DriverCheck Inc. Employee Reviews

A great place to work
Booking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ayr, ON9 November 2018
The job itself is challenging as there is a ton of information to take in, but the entire department/company is an incredible support system to get you through it and everyone is always willing to help. DriverCheck is a family company, so keeping that family feel as it expands is so important. You truly feel like you are part of the family. I will walk down the hallway and see any one of the founders of the company and they will stop to chat with me. They really care about who you are as a person. I could stop in to my CEO's office right now and have a conversation with her if I wanted and she'd talk to me like I was a lifelong friend. I've never felt so happy and accomplished at a job before. If you come to work ready to do your best, you will be rewarded because you get what you give. Management feedback is great, they are very easy to talk to and share concerns with.
They will always take you seriously and put a plan in place to assist you to get to where you need to be. There is always room for advancement and what I love about this company is that they go by fitness for the job, not seniority. I've been here six months and I'm settling in for the long haul because I know I can grow and go far with this company. And our department managers are the nicest, most caring people who genuinely want to know you on a personal level and are always down for a life chat. You spend so much time at work, you might as well work for a company who wants to be your second family.
Pros
We're always having potlucks, Everyone is extremely approachable, Management is friendly and understanding, Opportunity for advancement is limitless, Shift premiums for hours worked after 5pm or on weekends
Cons
Rotating shifts- some weeks you work until 8pm, Compensation is fair but there is room for improvement
Fun place to work where hard work is appreciated.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ayr, ON8 November 2018
We work hard but we have a good laugh too. My team is the best! So helpful and always comes together. My managers are supportive and a always have an open door.
Pros
Supportive and fun working environment.
Cons
Company is growing very fast.
Bad management
Booking Agent (Former Employee) –  Ayr, ON19 October 2018
Management act like they care about the employees but really they dont, if you don’t catch on right away or are a slow learner they will let you go and say you aren’t a good fit, or you are not customer service oriented. They take the easy way out instead of actually working with employees in area’s they struggle. I was very disappointed in the way the company was ran.
Pros
Employees work hard and work as a team.
Cons
Management is the worst.
Toxic Environment
Negative Results Staff (Former Employee) –  Ayr, ON30 May 2018
In the last year I worked there, they let go of more than 5 people. Regularly ditch employees after their one year contract is up. One person was informed they were let go simply because they aren't well liked. Management gives special preference to their own work-life balance, but if you have kids and are new there, don't expect any sympathy if you're stuck working every evening, weekend, and when your kid is sick. Since working there, I've met a few other people who have had similar experiences. There is a reason this company is ALWAYS ALWAYS HIRING. Their turnover rate is high.
Pros
Good wages and benefits
Cons
Toxic viper pit
Very family oriented
Collection Sites Administration Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ayr, ON30 April 2018
Enjoyable atmosphere. Fun things monthly for the staff like lunches, treats, gifts every so often. Clean and updated environment. Very call-centre feel in regards to incoming call volume
Not just a number!! Part of the TEAM!!!
Drug & Alcohol Tech (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, On17 April 2018
I am a current employee of DriverCheck over 3 years and love my job! It is an energizing place to work, with many learning opportunities. Which shines through with the staff. The co-workers are a great bunch of people. There is always room for advancement. The Supervisors always take the time to speak with you. It is a great open door policy.
All training is provided for the different services offered at the clinic. Hours are great Monday-Friday. If you are looking for a dynamic place to work, with fantastic co-workers DCC has it all!! From the owners to my Supervisor-you are treated like family!! It is refreshing to work with a company that is so committed to the well being of their employees.
My supervisors and Team Lead have provided me with honest feedback in my reviews. This has allowed me to grow professionally and apply for other positions within the company and that in itself is incredible.
DriverCheck has an awesome culture and I am proud to be part of it!
Horrible place to work
Clinic Technician (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 April 2018
Kitchener location is full of nepotism and a passive aggressive team leader that really did not lead by example by any means. Fingerprinting training is a joke as there was lack there of and when mistakes were made, you were to blame. Do yourself a favor and stay away if you know whats best for you. Job description had reception duties, but when I started at the clinic the supervisor told me to not learn reception as they were in the middle of getting one and then had me sit at reception for 2 days, but expected me not to learn it. Wow.
Pros
No weekends unless on call
Cons
Bad work environment at clinic
Great place to work!
Clinic Staff (Current Employee) –  Alberta9 November 2017
I am a current employee of a few years. I love my job! DriverCheck is careful to consider personalities in addition to the typical experience and skills etc when hiring, it shows! The owners make a point of trying to make us feel appreciated and part of the family, even as the company has moments of growing pains. For example: I know they made every effort to not lay off staff in the recent economic downturn. I work hard for them because I feel appreciated, consided and cared about. I know I'm not just "a number". The culture is hard to beat!
The pay may not be as great as Union run places but to me, the "Bankers" hours are totally worth it!
When you first start, the learning curve can be pretty steep but with time, it evens out. After all you get trained on a unique set of skills, that gets your foot in the door in the Occupational Health Testing field , all it costs is your time (already being spent at work) . All the staff I have experienced with training are happy to help and make the transition comfortable.
The biggest drawback I've noticed is I don't think notice is given when someone is being let go.
Pros
Culture, feeling appreciated, bankers hours, co-workers, unique training, work indoors, refferal$, new paid sick days, benefits
Cons
Benefits are out of pocket and limited, no scheduled coffee breaks, mobiles done by clinic staff
Great people
Customer Service - Collection Sites Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ayr, ON8 November 2017
Working at DriverCheck was a good experience, the people are great to work with. I enjoyed the client relationships that I was able to build during my time.
Pretty great and growing!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Ayr, ON14 October 2017
the culture is genuine, the management team wants to improve engagement and are certainly taking steps to do that they are INCLUDING the staff in that process which is amazing! I can see how my daily work contributes to the entire organization success, i do feel that i play an important role. We can see they are making a concerted effort to close the gap between Alberta and Ontario.

