cliquey firm. A lot of nasty behaviour both from lawyers and other staff is tolerated because there is no human resources or administration. The firm is managed by lawyers and not by professional administration so when things get tough you're on your own. This isn’t a firm to stay at long term. No future for support staff. Sure, work here until you get a better job. Keep your expectations low, keep your head down and your mouth shut and you’ll be fine. Not a good fit for me.

Pros

on bus route

Cons

no benefits, filthy, old office

Great workplace and atmosphere in convenient Downtown Vancouver

I very much enjoyed my time at DuMoulin Boskovich. The staff were great, the atmosphere was amazing, and the opportunities to learn were endless. There was so much to learn, and everyone was super helpful. If you wanted to learn more you could, and the skills taught were beneficial. Meeting new people daily was enjoyable, and coming to work daily was honestly a great joy.

Pros

Friday socials, amazing views, fun staff

Cons

Trying to park in Downtown

Great place if you are keen on learning and looking to move up!

I enjoyed my time at Dumoulin very much! Met amazing people and learned so much. Would love to return if I were still in the lower mainland. Great people who understand the balance between work life/home life. Very professional!!

Pros

Flexibility/knowledgeable and great environment

Cons

Located right downtown

Not a nice place to work

No administration, no human resources, no office services or IT. No holiday or sick coverage. Low starting salary and no annual reviews, basic benefits, overworked, stressful, no training, no support or assistance with large projects, outdated technology. One paralegal had to buy her own cordless mouse and keypad because they wouldn't replace her broken one. No flexibility with working hours. Awful work environment – old chairs and work stations. No privacy and very noisy. Small lunch room. No firm precedents. The firm goes through a lot of staff and with good reason.

Pros

there is a Starbucks in the lobby

Cons

horrible work atmosphere

Not a nice place to work

no management to speak of, low salary (no annual reviews), sad benefits, overworked, stressful, no training, no support or assistance, outdated technology

Pros

sometimes you get a lunch break

Not a good fit for me

Was not really a good fit, I didn't fit into the culture. Was only there for a few months, things may have improved with time if they had gotten to know me better.

Work experience

It showed me how an office works and I enjoyed it while I worked there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DuMoulin Boskovich LLP. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement