Dulux Paints Employee Reviews

Awful
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL28 July 2018
I had a terrible experience with this company. From being yelled at, to having district managers trick me into seeing naked pictures, to never having my questions answered to help better serve customers on my own.

Horrible place to work.
Benefits
Cons
Too many to list
Stay Away
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 July 2018
You can bust your butt, but you won't get recognized for it. And don't think about being paid according to the amount of work you have to do. You'll get paid the same as a fast food worker but will have 10X the responsibility. The company refuses to install security cameras and there are times when you'll have to work alone for hours at a time.
Ok but a lot of work for less pay than competitors
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada10 July 2018
This company has given me a lot of business knowledge and experience and I've worked with some really great people. There is a lot of room for growth. However it has transformed more into a cold corporate company more about the bottom line and less caring towards the people working in stores. When I started in the company it was great feeling like you were apart of a team. It's a shame they strayed so far from that kind of workplace atmosphere.
A typical Day in the Life of a Paint Supplier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON10 July 2018
A typical day at work included cleaning, organizing shelves, and mixing paint.
I learned about different paint products and the differences between them.
The Management were extremely encouraging.
The hardest part of the job was remembering every single product in the store and what each project each product was for.
The most enjoyable part of the job was tinting the paint, because it was the only time I ever got to work with the product itself.
Good Starter Job
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS4 June 2018
I started my job at Dulux Paints following my graduation from university. I always felt very welcome coming to work and over time developed meaningful relationships with all of my coworkers which I hope to maintain even after leaving the company. I had great managers and owners who were very fair and overall a pleasure to work for. My main reason for leaving the company was career advancement. This does not reflect on my coworkers in any way shape or form. I would recommend this company to those looking for a challenging work environment as well as for those looking for a close knit family community in the workplace.
Pros
Excellent coworkers. Very flexible in terms of days off/vacations
Cons
Lunch policy, challenges of a retail setting.
Productive and fun work place with clients and staff.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2018
i loved the overall environment of the work place. I enjoyed working with my customers and the staff was a huge part of the atmosphere in the shop. The mental work part of the job was a little frustrating because of the customer complaints of products and availability etc..
Pros
customer appreciation
Cons
overload of what the employer would expect the job requirements
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON28 March 2018
I loved my co-workers and getting to know the regular customers when they came in. Great hours, lots of online training provided. Dulux is a great place to work.
Terrible Management and Work Culture
Sales Developement Manager (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC23 March 2018
The sales manager used out of date business tactics and behaved like a used car salesman. Unacceptable requests were made and a huge disconnect with communication. Truth about products and prices were often mislead to the customers. Very clicky atmosphere and a lot of gossip and talk happening behind the scenes.

I would not recommend working for PPG as it was the worst experience I have had in my professional career. If you want to be treated with rude and disrespectful behaviour this would be the company. If you want to work in a professional, organized, honest company, this is not a good choice .... of course my opinion.
Great job, Horrible management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON25 January 2018
Ive never seen a worse run place. These guys have no clue how to communicate between the head office and store level. High turnover and no compensation for doing multiple people's jobs. Low staff headcount makes it easy for the company to manipulate close working relationships to make employees do what they want. No negotiation process when asking for more money or addressing pay raises for increased responsibility. No security and expected to be in store alone at least an hour every day. Location makes no difference, if the expense doesn't immediately generate income, they won't spend it (I.e. Cameras to increase job safety) Just a very close minded company who thinks the work you do for them is as replaceable as a Mcdonalds worker.
Pros
Slow paces
Cons
Everything you can think of.
Slave work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 January 2018
Corporate structure makes it very difficult to attain bonus. Upper management is a total mess. Will never work for them again. Demand is high on workers and managers with poor support from leadership above them. Retail work and pay.
Pros
Good for students
Cons
Stores are a mess. Feel sorry for managers and coworkers
great job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON17 January 2018
a great company to work for, a lot of communication with other companies and contacter, always a pleasure to help other with picking colours or help carrying the paint to the car
Manager (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL2 January 2018
Dulux is a great place to work the staff are great. Hours a re good and the people are great people to be around there are never a dull moment at Dulux Paints
Csr
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 November 2017
Good work environment, healthy and safety updated regularly, very nice customers, manageable job load, a lot of opportunity for advancement, good benefits
Pros
health benefits
Variable work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan30 October 2017
There is a good amount of Variation in the work tasks assigned. The work hours can fluctuate dramatically due to the seasonality of the business. Small work group.
Pros
Variety
Cons
Instability
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 October 2017
opening and cash
learned to help customers
learned cash maagemtn
calm clean comfortable environment to work in
lefting 60 lbs
closing the shop on own
not bad
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario7 September 2017
alright place to work, better to work at a locally owned and operated location rather than a corporate location. most customers are nice to deal with.
Very fun and atmospheric
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, AB24 August 2017
I have workes here for 6 months now, the benefits are great, team atmosphere is amazing, managers are informative and helpful. I never find myself intimidated when talking with hiigher ups. Outside the box ideas are very welcome.
Pros
Hands on training, great customer interactions, good physical work. Great benefits
Cons
Country music.
Knowledgeable
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2017
My current workplace is delightful.

Learned a lot about colors.

Management is helpful.

workplace culture is relaxed.

the most enjoyable part of the job is that i get to work on new projects regularly.
Fun work place, but very physical
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON17 July 2017
enjoyable place to work. You get a lot of training, but physical work. They pay is average. Being a retail setting you will always get nice to bad customers. You always have to be ready for the job to become a fast pace job.
Great part time job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 July 2017
The Company provides excellent training on their products and it is a fun environment to work in. You get to assist people with your requirements and feel satisfied at the end of a shift.
Pros
reward points
Cons
Shift work including weekends