DriverCheck Inc.

DriverCheck Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada29 reviews
It's an office job
They are serious when they indicate being an administrative position, and that determines the cost. It's a good environment of workers, just not the best interest for nurses.
Great Place to Work
I cant believe there are so many negative reviews on here. This company is great to work for and really does appriciate all the hard work you put in. Are there staff who dont get along? Sure! Have you ever worked somewhere with 0 conflict? Probably not! If you come, put in a good effort, do your job and lend a hand when needed you will do great at this company! I absolutly love working here.
Toxic work environment, low pay, poor morale
Highly do not recommend applying to this company. The work environment is essentially a microcosm of the high school bully and clique mentality. The pay is terrible. There is no support from management, and you are exploited by the upper management team who promotes “family” values, aka wants YOU to be loyal but they do not return the favour.

The pay is abysmal, you are micromanaged to the second, there is no training provided. Most people working in the booking department have been there for less than 2 years and their turnover rates are ridiculously high; that should tell you all you need to know about the company.

This company is not for people who are looking for a career. It is full of people who lack ambition, and are only at drivercheck until they find a better job.

Look ANYWHERE else.
Better than most
Out of all the places I have worked DriverCheck is one of the better places. They invest in their employees growth in the company and attempt to work with as much transparency with upper management as possible. The environment can be toxic at times and there is definite favoritism showed.
Pros
Great work-life balance, set hours, competitive pay
Cons
Clique-like environment, no pension
Incredible, family oriented work culture! Great team environment! Love it!
I have worked at DriverCheck for 11 years and have grown personally and professionally. Well managed company and they invest in employees growth and well being. Company is always growing and changing which keeps things interesting and allows for new opportunities. Family business that cares about their employees. I have worked many places and none compare to the experience at DriverCheck. Highly recommend, we work hard and are appreciated for our efforts.
Owners are amazing
I don't want to put a review, my relationship with the company is bitter sweet. You get a long with all co-workers but management is not exactly honest.
Don’t waste your time!
Management changed and new “manager” and every upper mgmt didn’t have a clue.
EVERY (contractor) pay was incorrect and when I questioned, was just not given more work.

Never quit, just phased out and ignored completely!
Drivercheck only cares about their business, not employees
They state they are a family centered business, but they only care about making money. Becomes very evident that they believe employees are easily replaced.
Pros
Cons
Employees are easily replaceable
Extremely unprofessional management
This place is always hiring. Constant turnover. They have a weird way of picking applicants only to fire them shortly after. Work culture can be toxic here, very "cliquey", and the guy who does the hiring was awful at his job. I had to chase him to even get the interview, because he said he would call and then he didn't! Talk about a time waster.

What they don't tell you is you have to be on call for Sundays, and if you don't do everything exactly the way they tell you to do it (no matter if its incorrect) you will get reprimanded. They also tried to put me on a different job than I was hired for, but told me NOT to learn it as I was only going to do it temporarily? How does that make sense, do this but don't do a good job at it? Laughable.

