Dufresne Employee Reviews

Low wages
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON18 March 2018
With such low wages and very hard work, how can Dufresne management expect drivers and helpers to stay? The workers would have trouble just making ends meet. On the other hand perhaps if the wages were fare then drivers and helpers would stay and be able to perform quality work.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Low wages, lack of training.
Toxic work place with free coffee in staff room.
Picker Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 November 2017
The supervisors make it hard to maintain open communication in the warehouse by answering questions in a condescending manner and treating employees with little to no respect. But they have free coffee for all employees in the staff room so it's not all bad.
Pros
Free Coffee, Canada Day BBQ
Cons
Horrible Management
If you want a terrible job, this is for you
Distrubution Center (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 November 2017
Terrible management
some good people
No one likes working there
Terrible salary no room for advancement.
Never in a rush to do anything.
They say there improvement but never do anything about it,
Big promises and no delivery.
If your not management its the worst place to work
Pros
IF your on good terms with management its a better job
Cons
They take advantage of you every chance they get
Run! As fast as you can
Pick Truck Operator/Warehouse Merchadiser (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 November 2017
Don't work here all they do is work you to the bone and favour certain employees over others. They don't believe in letting employees spend time with their families during the holidays. They also pay pretty poorly.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Management no longer in touch with families or employees
Competitive, unrewarding environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON6 August 2017
The company does not offer proper training. Demands you to learn right away. I had ten years sales experience and wasn't given the chance to excel. Was told I wouldn't get better and I lacked what a sales person needed. Felt ridiculed and not encouraged to do better. They have a revolving door of employees and the owner knows very little about his payroll management. Over all It was stressful environment. Either have previous furniture sales experience or don't bother applying. You will be expected to bend the truth and manipulate to make your sales.
Cons
12 hour shifts on slow days
Cliquey office environment, Management is terrible.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 July 2017
If you don't fit in with the people there, good luck lasting longer than three months. Management is awful, they say they care about their employees but show absolutely no support when you're having issues. Instead they take sides, talk behind your back and then soon you will be let go.
Pros
Decent wage
Cons
Management is horrible
Welcome to TDG
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 July 2017
Fantastic group of team members to work with! I have worked in many services centers and I have stayed here due to the environment, the people and the opportunities.

I have learned a great vast amount of knowledge and skillsets while being employed through TDG. They have allowed me to grow into the different roles I have had the pleasure of taking on.

They do want your input - they cant do everything but they will review all opportunities and see what can be done. Its nice knowing your thoughts/concerns/suggestions were part of making that positive change.

The company is growing - steadily so job security is not a concern at this time.

I wish you luck in your journey should that lead you here to the amazing people at TDG.
Pros
Great people, growing company
Cons
Attention to details is a must and fast paced environment which isnt for everyone
Whatever it takes to sell
Sales (Former Employee) –  Northern Ontario27 June 2017
Worked there just long enough to find out that the only rule is to do whatever it takes to sell. I am accustomed to aggressive sales and a strong sales culture but this was something different.

The sales floor was run in a very convoluted way.

It is very difficult to make a decent paycheck in the first few months due to the compensation plan.
Cons
bad sales culture
Great employer
Information Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 June 2017
The Dufresne Group is a great place to work. I've gotten tremendous opportunity at Dufresne and have been able to advance my career there. The people are all very friendly and are awesome to work with.

The business has been growing and therefore have been expanding into many new exciting things so there are lots of opportunities to get experience with different tools, technologies, etc.
Pros
Great people, competitive wages, interesting work
Fast paced growing company!
Director, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 June 2017
Dufresne is one of Canada's 50 Best Managed companies for 17 years running and its easy to understand why. They offer competitive wages and benefits, a matching RRSP and education assistance programs and great discounts! Not only have they been around for over 30 years showing stability but they are growing too.

It is a fast paced environment but if you are up for the challenge there is endless opportunity for growth. I highly recommend Dufresne as a great place to work.
Manager, retail sales (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 June 2017
No job is perfect - but this is pretty close. Good wages, good advancement opportunities, and great leadership.

Lots of job security. The company is growing and very stable. Hard to find in retail companies these days
Pros
Family operated, strong systems and structure
Cons
Retail hours
A great place to build a career!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kenora, ON13 March 2017
I have been with Dufresne for almost 6 years, and have had the opportunity to fine tune my customer service skills. I get to meet all kinds of people and help them make educated buying decisions, which makes for a happy customer when they receive their products into their new/ existing home. My fellow employees have become like family to me. The Dufresne group is always trying to find new ways to keep their employees feeling appreciated / motivated. They do an employee satisfaction survey every year, and so far every year they have listened to the results and made positive actions to make working for them even better! There are opportunities to move into management roles, some locations more than others. The wages are certainly above average, and so far all of the management I have had the pleasure to deal with have been friendly and appreciative of my work. It is a growing company that can provide you with great job security!
Pros
benefits/wages/RRSP
Cons
working weekends!
If you're ok never having a weekend off!
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa South, ON12 March 2017
Easy work if you like talking to people
Long hours - usually one or sometimes two 12 hour shifts per week
Working every weekend
Great Staff
Ok management.
Must be self motivated. - don't sell = no pay
Pros
Great staff - fun environment
Cons
LONG hours - work every weekend - 12 hour shifts
Managers need management skills!
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 November 2016
I would recommend this company depending on the department you are in. There is a lot of family and friends, so be careful who you say things to. Management, well a hand full of them don't know how to manage or talk to their employees in situations where they need to be non biased, they are completely biased and don't give you the time of day to give your side to say something, if you get to say anything it really means nothing. If given the opportunity to go back I wouldn't. They did a survey that showed most employees would not recommend TDG as a company to work for.
Pros
They try to care
Cons
People are friendly
Well managed with all the tools to succeed provided.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MB12 October 2016
A typical day would involve keeping up with any changes in product, reviewing notes kept and follow-up with customers and potential customers. Was reminded of the complexities of working in a smaller community, less door swings and more in depth relationship with client base. Management was supportive and always available. Hardest part of the job was the down time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to carve out your own niche, and the team you worked with.
great place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 September 2016
I learnt how to help customers with design planning and organizing rooms. The best part of my job was working with the customers and being able to help them create a beautiful home or room.
Never work for this company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Store Manager11 August 2016
They give you big promises and of course they are very misleading.
Full of internal politics with zero advancement opportunities.

the existing employees would not let you settle down coz they all are scared to have loose their job!!
Pros
you work for a furniture company
Cons
very stress full enviornment - low wages
Family Enviroment
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 June 2016
I would arrive at work and complete the payroll that is needed. If it was a week with out payroll I would complete benefits, or jobs that need to be done in the office.
My co workers were very friendly
Pros
Food truck Wednsdays
Cons
New Managment
Productive and fun place to work. Great people.
Inventory Control Coordinator & Customer Pick-Up (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 June 2016
Was able to work independently once I proved my work ethic, loyalty, productivity and leadership ability. Was called upon to train replacement so I could move on to a new job opportunity. In addition, the Company had me train new employees in another Distribution Centre in Canada which I found challenging and satisfying.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Sense of Urgency at times
Great place to work!
Rebuyer/Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 April 2016
This was my most pleasant work experience. I really enjoyed working at Dufresne. I was employed with them for a long time. A strong company that continues growing stronger.
I gained so much experience and knowledge in the furniture industry. Great staff, a pleasant place of employment and a place of employment you want to go to everyday! Best career experience by far to date.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dufresne. Our community is ready to answer.