Ducks Unlimited Canada Employee Reviews in Stonewall, MB

Stressful environment and unrealistic expectations
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Stonewall, MB5 June 2018
Very negative environment. There is very little training and you are expected to just learn your job on your own with very little support. Upper management only supports "yes people" and you are seen as negative if you question any decisions. Overall, executive manage is very weak, unprofessional and seem only concerned with patting themselves on the back. Deadlines are very tight and expectations are not clearly laid out creating confusion and often requiring staff to re-do tasks a number of times. It is a very stressful environment where staff health and wellbeing is not considered. It is surprising how much politics there is for not-for profit.
Pros
Most people work there for the mission
Cons
Long hours and low pay
Great work environment and dedicated staff
Waterfowling Heritage Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stonewall, MB20 December 2017
Ducks Unlimited Canada is a wonderful company to work for, staff are dedicated to wetland conservation and the overall culture is like a family. My position was quite diverse and I took on many different roles while working there.
Great culture and does great work!
National Sealed Bid Auction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stonewall, MB24 March 2013
I've just left Ducks for a new career. The main I reason I left was to find a position with higher wages. As a 'not for profit' Ducks does not command the best wages, especially for administrative staff.

Otherwise the culture and the organization itself are great, I will miss it. I am still an active volunteer and suporter.
Pros
culture
Cons
wages