Always be aware of places that are always hiring, there's a reason for it!
great company to work for
great management, great company and amazing people... great company spirit and family events for the employees. good parks but the wages can be better
No support if they don't like you they don't help you.supervisors and managers push to hard but not help new employee where they are struggling.
There is a reason this company is always hiring. Instead of investing in their employees they just fire them an say your just not a fit or your customer service skills aren't what driver check is looking for. With this company you are either in or out and far as office environment goes. So glad that I wasn't a fit.
Pros
Cons
To many to list ..run do not work here. I would rather be on welfare then work here.
A great place to work
The job itself is challenging as there is a ton of information to take in, but the entire department/company is an incredible support system to get you through it and everyone is always willing to help. DriverCheck is a family company, so keeping that family feel as it expands is so important. You truly feel like you are part of the family. I will walk down the hallway and see any one of the founders of the company and they will stop to chat with me. They really care about who you are as a person. I could stop in to my CEO's office right now and have a conversation with her if I wanted and she'd talk to me like I was a lifelong friend. I've never felt so happy and accomplished at a job before. If you come to work ready to do your best, you will be rewarded because you get what you give. Management feedback is great, they are very easy to talk to and share concerns with.
They will always take you seriously and put a plan in place to assist you to get to where you need to be. There is always room for advancement and what I love about this company is that they go by fitness for the job, not seniority. I've been here six months and I'm settling in for the long haul because I know I can grow and go far with this company. And our department managers are the nicest, most caring people who genuinely want to know you on a personal level and are always down for a life chat. You spend so much time at work, you might as well work for a company who wants to be your second family.
Pros
We're always having potlucks, Everyone is extremely approachable, Management is friendly and understanding, Opportunity for advancement is limitless, Shift premiums for hours worked after 5pm or on weekends
Cons
Rotating shifts- some weeks you work until 8pm, Compensation is fair but there is room for improvement
Fun place to work where hard work is appreciated.
We work hard but we have a good laugh too. My team is the best! So helpful and always comes together. My managers are supportive and a always have an open door.
Pros
Supportive and fun working environment.
Cons
Company is growing very fast.
Bad management
Management act like they care about the employees but really they dont, if you don’t catch on right away or are a slow learner they will let you go and say you aren’t a good fit, or you are not customer service oriented. They take the easy way out instead of actually working with employees in area’s they struggle. I was very disappointed in the way the company was ran.
Pros
Employees work hard and work as a team.
Cons
Management is the worst.
Only a casual worker.
I've Learned a lot from driver check, but with only slim hours i get i need to time something a little more secure and promising, Need a full time position
Toxic Environment
In the last year I worked there, they let go of more than 5 people. Regularly ditch employees after their one year contract is up. One person was informed they were let go simply because they aren't well liked. Management gives special preference to their own work-life balance, but if you have kids and are new there, don't expect any sympathy if you're stuck working every evening, weekend, and when your kid is sick. Since working there, I've met a few other people who have had similar experiences. There is a reason this company is ALWAYS ALWAYS HIRING. Their turnover rate is high.
Pros
Good wages and benefits
Cons
Toxic viper pit
Very family oriented
Enjoyable atmosphere. Fun things monthly for the staff like lunches, treats, gifts every so often. Clean and updated environment. Very call-centre feel in regards to incoming call volume
Not just a number!! Part of the TEAM!!!
I am a current employee of DriverCheck over 3 years and love my job! It is an energizing place to work, with many learning opportunities. Which shines through with the staff. The co-workers are a great bunch of people. There is always room for advancement. The Supervisors always take the time to speak with you. It is a great open door policy.
All training is provided for the different services offered at the clinic. Hours are great Monday-Friday. If you are looking for a dynamic place to work, with fantastic co-workers DCC has it all!! From the owners to my Supervisor-you are treated like family!! It is refreshing to work with a company that is so committed to the well being of their employees.

My supervisors and Team Lead have provided me with honest feedback in my reviews. This has allowed me to grow professionally and apply for other positions within the company and that in itself is incredible.

DriverCheck has an awesome culture and I am proud to be part of it!
Horrible place to work
Kitchener location is full of nepotism and a passive aggressive team leader that really did not lead by example by any means. Fingerprinting training is a joke as there was lack there of and when mistakes were made, you were to blame. Do yourself a favor and stay away if you know whats best for you. Job description had reception duties, but when I started at the clinic the supervisor told me to not learn reception as they were in the middle of getting one and then had me sit at reception for 2 days, but expected me not to learn it. Wow.
Pros
No weekends unless on call
Cons
Bad work environment at clinic
Great place to work!
I am a current employee of a few years. I love my job! DriverCheck is careful to consider personalities in addition to the typical experience and skills etc when hiring, it shows! The owners make a point of trying to make us feel appreciated and part of the family, even as the company has moments of growing pains. For example: I know they made every effort to not lay off staff in the recent economic downturn. I work hard for them because I feel appreciated, consided and cared about. I know I'm not just "a number". The culture is hard to beat!
The pay may not be as great as Union run places but to me, the "Bankers" hours are totally worth it!

When you first start, the learning curve can be pretty steep but with time, it evens out. After all you get trained on a unique set of skills, that gets your foot in the door in the Occupational Health Testing field , all it costs is your time (already being spent at work) . All the staff I have experienced with training are happy to help and make the transition comfortable.

The biggest drawback I've noticed is I don't think notice is given when someone is being let go.
Pros
Culture, feeling appreciated, bankers hours, co-workers, unique training, work indoors, refferal$, new paid sick days, benefits
Cons
Benefits are out of pocket and limited, no scheduled coffee breaks, mobiles done by clinic staff
Great people
Working at DriverCheck was a good experience, the people are great to work with. I enjoyed the client relationships that I was able to build during my time.