DSL Ltd. Employee Review

Twrrible place to work
Customer Service Representative / Parts (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 April 2017
Not a good place to work. Management is constantly changing. Four service mangers I a year. Company does not have proper documentation on police's ie how quartly bonus payments work. No room for over time. Any overtime is not paid out but banked till the slow seasons. Job security nonexistent while employed for about a year and half I saw 40 plus people let go. Mostly to that person's surprise and to the surprise of coworkers. Supervisors never know the answer to you questions and concerns, due to the change in staff all the time it feels that you have to teach you supervisor their job. Who is paid more the you. No room for advancement. Ask all the non supervisors position people there and most people have a fear of being the next person to be let go. All in all they do not put their employees 1st. Their customers are always 1st to the point where the employee suffers from this. Also if you are a person or morals, you have to tell half truths to customers on a daily basis. After a year and a half I took one thing away from DSL. They only concern is their books at end of month and nothing else. There is absolutely nothing positive to say about this company and if you are looking to be their customer of their products and services look else where. Their markup on price and what they charge is insanely high.
Pros
Free coffee.
Cons
Everythibg else

Other DSL Ltd. Employee Reviews

Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 June 2019
I worked there for two year and a lot has changed over that time. It’s a good place to work with lots of hour if you want them with overtime after 8 hrs. Company Trucks are new and good to drive and it mostly indoor work which is great in the winter. Lot of infield training if you know how to ask for it and are will to work and try. Over all I would recommend to give this place a try.
Pros
Free slush and ice cream, company truck, indoor work, good training
Cons
Fast passed, lot of travel
Technicians beware!
Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 May 2019
Get ready to suck up to everyone in the office. Otherwise you're not getting work or support. They undervalue good technicians while overvalued line towers are glorified.

If you're the kind of technician who fixes soldered electrical connections with tape, or have no problem bypassing safety interlock devices for the sake of keeping your job, then this is the place for you. Tow that line and you'll be fine.....unless you're needed as a sacrificial goat.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Everything else.
Official response from DSL Ltd.
21 May 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review DSL. We are an organization that takes pride in its supporting and caring for our technicians. DSL’s technicians are not only provided the opportunity to go to school and apprentice with DSL, they are also guided on pathways to learn new skills. It is unfortunate that you felt unsupported. We conduct several company culture surveys a year to gauge employee satisfaction and to give them an opportunity to express their opinions and ideas for improvement at DSL. We take these surveys seriously and use them as a guide to help make DSL a better place to work.
We aim to constantly recognize and provide room for growth at DSL to ensure technicians always feel valued and appreciated. We are proud of the fact that we are a privately-owned family business and our best practices for hiring or promotion are always based on the best candidate available. In addition to putting many technicians through apprenticeship programs, we have also promoted a team of quality leads in the field, as well as having promoted several recent Service Managers from roles as technicians in the field
At DSL Safety comes first, we ensure this by providing free safety training for all our technicians. Health and safety are a main priority that is constantly assessed and evaluated through spot checks and checklists that are required of technicians and management. We have a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to not following health and safety requirements. Please contact us with accurate examples of these dangerous activity’s so that we can be made aware of what may happen  more... and take the necessary corrective action.  less

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DSL Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.