DRIVING FORCE Vehicle Rentals, Sales and Leasing

DRIVING FORCE Vehicle Rentals, Sales and Leasing Employee Reviews

The job itself is decent, the management on the other hand is appalling.
Rental Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby and Langley, BC1 March 2019
The Driving Force is very big on integrity. Unfortunately it's the number one thing they are lacking. They bring you in with promises of a future, promises of growth, only for you to find yourself continuously asking your managers, when is this going to happen? The job itself is great. My customers were amazing and I looked forward to going to work every day. So it was very disheartening to see the downfall of the locations I worked at. Letting people go without cause. Refusing to give long time employees deserving raises. Demoting employees for no reason. Forcing employees to work for 3 hours from the hours of 6am-9am ALONE while the office was open to the public.
Supervisors and managers love to gossip, but will also slap your wrists if you bring anything negative to their attention. You'll simply be told to "be the bigger person" regardless of what the situation is.
This company goes through employees like crazy. And there's a reason for it.
Oh, they have really really good benefits though.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
No integrity.
Former employee
Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 October 2018
To many staff trying to be managers when they are just rental agents, nepotism rampant and anyone not related is meant to feel they aren't worthy of job they earned on their own merits.

Management isn't fair to expecting people with families to work overtime at the last minute when managers know these people have family commitments that need time to be adjusted.

Driving the new cars, trucks, and vans daily is a nice benefit to working at DF. Making people pay into the monthly meal program when they don't participate in eating, or drinking at these functions isn't fair but what's worse is the cheques are deducted automatically and no choice is given. Also want to be managers mailing paystubs of employees because they don't like seeing them left behind punch cards.
Pros
Driving all types of vehicles
Cons
Micro managers who go out of their way to treat co-workers like they're dirt.
Good job for retired person
Out of Town Long Distance Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 June 2018
Flexible and accomdating good opportunity for retirement and extra income. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing many new locations within Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan.
Pros
Driving a huge variety of new vehicles
Cons
Not consistent for regular income
deltailing delivering vehicles
Detailer, Vehicle Delivery, Inspection (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 May 2018
It was a perfect job for a 18 year old, that needed more experience in the work environment. they help give the experience you need in the work environment
Great Place to work!
Rental Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 December 2017
This was a good company to work for. The team was supportive and full. The job was enjoyable and fun to be at. I was excited for work every morning and would recommend this company to my friends!
Great place to work, fantastic people to work with
Quality Control/Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 December 2017
Driving Force believes in taking care of their customers AND their employees. They pay people for what they are worth and everyone who works there enough has great benefits. They have a strong culture of respect and integrity. It is a fantastic place to work and there are more and more opportunities every day as they grow and expand.
Pros
Great benefits and By-weekly BBQ's
Cons
some times its slow.
Productive and fun environment with great leadership.
Quality Administrator (Former Employee) –  West1 June 2017
I enjoyed every Monday morning meeting where we talked about our goals and accomplishments. I found that starting the week off by encouraging each other was very productive. Also, this was an opportunity to make your team aware of deadlines and tasks, which is great for support as well.
Most days consisted of revamping or creating staff protocols for all tasks in every department, such a shipping, for example. Having these protocols updated in all areas ensured consistency of service throughout the company.
On occasion, I would attend meetings at other locations to gain insight into the regular processes of other departments.
Overall, I enjoyed working at Driving Force very much.
Pros
Great employee appreciation and encouragement
7 June 2017

Thank-you for the great feedback. I am glad to hear that you felt encouraged on a weekly basis during the Monday meetings. Best of luck in your future endeavors!

srayar@drivingforce.ca

productive busy place that is expanding fast
Driver/detailer (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 May 2017
work is fun people are really nice overall a good place to work at. I just can't stay because I want to follow my career path that I chose. The manager is really nice prolly the best boss you can have
7 June 2017

Thank you for your feedback! We wish you the best of luck on your career path!

Boring
Maintenance Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton18 April 2017
Not a good Place as a minority individual, no value in its employee's or work ethic's, another shut up and mind your own business as an employee. Very discouraging and discriminating company to its employee's
Pros
don't care to mention
Cons
don't care to mention
7 June 2017

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I encourage you to contact me directly to share the details of your experience.

Horrible Management
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 March 2017
Don't expect any communication from this company. Worst managed company ever. I would never suggest working for such a poorly managed company. They do not care about their people, they walk all over the good ones and guess what? The good ones leave and they don't give to sh*ts about them leaving. Do a bad job and it's "minor". Work here if you want no guidance, do as you please with no consequences and watch other people succeed that shouldn't.
Pros
Staff
7 June 2017

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I invite you to contact me directly to provide me with more information. At DRIVING FORCE, communication is very important and we are working on ways to communicate with our growing staff across the country. One of the ways that we do this is by asking for feedback from our annual employee cultural survey to ensure we are hearing from all employees on specific concerns.

