Dulux Paints

Dulux Paints Employee Reviews

Canada107 reviews
Dulux
I currently work for Dulux and I would say that your job is secure but to move up in the company is more difficult then it would be made out to be. The pay is based on your previous jobs/experience.
Waste of time
I would not recommend anyone to work for Dulux Paints, Brandon, MB store. It will be waste of time for person as they are just hiring and then say you are not fit for this job. So, we will not move forward with you. And it will be within 90 days, so they will just say as mentioned in your offer letter. During Interview they will say that we provide training; however they are not providing any kind of training. You just have to learn tasks by your self. And store manager expect from you to perform like as an expert within 4-5 days. In my point of view, that's not possible.
Job for hardworking people and those who have common sense
overall good place to place but industrial products and tints are highly heavy and dangerous for your health. Be careful... good for short time period...
Trash Company
Management in Windsor is a complete joke, treated the experienced and long tenured employees like total trash, surprised they are still in business to be honest. Benefits are a joke, and they always have a way of turning the blame on someone
Easy going job
The job was great but the manager at my location was not great. however the overall experience was pretty good. Had some great to work with and the customers were the best part of the day fulfilling there needs.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Weekends and holidays
Stay away
Poorly managed, poorly staffed. Stay away. They will pay a store manager for 40 hours but not give you enough staff to cover 7 days a week. Part time hiring is slow leaving you with months of hours to cover at no extra pay. Incentive plan is worked so you cant realistically meet the goals. Upper management is a joke
Interesting place to work
fast paced environment, each day is different. Enjoy working with the customers both retail and commercial. Hardest part of the job would be keeping up with the constant changes in upper management and sales reps
Great place to work for the go getter
Easy to learn and you learn alot about not only product but how to properly use it. Fast paced environment with tons to do to keep you on your feet. Great management and tons of opportunities to move up in the business. Friendly staff and easy to understand programs.
Productive and fun workplace
I enjoyed being with most of the staff there, kind and easy to get along with. Will help you with any questions or concerns that you may have. Most part of it is relaxing and when work needs to be done it is fast-paced and nothing too stressful.
Good!
As an employee at Dulux for about 5 months until I moved onto full time at a different placement, I enjoyed it. I would go back to this place as we were all treated equal, and it was a fair work environment. However management was a little degrading some times, the store manager would make up for it with his positive behaviour and impressive work ethic.
stressful unhealthy environment
Very stressful and unprofessional, management will talk about people behind there backs, instead of addressing any problems they sweep it under the rug, and treat any problems that might arise as gossip, major staffing problems are ignored, though since they can’t seem keep to good staff very long, and constantly complain about people’s competence to preform there jobs, yet provide little to no training
Amazing team work
everyone helps everyone, the stores all help each other out and every store I dealt with, the people were all very friendly. The customer base is world wide I've personally had the pleasure to deal with people from all over the world telling me that where they're from they have Dulux there with similar products.
great place, great people
this job seems more intimidating than it actually is at first, but within a week you'll be just fine. you can expect to work in a small team, and when you're well versed enough with the product and systems you'll be expected to work alone for some shifts. the customers are great, and the staff is even better.
Great Guys
I had an amazing time working with the boys, a great environment and a great location. Learned heaps of interesting things about paint and how they're made.
Great staff and an interesting environment to work and learn
Small staff with lots of opportunity to learn about the paint industry. Friendly customers and lots of independent work to be done. Overall a great place
Awesome Place to Work
I miss Dulux. The culture within the company was awesome. Good work is recognized. The company is concerned about the personal well being of employees. You find people who had been in service for longer durations.
Excellent company from a multitude of aspects! Small issues unfortunatey as most places do.
-Ability to have a large territory and have multiple avenues of business from achitectural paints, epoxy coatings, powder coatings, to line lasers ,spray machines and hoses and shop equipment. Wide range of vendours at your disposal.
-work environment was mostly macro managed by leadership which was rewarding for myself as I felt my hard work was deserving of autonomy. This also gave me the feeling from management/leadership I was the essence of what they wanted to portray to their clientele. They had no need to ensure I was doing what they expected...in fact over achieving!

-their was a culture of healthy competition to drive the sales team which I felt was a must-have

-I gained a large amount and wide range of knowledge with regards to corrosion protection, paint & coatings, paint/coatings processes, applicable tools and machinery such as line lasers & spray equipment. I would say they provided excellent opportunity to learn and succeed if you want to!!
Fun
Great people who helps you and teaches you everything and are happy to see you learning and being successful at your work. Excellent company to be with.
Pros
Fun environment
Just don't.
A typical day at work: Show up to open the store, painters already at the door like starving vultures. Not enough staff, so handle the first hour or two alone. If even ONE retail customer comes in during the morning rush you are absolutely screwed and will have lots of angry painters. Depending what store you work at you will have some time between customers to work on store projects, catch up on paperwork, put away stock, or just relax OR you will be slammed all day and possibly miss your lunch/stay late. Customers can be really grouchy and are often not very smart. Whenever they have a problem they just blame the paint store, and then they come in and I prove them wrong.

What I learned: People are really dumb. Also, Dulux doesn't like to keep their stores fully staffed. Makes it really hard on those doing the work of two or three people.

Management: Your manager might care about you if you have a good one, but don't expect anyone higher up on the food chain to care.

Workplace culture: Nearly everyone is depressed and talks about quitting on a daily basis. If you have a good team that you are friends with you can at least gripe about work together.

The hardest part of the job: Pretending to care. Standing at a wall of color chips with an office full of overdue paperwork looming in your mind, painters waiting impatiently to be helped and those twelve cups of coffee screaming to be let out of your bladder, but you can't get to any of it because this lady can't decide which shade of beige best matches her laminate flooring.

The most enjoyable part of the job: I
 - more...
Pros
Time to relax.
Cons
No time to relax!
I want to work for this place one day.
Never had worked for dulux since I am too young.
But I have lots of experience with handling paint. Dad teaches me the basics and fell in love with painting. 2 coats. Rolling. Cutting.
Stressful work
Stress full with less staffing. Lot of heavy lifting. Worked a lot of back to back shifts. Not a typical 9-5 job Monday to Friday. Store managers have a lot to do.
Pros
paid on time
Cons
Stressful
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dulux Paints. Our community is ready to answer.