DRIVING FORCE Vehicle Rentals, Sales and Leasing

DRIVING FORCE Vehicle Rentals, Sales and Leasing Employee Reviews

Canada40 reviews
Leasing Manager was great...always wanting to help. Team mates were good. Only negative thing I could say is that other staff complain about other staff and it’s kinda junior high school.
This company used to be amazing. I left the first time because I moved across country and was not able to stay. There were the company that I worried I would never find another one to work for that was as good as they were. They used to care about their employees and do trips to Banff and fun day like cake on the first day of the month to celebrate birthdays, lots of BBQ’s and potlucks. It was the kind of stuff that made coming to work so much fun and made you feel like the company appreciate their employees. Unfortunately things have change in 5 years. They took all the fun appreciation stuff away, now you are overworked, under paid and left feeling burnt out. They expect you to go above and beyond for their customers but don’t treat their employees very well, I gave a months notice both times. The first time I worked it completely until the end. This time I was let go after a week and was told they always let people go after a week when they give their notice because employees disengage after they give their notice. When I talked to HR I was told they can let me go if they don’t need me anymore, which they did still need me. It was month end and I was helping train two people to replace me. I also know my manager had put in a request to hire another person for our team because she knew we were getting burnt out, someone above her in upper management cancelled the request. But upper management was quick to want to add more to our plates. They don’t care about the mental health of their employees. Most of the employees their are constantly looking for new jobs. The stress is - more...
Cons
Stressful, burnt out, don’t pay overtime, you get time off instead.
DRIVING FORCE has an amazing culture that is very collaborative. Encourages entrepreneur mentality. Very proactive in initiatives and great customer service.

In my position there was no such thing as a typical day; management is very supportive of career goals and looks for opportunities for their employees.

As a growing company it was challenging and exciting to stay on top of the changing landscape of initiatives.
people are good to work with but management tends to keep avoiding issues that you might have and will not take the time to approach you on a concern. So if you aren't willing to keep pushing the concerns they will keep ignoring you hoping maybe after awhile you will just get sick of asking and drop the subject on your own.Don't expect to have reviews for your performance done when was specified either.There is no way to EVER get any kind of raises for your hard work there either cause it will never happen.Personally I was there way too long hoping and waiting for the tide to turn pay wise but it never did and never would've.
29 November 2019
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear about your experience and encourage you to contact me directly to share the details of your experience.

apetras@drivingforce.ca
I hadn't worked in about a year and I was genuinely excited to work here. The people I worked with are nice. We worked in a tiny office of 3-4 people and since it was summer it would be blistering hot. It was really sad seeing a coworker having to book time off around her work schedule. I had a mental breakdown and the final straw was my manager telling me my conservative clothes weren't appropriate ( but they were lol)
29 November 2019
I am sorry to hear about your experience. I encourage you to contact me directly if you wish to share further details. Thank you for your feedback and we wish you all the best in the future.

apetras@drivingforce.ca
Wages make it difficult to stay. The environment is fun to work in. Good management. Enjoyed driving their well taken care of vehicles. Hard to know when you're not doing a good job as they won't warn you really
29 November 2019
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback on what you enjoyed and how we can improve.

apetras@drivingforce.ca
Working for driving force was extremely unpleasant. Favourites is a huge thing in this work place. Labourer laws not followed. Bullying is an everyday thing but if it’s the bosses favourite it doesn’t matter! Just save yourself the stress and bs and don’t even bother. If the pay was good then mayb it’s be a little more bearable but it’s not.
29 November 2019
Thank for your feedback. I am sorry to hear you had a negative experience and encourage you to contact me directly if you wish to share more details.

apetras@drivingforce.ca
very great place and people . Happy atmosphere and organized . Really like working here driving new cars and trucks all over Edmonton and surrounding area . The training is organized and gets you rolling .
Pros
just being in a Happy environment and the BBQs
Cons
this is not one con its a easy job and but can get busy .
29 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and give us feedback, we appreciate it.

Recruitment Coordinator
It's exciting to deal with all the new models of every type of vehicle. Lots of trucks and companies requiring them. Good people who mean to do well. Lots of sales
One of the best places I have ever worked at
They actually care about their employees

They manage their teams appropriately

Excellent employee programs and incentives
The Driving Force is very big on integrity. Unfortunately it's the number one thing they are lacking. They bring you in with promises of a future, promises of growth, only for you to find yourself continuously asking your managers, when is this going to happen? The job itself is great. My customers were amazing and I looked forward to going to work every day. So it was very disheartening to see the downfall of the locations I worked at. Letting people go without cause. Refusing to give long time employees deserving raises. Demoting employees for no reason. Forcing employees to work for 3 hours from the hours of 6am-9am ALONE while the office was open to the public.
Supervisors and managers love to gossip, but will also slap your wrists if you bring anything negative to their attention. You'll simply be told to "be the bigger person" regardless of what the situation is.