My supervisors and managers have provided me with honest feedback and allowed me to grow professionally and that in itself is amazing.

The work can be demanding but with all the initiatives, incentives and positive feedback about my performance I want to give it my all. I am proud to work for DriverCheck Inc.
Pros
Amazing culture from the top down
Cons
some work to be done on procedures
Wonderful growing company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ayr, ON13 October 2017
I love working for this company. The owners are a great family who have made their company succeed and want to see all the employees succeed too. For a small company they have great incentives. They pay $400 to employees who refer other employees. They are flying in all the staff from Alberta to come to the Christmas party in November! The culture is really relaxed, but they do have stressful times when volumes are getting high. There are things that aren't built that need to be but that is all in good time.
Pros
welcoming, friendly, and happy to be at work
Cons
Long training process but has good support
Just stay away
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Ayr, ON24 October 2016
I was hired through a temp agency and had great hope for my position at data entry. It turns out the " trainer" had only been with the company for 2 months and was hired as a trainer!?!
I was not supposed to question anything! Fax copies that were to be read were blurred and we were made to guess at the companies and donors. I have never seen a more disorganized and truly poorly run company in my life. They also don't tell you when you start that you will be on call every second Sunday. You will only be paid for the on call if you clock in. So you can sit around all day and not be able to do anything, just in case!
Great people to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ayr, ON26 October 2015
Small family company
Interesting work
Fast paced - day goes very fast
Great co-workers
Good work environment
Management is understanding
Challenging work
Pros
Great job
Cons
Low pay
Not if you're serious about a career
Office administrator & technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 September 2015
I worked for this company for over 3 years. There was no room for advancement, constant working outside of normal business hours when it was busy. You were always handed more work, which wasn't part of your job.
There was no sick time, benefits you had to pay for. No back up staff when someone was sick.
Nothing ever improved with this company, things only got worse. There is no job security, as most of the revenue is based on the oil industry.
They have no problem having one staff work alone, and have you running the entire office.
Management is terrible.
If you're serious about a career, look else where.
Tech/admin/everything (Former Employee) –  Alberta2 September 2015
This is a very poor managed company.

Clinic supervisors have zero authority to make any decisions, it's all dictated by head office in Ontario.
Alberta employees have no sick days, you are only entitled to vacation after one year. The benefits are terrible, you pay out of pocket for that.
There is no room for advancement. They just throw more work at you with no extra pay. You basically do the job of 2 or more people.
They say overtime is rare, but that's not the case when it's busy.
They put budget over employee safety.
There is rarely any staff appreciation, unless you work in Ontario.
They ask for input on how to improve things, but no suggestions are ever taken seriously.
They sell it as a well run, family oriented company, that's not the case.

If you are looking for a long term stable employer, look else where.
Pros
Cons
Poorly run, no room for advancement, no staff appreciation
Steer clear if you are serious about a career
Everything (Former Employee) –  Alberta10 August 2015
This company sells itself as a well run, family oriented company. They make it seem like they are well established. It has so many problems. Staff turn over is quite high.

Management:
Some clinic managers are excellent, however they have no authority to do anything. Everything is dictated from Ontario, some of the clinic managers are rarely in the office
Head office is poorly organized.They are based in Ontario, they have no idea what goes on in Alberta
They change policy way too frequently
They put budget above employee safety
Takes months to get an answer on anything, they're always "working on it"

Benefits/time off:
Terrible benefits, you pay out of pocket for coverage. It's mandatory unless you have proof of other active coverage
You get no sick days (in Alberta)
You given minimal vacation time when you are first employed. What you are given is only eligible after one year of employment.

Raises/advancements:
They do not give their employees raises
There are no advancements
You are constantly working outside business hours (even though they sell it to you as very rarely)
There is no staff appreciation

Marketing/sales:
Poorly run
Surrounding businesses do not know what this company is
They make unreasonable promises to clients
They're more concerned about revenue

Office equipment:
Rarely works
Out of date
Unreliable
Office environment is out of date and dirty

Overall, if you like being lied to, over worked and underpaid then sure this is a great place.
If you want a company that is well run, and cares about their employees then
  more... you need to look elsewhere.  less
Cons
Unorganized, over worked, underpaid, no room for advancement
Great co-workers and flexibily
Collection Site Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Ayr, Ontario18 July 2015
I enjoyed my time working at DriverCheck, a good company who cares about their employees. They are understanding and flexible of family time. A very busy atmosphere where I learned a lot about occupational testing for medical services, drug and alcohol testing. I also learned how to prioritize action items. My co-workers were great.
Pros
Friendships made
Easy going laid back environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ayr, ON13 August 2013
Working at Drivercheck Inc.was like working with family. All the co-workers and managers were very easy to talk to regarding any problems that had come about whether it was work related or personal. I unfortunately had to leave the company due to a change in circumstances at home and therefore I started working from home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DriverCheck Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

DriverCheck Inc. Reviews by Location