Disturbing mangement
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 March 2017
It is a lie. they treat their employees like replaceable garbage specially Saskatoon Driving Force where I worked. Customers are ripped off with an excuse of a scratch on the car that Rental manager noticed after a week. Lol it is a horrible company if you want to save your money stay away from here.
Pros
Clean
Cons
Horrible management
14 March 2017

I am sorry to hear about your experience with DRIVING FORCE. I invite you to contact me directly to provide more information.

srayar@drivingforce.ca

I wouldn't work anywhere else.
Detailer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 March 2017
I have worked at Driving Force for about a year now and I love it. It's a good company and every day when I come to work I feel appreciated for the work I do.
I recently got a raise and I wasn't even expecting it! My manager notices all the hard work I do and that makes me want to work even harder.
Pros
wage, people
7 June 2017

Thank you for your feedback! I am happy to hear that your hard work is recognized and that you feel appreciated at DRIVING FORCE.

srayar@drivingforce.ca

Great culture and a growing company
Employee (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 March 2017
DRIVING FORCE has been a great place to work. The company is growing and it's exciting to come to work every day. The wages are really good and my manager is awesome!
I enjoy working with the people on my team and we have a lot of fun throughout the day. I would recommend DRIVING FORCE as a great place to work.
Pros
team, wages, growing company, stability
13 March 2017

Thank-you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying the culture and growth at DRIVING FORCE.

Human Resources Recruiter

Horrible management and no flexability
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 March 2017
I worked here as a detailer for a short period and I had to take time off for a trip that was booked before I got hired as a detailer. I triple checked with the company to make sure that it would still be ok for the time I needed off and every time they said it would be fine and that they understand people have lives outside of work and I was never late and always did my job. Next thing I know I show up for work one day and get fired because of "scheduling" issues even though they said it could be worked around. This company does not hold up their end and they are not true to their word. And I got let go by a manager I had never even met before in this company. Would not recommend working for them, management is a joke.
Pros
Nice people in the back and set shifts.
Cons
People upfront were rude and lack of communication during hiring process
13 March 2017

I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your employment at DRIVING FORCE. Thank-you for providing feedback. If you would like to share additional details with me, please feel free to contact me at srayar@drivingforce.ca. At DRIVING FORCE we are always striving to improve and exceed expectations.

Human Resources Recruiter

Do as we say, not as we do...
Sales/Leasing (Former Employee) –  Canada29 December 2016
Your happiness will depend on the branch you work in, some are great some are terrible. Also who your region manager is, will make a difference. Very little room for advancement if you're not interested in taking a promotion for a wage cut. Never again for me! Canada's Best Managed? Hmmm... I wouldn't want to see the worst!
Pros
Great Products
Cons
Terrible Mgmt, Two Faced Culture
A culture to envy
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 December 2016
DRIVING FORCE is the best company i have ever worked for. They provided me with training, school, mentor ship and a competitive salary.
13 March 2017

Thank-you for your feedback. We pride ourselves on employee professional development and will continue to invest in our employees.

Human Resources Recruiter

Loved my job as a detailer there until unappreciated
Sales detailer (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC30 August 2016
The company does not appreciate theit employees after 9 months and no consideration of a raise even being moved into sales detailing from rentals with more detailed duties no raise was given even. Do not recommend working here.
31 August 2016

August 31, 2016
Thank you for providing us with your feedback. I do want you to know that ensuring fair wages for all positions at all locations is a priority of our Senior Management team.

This year, the HR department completed wage surveys in every region that DRIVING FORCE operates in to ensure that our wages are competitive. Additionally, we enhanced our benefit program and significantly increased the employer contribution towards dental benefit premiums to ensure our employees got the most value from their total rewards.

As our wage surveys are based on position duties, it is possible that there may not have been an automatic increase in pay associated with a department transfer. However, we always encourage employees to give their Manager the opportunity to address their concerns. We are grateful for your service with DRIVING FORCE and appreciate your willingness to assist the Sales department when they needed help.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Megan Maltman, Human Resources Manager
780.641.1122 or mmaltman@drivingforce.ca

Driving Force
SERVICE ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 May 2016
- Automotive and medium duty service shop
- Servicing primarily Northern Alberta
- Customer Service driven
- Specializing in fleet truck orders for companies of all sizes
27 June 2016

Thank you for providing your feedback and highlighting a few of the key points about our Hino Central division. Kindly contact me at hr@drivingforce.ca, or 780.641.1122 if you have any further feedback. Alternatively, you are welcome to provide your feedback on your Exit Survey if you have not already done so. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Megan Maltman, Human Resources Manager

Experienced a great opportunity
hr assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 January 2016
I had the privilege of working with driving force for temporary assignment.
There is a family feel atmosphere and everyone makes an effort to make you feel welcomed. Management gave me room to get a feel of the new career choice, opportunity for extension, and recognition of the work i did.
Pros
opportunities, work-life balance, growing company
Also blindsided!
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 January 2016
Run for the hills! Although they state that they have an open door policy, that they're like family, and welcome open communication; they are lying!!!! Conversations about you as a person are held behind your back daily. I came to work early everyday and exceeded at my job, only to be let go without any warning.
Pros
Cons
Salary, co-workers, and management
25 January 2016

January 25, 2016

Thank you for providing your feedback. We are very sorry to read that you had concerns about your exit from the company that were unexpected and hope that you have considered all feedback received, including at your regular Partnership Program check-ins held with your supervisor. I would really appreciate hearing more about your concerns so we can work to improve the employee experience for everyone at DRIVING FORCE.

At DRIVING FORCE, we truly take our core values of: Integrity, Respect, Commitment and Passion to heart. We need our team members to uphold those values and share our commitment to exceeding our customer's expectations. It is essential to our future success that we preserve our unique and positive culture.

Kindly contact me at hr@drivingforce.ca, or 780.641.1122 so we can discuss this further. Alternatively, you are welcome to provide your feedback on your Exit Survey if you have not already done so. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Megan Maltman
Human Resources Manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DRIVING FORCE Vehicle Rentals, Sales and Leasing. Our community is ready to answer.

DRIVING FORCE Vehicle Rentals, Sales and Leasing Reviews by Location