Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board

Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board Employee Reviews

I was lucky to work with absolutely amazing people but the school I was placed at definitely felt like some of the teachers were in on a “secret” that no one else knew. Sort of subjected to catty, grade school type of behaviour from grown adults. It really depends what school you work at.
Pros
Great Clientele, potential for great coworkers, great hours, educational
Cons
Catty employees, strict policies
The school board is a nice place to work. Salary and benefits are excellent. The board is very large and you must be careful where to work as the drive could be a problem.
Pros
Good salary and benefits.
Cons
Large geographical area.
It was a good environment. Your co-workers was always there with you and taught you a lot about teamwork and problem solving skills. In the morning you will greet the camper and parent, we wait for everyone to come and say a prayer and then do the activities planned for the day.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
N/a
Would not recommend. Little to no support for reducing workplace violence experienced by educational resource workers. No room for advancement or professional growth.
Some of the staff are excellent. They made working there a pleasure. I would have no problem working there again if the opportunity presented itself. .
Pros
Great staff to work with.
Cons
Distance from home.
My position at Dufferin Peel was a year contract as a secretary for several schools. I enjoyed this position and was ho ping to become a full time employee. However, working on contract was not able to do for much longer.
Pros
Great job, great staff, loved the kids
Cons
Contract position
Like the title says! 🙏 This may depend on which school you'd be working at. The support system at my present school is phenomenal and it's surrounded by a closed knit community!
Pros
Joy of being with the kids
Cons
Just the pay
Always busy at work we do have routine works attended calls from office room temperatures cold or warm .a good company giving an equal opportunity to employees.it is a multi culture institution
Pros
Equal opportunity employer
Cons
None so far
One of the best company and job i have worked with. The people and co-workers are respectful and delightful to work with. The management is so dependable and supportive of their employees.
Great colleagues and enjoy working with children but the politics of the position are extremely stressful. You must be willing to be an independent thinker who can navigate issues without much direction.
It took me over a year from my occasional teacher interview to actually get work. I've been working for 5+ years in this role doing LTOs, which are few and far between. No prospect of full-time employment in sight, nor will there be for years. Good luck.
I was able to work with a team that I desired and nothing was micromanaged like in other companies. This was largely due to the fact that the project was software-based and it was my specialized area.
been working for this company for the fast 6 years its been great so far,great company to work with.with good benefits learn a lot new skills and meet new people.
Really bad place to work. HR are very irresponsible at returning emails, phone calls, etc. Most of the time I was guessing at how to do things. There is no direction.
Pros
Students
Cons
Administration
I have been able to gain experience with special needs students. It is sometimes difficult working with these students, but gain a better appreciation of what families go through.
same issue everyday, you won't learn after few months on the job. no additional responsibilities. no surprises - good if you don't want to learn and just want to work 9-5pm, excellent work-life balance
Pros
excellent work-life balance
Customer service is not upper managements interest. In the 14 years i was there the culture went from good to terrible because of untrained, inexperienced middle management. Work day - addressing client issues with computers, training users, installing cabling and workstations, repairing components and printers.
equipment doesnt get refresh often. you will be doing the same jobs over and over again. not much to learn, lots of free times depending on how fast/efficient you complete the tasks.
You teach students a verity of grades and lessons which include but are not limited to math, science, geography, health, English, art, history, reading, and writing.
Pros
teaching
Cons
teaching
Very good place to work as I work independently by myself. In charge for the operation of all mechanical equipments. I learned how to inter act with all the personnels from the principal, vice principals, teachers and to the students. Also coordinate with all tradesmen including all contractors doing all jobs in the building. In charge for the operation and maintenance of all equipments necessary to run the building like Chillers, Boilers, Pumps Cooling Towers Air Handling Units, Exhaust Fans BAS and more. Also capable of doing mosy plumbing jobs, electrical carpentry ,etc.
Pros
work independently by myself
Cons
day time job-8 hrs.
This is an outstanding board. If you get the chance to work here, stay here! The pay is incredible as are the benefits and pension plan. Just as importantly, the schools develop a warm and supportive school environment and are very engaging with the schpp; community. I can't saay enough good things about DPCDSB.