DSV Employee Reviews

good working environment
Reciever, picker and Packer (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 December 2018
I am still working in DSV. I really enjoyed this job. Good management and colleagues. Neat and clean working environment. light work without any pressure.
Pros
No pressure
Cons
Not at all
Productive and cold interpersonal work setting
Reach Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 October 2018
Very physically demanding, but honest work.
Management is very uncooperative, cold, and distances themselves from the laborers with a high sense of superiority
Positivie and productive workplace
Manager - Ocean Freight (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 September 2017
Productive and fun work place. Skilled management team. positive working environment. friendly coworker. Competitive package along with good benefit but I think organizationally it is very flat. Not enough room to explore after a certain level.
Pros
Positive envirnment
Cons
it is very flat. Not enough room to explore after a certain level.
More knowledgable environment and corporative staff.
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 March 2018
I worked over there more than 4 months and I had a great time. The whole staff was very corporative and supportive. I get more knowledge about marketing.
Pros
Free lunches
Excellent
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 April 2018
The DSV is a Sephora warehouse. I worked there from last September to December. All the staff members and management are so cooperative and understandable. it was really a very good experience.
Good Company to groom your skills
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 March 2018
Help to improve team skills . Gives you the platform to learn how the work flow occur from top management to bottom of the company. Groom all the skills.
it was good experience working there
Shipper and Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 November 2017
I used to do packing and scan phones on computer. I worked in different departments there such as used to pick orders and move them to shipping area. company offers benefits too.
producting and enjoyable environment
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 February 2017
its interesting to work with makeup product and you will never get bored. very friendly and supporting management. increses my stamina to work and learned about team work. you will meet persons from multi cultures who are also willng to help to in assignment.
Pros
parties of team
very friendly environment
Supply & Demand Team Member (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 September 2017
Good company but very low salary, rest all good. Have to improve the salary and benefits to employees. Great team work and the supervision ,HR and management does a great job !
Night shift is great
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 November 2017
All the workers good deal with people.Ans they also give three breaks and good salary , but they did not tell their workers about holiday at work and it cause many workers come at work and go back to home.
Pros
They provide free coffee
Cons
They do not comporomise with students about their hours.
Very open mind in everyday improvement work performance and efficiency
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 December 2012
Very quiet and well-organized process of work where everybody knows what to do with very little supervision.
We learned to get result as a team rather as individuals but this was depended by individual quality. So we were very collaborated with each-other in solving different problems.
Management level was very good.
In the end of the year the load of work almost doubled and overtime work was necessary.
Every time we took a new product was a chance to know new technology, new features and getting instructions how to solve troubleshoots.
Pros
champion of the month celebration
Cons
not much real communication with co-workers.
Mellow but slow
Order Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 January 2016
Work was very calm and mellow at first which wasn't good considering we had to complete a specific amount of orders per day. We usually had to rush it last minute or stay late to complete said orders when we could of been pushed more to work hard. Not enough discipline in the warehouse to keep a consistent production. Managers were not bad, however they did lack leadership skills. I did learn a lot like how to work an RF scanner, Shipping, Receiving, And Order Picking. Only a select few of co-workers were hard working and great to work with, majority of the people would slack and not pick up the pace which was very stressful for the company overall. Hardest part of the job was basically doing ones job and then someone elses job, picking up other people slack made it hard. Enjoyable part of the job was the few people that were great team players, patient to teach and train and hard working that helped us make it through the day.
Pros
Great People, Free food events
Cons
Lots of overtime
good
TRANSBORDER AGENT INTERMEDIATE (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 October 2017
Its a good place to work, learn and grow. People are very nice and polite. management is great and friendly. If you could get a job you will work and will know a lot about this place.
Productive and fun working environment.
Team member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 March 2013
Work starts at 8am everyday, after signing in there is a meeting where the team leader and sometimes the manager of the department greats everyone and talk about the orders of the day. There is always something new to learn and the co-workers are really helpful. the hardest part of the day will be the closing time, because you have to keep the same working pace all day and tired at the end. The best thing is the people there, they are very friendly and understanding.
Pros
3 breaks
Best place to work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 February 2018
It is one of the best place to work at. Everyone is busy with their work and most likely everyone has a proper goal at the end of the day to work upon
Pros
Neat and clean
Helped in shipping Sephora products
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 January 2018
During work, I had to answer phone calls and pack Sephora products to ship to consumers. Created customer-friendly environment at work. I had a great experience working there and enjoyed.
I have good team environment
IT Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2014
positive challenge is a typical day at work, i learned management style , my co-workers are the best .The hardest part of the job is resolved the IT issue as soon as I can .•the most enjoyable part of the job when user is happy .
Pros
project is very important for me
Cons
responsibility is very important for me
a busy/fast pace work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 January 2013
a non seasonal distribution company, you have to learn by yourself to approach any situation, handling multiple accounts while other handle single accounts not a balance assignment of work with a same position, a diversified environment of workers. multiple managers/management to report to but to top it all you meet a lot of people to interact with.
Learn lot of things
ORDER PICKER (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 June 2017
cooperation.team work,intreact with different kind of person.everything is manageable,management is so good and victoria the supervisior is my my favorite supervisior
IT Administration and end user support ‎
IT Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2014
• Over 7 years of experience in IT Administration and end user support ‎
• Supervising and coordinating setup of new circuits(PRI, MPLS, Internet), Phone ‎system ,Network connections, and PCs’ users at new DSV Office locations in Toronto ‎and Vancouver in 2013 ‎
• Migrating Domain Controllers, Mail servers, and Phone system to DATA Center in ‎Denmark and setup new environment for all users ‘account in 2014‎
• Excellent knowledge in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Windows ‎
‎(XP,7,8 ) , Windows server (2003, 2008) and Active Directory ‎
• Excellent knowledge in Exchange server administration (2007, 2010) ‎
• Very proficient with IP Phone server AVAYA and BlackBerry server (BES 5) ‎
• Strong understanding of networking fundamentals (routing/switching) and VPN ‎Remote ‎
• Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server and Access. Ability to design databases, queries ‎and generate custom reports