This company goes through employees like crazy. And there's a reason for it.

Oh, they have really really good benefits though.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
No integrity.
While maintaining a professional, work-minded environment, most of the staff is able to keep a light-hearted nature, and are still able to get the job done to the best of their abilities.
Pros
Occasional free lunches, long lunches, good group of people
To many staff trying to be managers when they are just rental agents, nepotism rampant and anyone not related is meant to feel they aren't worthy of job they earned on their own merits.

Management isn't fair to expecting people with families to work overtime at the last minute when managers know these people have family commitments that need time to be adjusted.

Driving the new cars, trucks, and vans daily is a nice benefit to working at DF. Making people pay into the monthly meal program when they don't participate in eating, or drinking at these functions isn't fair but what's worse is the cheques are deducted automatically and no choice is given. Also want to be managers mailing paystubs of employees because they don't like seeing them left behind punch cards.
Pros
Driving all types of vehicles
Cons
Micro managers who go out of their way to treat co-workers like they're dirt.
Flexible and accomdating good opportunity for retirement and extra income. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing many new locations within Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan.
Pros
Driving a huge variety of new vehicles
Cons
Not consistent for regular income
It was a perfect job for a 18 year old, that needed more experience in the work environment. they help give the experience you need in the work environment
This was a good company to work for. The team was supportive and full. The job was enjoyable and fun to be at. I was excited for work every morning and would recommend this company to my friends!
Driving Force believes in taking care of their customers AND their employees. They pay people for what they are worth and everyone who works there enough has great benefits. They have a strong culture of respect and integrity. It is a fantastic place to work and there are more and more opportunities every day as they grow and expand.
Pros
Great benefits and By-weekly BBQ's
Cons
some times its slow.
I enjoyed every Monday morning meeting where we talked about our goals and accomplishments. I found that starting the week off by encouraging each other was very productive. Also, this was an opportunity to make your team aware of deadlines and tasks, which is great for support as well.
Most days consisted of revamping or creating staff protocols for all tasks in every department, such a shipping, for example. Having these protocols updated in all areas ensured consistency of service throughout the company.

On occasion, I would attend meetings at other locations to gain insight into the regular processes of other departments.

Overall, I enjoyed working at Driving Force very much.
Pros
Great employee appreciation and encouragement
7 June 2017
Thank-you for the great feedback. I am glad to hear that you felt encouraged on a weekly basis during the Monday meetings. Best of luck in your future endeavors!

srayar@drivingforce.ca
work is fun people are really nice overall a good place to work at. I just can't stay because I want to follow my career path that I chose. The manager is really nice prolly the best boss you can have
7 June 2017
Thank you for your feedback! We wish you the best of luck on your career path!

srayar@drivingforce.ca
Not a good Place as a minority individual, no value in its employee's or work ethic's, another shut up and mind your own business as an employee. Very discouraging and discriminating company to its employee's
Pros
don't care to mention
Cons
don't care to mention
7 June 2017
I am sorry to hear about your experience. I encourage you to contact me directly to share the details of your experience.

srayar@drivingforce.ca
Don't expect any communication from this company. Worst managed company ever. I would never suggest working for such a poorly managed company. They do not care about their people, they walk all over the good ones and guess what? The good ones leave and they don't give to sh*ts about them leaving. Do a bad job and it's "minor". Work here if you want no guidance, do as you please with no consequences and watch other people succeed that shouldn't.
Pros
Staff
7 June 2017
I am sorry to hear about your experience. I invite you to contact me directly to provide me with more information. At DRIVING FORCE, communication is very important and we are working on ways to communicate with our growing staff across the country. One of the ways that we do this is by asking for feedback from our annual employee cultural survey to ensure we are hearing from all employees on specific concerns.

srayar@drivingforce.ca
Ask a question about working or interviewing at DRIVING FORCE Vehicle Rentals, Sales and Leasing. Our community is ready to answer.
DRIVING FORCE Vehicle Rentals, Sales and Leasing Reviews by Location