Dufresne

Dufresne Employee Reviews

Canada127 reviews
Its just ok
It is very unorganized.
Management doesn't care much, they tend to make their staff feel worse most of the time, meetings are smoke & mirrors, where nothing gets done. Only about 2 or 3 employees actually care to do their job properly, which are overwhelmed with extra work due to everyone ( including managers) constantly come for their assistance.
I have been working for 2 years for this company. Working culture and conditions created are very good. Work you do for the company is well compensated.
A complete s**t show
Firstly the trainer should be changed. No support or encouragement is given to the new hires. A lot of emphasis is given on passing the so called "test" and less of the actual software is taught. So when you actually go on the floor you will be clueless about how to do things.Coworkers try to help but they are also clueless as they are also in the same boat as you. THE MANAGEMENT is a complete joke with managers scratching their heads and being clueless whenever you ask for help and are themselves unaware of the policies. People that actually do their job properly are criticised the most and no action is taken on the employees that just sit there and do nothing. If you`re "buddies" with the manager then all you have to do is show up and chill as there is no accountability for you . I feel bad for people who work in the evening as they are expected to complete all the pending work that the morning staff just choose to ignore as the evening shift is the "clean up crew". Only 1 of the TEAM LEADS that works there actually knows what to do and the management expects her to complete her duties as well as that of other TLs staying available to help CSA and take live escalations from the store on top of that. Employees that "actually work" are overworked and underpaid. If you are expected to complete other people`s work then you should be paid there wages as well. The CSAs are held accountable even for the smallest system errors whereas the stores that physically interact with the customer and tell them lies just to make the sale are "UNTOUCHED".

In the End if you work at GUEST
good place to work
friendly working environment. training provided. open door policy and supports from management team. work can be stressful due to the nature of work (customer service).
I feel sad writing this!
I worked here for little over 2 years and I feel extremely disappointed writing this.

The place is like a big family, management listens to everyone and the approach is very friendly but sad thing is that no one values your opinion. I started with lots of energy and excelled in performance, but at the end I couldn't see any scope of career advancement or any recognition. I applied at numerous positions within the company, even after being qualified for the position, didn't end up any interview opportunity. People are nice but while at work everyone is involved in so much manipulation. Customer service agents concentrate on gossips and snitching on each other and interfering in other people's personal life than concentrating and assisting customers.

People who pretend that they care for you, don't actually care, but I mean that's how life goes which this place has taught me.

Typical day of work beings with taking calls and ends with taking calls, you are assigned more work during your shift other than taking calls, you are sent mistakes that you make and mistakes that other department in the company make, no one stands against it. You are expected to do overtime, even if you pull your work load because your team is struggling, you often will miss your break or will be asked to delay it because "there is a call in queue".

I didn't learn anything that will help me advance in my career or will improve my skills, but this place has surely taught me life lessons and how people can be.

At the end 2 years is a lot for a call center, and I am glad I am out, made some
 - more...
great Place to work, great environment. Supervisors enable u to deal with difficult customers. Management supports what u suggest or give u better options to offer the guest on the phone. The senior teams members are always willing to help the new agents to better themselves. I have enjoyed every day that I have been there so far and feel that I can make this place a long term employment.
Extremely Unorganized
Customers are not valued, agents assigned to service customers are rude to customers but you cant blame them as the place is extremely unorganized, and i have heard they have extremely high turnover and i dont doubt that. In my training class, 2 people quit, and then the trainer become unavailable half the shift, there is no one to cover her shift, so then the director jumps in, who is clueless, not sure how they are running this Guest Care Center.
This was supposed to be my first job in the country!
Since the trainer is going on Mat Leave, I was hired to replace her for temporary position. The negativity and stress from this place made me quit, I didn't finish the training, I was allegedly getting more the their current trainer which made her upset and showcase the hostile behavior towards me.
Trainer was wonderful!
I absolutely have no idea why there are negative comments about the trainer! It shows the mentality of people when they make rude & uneducated comments. Very brave sitting behind a computer!
The trainer was nothing but helpful & engaging when I was there considering there were challenging people in the classroom! These are probably the ones that are making these terrible comments! GREAT job trainer!
Pretty repetitive job
Everyday is different with the same tasks and not a good pay for what we do. Not appreciation at all. Benefits are good but in terms to being good good workers I have nothing good to say.
Run, and I mean FAST
Worked here for almost a year. Honestly the worst year of my life. No proper training, Management is a joke. You are praised if you barely work and scolded if you are a hard worker. No work/life balance.
Pros
The day I walked out
Cons
Everything about that place
Not healthy
Stressful
Annoying

