Ducks Unlimited Canada Employee Review

View all Ducks Unlimited Canada reviews

Stressful environment and unrealistic expectations
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Stonewall, MB5 June 2018
Very negative environment. There is very little training and you are expected to just learn your job on your own with very little support. Upper management only supports "yes people" and you are seen as negative if you question any decisions. Overall, executive manage is very weak, unprofessional and seem only concerned with patting themselves on the back. Deadlines are very tight and expectations are not clearly laid out creating confusion and often requiring staff to re-do tasks a number of times. It is a very stressful environment where staff health and wellbeing is not considered. It is surprising how much politics there is for not-for profit.
Pros
Most people work there for the mission
Cons
Long hours and low pay

Other Ducks Unlimited Canada Employee Reviews

Great People aand Great Cause
Provincial Manager of Events (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK24 January 2019
My time at Ducks Unlimited Canada was very enjoyable. I liked and respected the people I worked with and have nothing bad to say about the company in general.
Pros
great Cause and People
Cons
Would only recommend for students
Conservation Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 October 2018
Was an ok place to work but the hourly wage as comparied to the number of hours work was very unfair. Increases in wages did not happen during my time there. Employees with same education level were treated differently and unfairly. A lot of time expected to work during summer months.
Pros
Travelling the country
Cons
Low wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ducks Unlimited Canada. Our community is ready to answer.