DSI Underground

DSI Underground Employee Reviews

Learned new skills each week and worked with great people to manufacture world class mining products in Sudbury. The team was always willing to support on another.
No job security! They wouldnt know how to run a company if they were reading it from a how to manual. Worked for Mansour Mining until DSI bought them out. 3 months later they closed up shop and are moving it Sturgeon Falls. This is the second time they've done this in Sudbury. They closed the Lively plant a few years back as well.
Really bad place to work, no job security, management doesn’t Care about employees what so ever. Very negative work environment. I would not recommend applying here at all. Company laid off over 100 employees during a pandemic with no worry about there future or families. Disgraceful company.
They closed the plant, You cant apply there anymore, switching production to the sturgeon falls plant. I liked working graveyards, although we didn’t have a mechanic on our shift, great people on my shift
Le travail me convenait au départ mais j'étais à contrat sans assurance et je me suis fait jouer du violon par les patrons. Le travail en tant que tel est bien mais sans plus.
There was never enough work to keep you busy Promised a raise after 3 months and didn’t see one at all in my 7 months being there. Management was very unorganized always switching orders/job multiple times a day
Perfect job for someone looking for a fast passed environment. Very demanding job but rewarding at times. Overtime is available and different shifts as well.
After 1 a.m shift, I knew this wasn't a place for me. The supervisor thought she was smart by yelling at everyone. She placed her hands on me also..
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Horrible Morning Supervisor!
There is a strong disconnect between planning and production and between management and workers. Downsizing has promoted a culture of downloading responsibilities onto the floor staff without proper compensation.
Cons
Hired for rotating shifts but then told after hiring that you are stuck on nights.
it was decent and you are always busy, the people are great and the work is heavy. It's a good place to start out before you get into the mines. I always liked to see what the mine jobs work with before I tried to get into the mines.
Management have reasonable expectations of work to be done as they were trained from the ground up, and daily work was tough but reasonable. Comfortably sized building.