Bad Work Culture

Poor Ethics

Lots of Politics

Rude People

No wage increases

Stay away from people working there, especially people who are too friendly, and the veterans working there
Horrible Work Culture
Management is very lousy and causal in serious things, people are so nosy and interfere in each others business. You will have no privacy at work, I was there and i left half way thru the training. I was made to sit and shadow someone there and I could see things around, it's so weird and stressful environment. There is this one guy who just walks to everyone's desk and acts like he runs the place stay away from him.
You will regret every day here!
Did you know that The President of This Company was gone over night?! Lol,
Yes there is president for The Dufresne Group right now, because the president quit overnight hahaha.
Team Leads are Joke, Management is goofy, HR..lol
Most of the team leads here are unqualified. Trainer is OMG hahaha, let's not talk about it. Management seldom uses their brains. HR exists but doesn't exist. If you wanna survive here, be good at brown nosing or else no one will like you, you better get stuff for your team leads (4 woman) literally they got every other man team lead kicked from here no joke. Also managers date employees and there is more partiality.
Toxic workplace
Don't meet or exceed their minimum standards of productivity. If you do managment will treat you like you're the worst employee there while letting the lazy coworkers and poor performers do whatever they want and treat them like gold. If they have nothing to give you trouble for managment will literally make things up. If i could give managment and job culture less than 1 star I would.
I ran away from the training!
Call me coward or anything, but I am so glad i quit during the training. I am sorry, but I could not stand the trainer. People working their are stressed and depressed. Management is a joke.
Pros
Dont know honestly
Cons
Trainer and Management.
Do not recommend!
Do not waste your time with this company. First, the cost of living wage is determined by Winnipeg's standards, not Alberta's, which is higher in Alberta. Secondly, there are no raises. In my interview, It was printed in my contract that I would get 50 cent increments for the first 3, 6 and 12 months, and annually thereafter;however, that was never fulfilled. I later found out the guy they hired AFTER me with the same or less qualifying "experience" was bumped up 2 extra dollars an hour because the manager liked him. TDG is not an equal opportunity company. I wish the HR department was concerned about these issues, but like management, they do not care. They make these third-party survey's a couple times a year mandatory, but nothing is ever followed up with the low moral inside of the company.

The hours are not guaranteed. They say 11 hr days 4 day weeks, but that could be less than 11 hrs and 3 or 2 day weeks, depending on how managements feels about you because favoritism trumps seniority. No overtime until after 11 hrs. Your work day starts at 7AM and ends when you're done,so don't make any weekend plans :) . If your appointed co-worker doesn't show up for work, which is a probability, then you are scheduled to work with a temp. that often looks like someone that is working to support a serious drug addiction. So, now you have to deal with the work made for 2 people.

There is not really any training. You are expected to run as soon as you're hired. If you're an ambitious, hardworking person who wants to build the company and do the best job you can possibly do, your
 - more...
Pros
motivates you to look for a better life.
Cons
to many to list
I would rather work in Factory!
Training is inadequate, trainer is rude and always on her high horses. Most of the people working here don't like her as she is very nosey. She trains you in such a way that you will struggle on floor. TLs do not want to take escalation and act very rude when you call them for help. Most of the people working here are depressed. Most others are poor new immigrants who have difficult time find job in a new country. Snitches and politicians work there. Value yourself and don't apply here.
Trainer Needs to Get GED first!
Horrible work culture, People are rude to each other, No one respects each other. Management is full of people who don't understand their own policies.
The Trainer doesn't have a GED LOL
Trainer was the worst ever!
I was super excited to start working at TDG. However the trainer was extremely rude, berating and belittled the trainees hourly. I understand there is a lot to learn in a short time but there is no need to be so mean to people. If we got a wrong answer on class she would literally say "woof". WTH is she barking at us for. I could not even finish the training it was so bad. Hope the get a new trainer.