Dream Unlimited Employee Reviews

Strong, hard-working, detail-focused team work in an open office setting
REIT Administrative Assistant (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2018
Gained familiarity with JDE Edwards software, lease documentation and storage, as well as general financial administration and organization. Workplace culture was open-spaced, collaborative and friendly, time-focused, capable and positive. Lots of sitting, typing, filing and labelling, but with a great time and wonderful environment! A real privilege to work for DREAM Co.!
On contract, loving it. Wish they had full time permanent position.
PROPERTY ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee) –  Toronto8 March 2018
Great management team in accounting, excellent corporate culture. Would love to be hired for a full time position in this company. Corporate culture has vastly improved since last time I was at this company formerly known as Dundee Realty.
Good location.
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 February 2018
Poor management if your not a yes person you will not go far. Different rules depending on who you are and who you are related to in the company. Stay far away!
If you need a job.....
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2018
If you need a job, and can't find anything else, this is the place for you.

Very biased company. If you are a favourite employee, you get the world handed to you and roles that you are not qualified for. Which is great as they train you, but do not expect to make it to this category.

Two CEO's to run five separate public companies, one is really in charge as the major shareholder in everything.

Very low pay for the hours worked. As they have eliminated staff, the jobs just pile onto those left. The staff left are tired and unappreciated, and looking for another job.
Pros
The best I can do besides amazing coworkers in the same boat....free soda and coffee?
Not a respectable workplace
Assistant Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto16 January 2018
People with under 3 years experience are being promoted to Property Manager
Senior Management make bad decisions
Low Pay and simplistic benefits
Managers do not motivate employees
People with very little accounting and finance experience are managing budgets
The VP of property management who manages huge budgets had to go back to school for an Introduction to Accounting Course ...enough said right there
Pros
Cons
Senior Management Incompetent
Relaxed but a bit chaotic due to selling off of Assets
Summer Internship (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 December 2017
Interesting relaxed company to work for, great support from coworkers. Low employee morale at the time due decisions at the top. Pretty chill spot to start out as a intern for the summer though.
Pros
Relaxed work enviorment
Cons
Ability to pick up new or practice related skills a little limited
New and improved version of Dundee Realty
Property Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2017
Very fancy office in Scotia Plaza. Free soft drinks, juices and fruits. Management is easy going and work life balance is great. So overall a pretty decent place to work.
Lack of forward thinking and negative culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2017
The company stresses how it values the employees and preaches a culture where employees are supported and empowered. However, the senior executive team does not lead by example and will talk down to the employees as a habit. It is unfortunate as the company could show more appreciation and should make employees feel valued. Often times, 80% of the employees work long hours but no recognition is given or at the very least, a show of appreciation.
Pros
convenient location
Cons
Executive leaders show no appreciation to good employees
Underpaid, overworked
Analyst (Former Employee) –  National4 February 2017
Every group is different so can be a hit or a miss. Management has favorites who can do no wrong. Cliquey high school atmosphere and low growth opportunities
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Discussed above
Comfortable work environment, good employ benefits
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2016
The company provides with comfortable work environment and good employ benefits. Employees have good relationship with one another.
Interesting Place To Work
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  National, Varied Locations25 October 2016
A company that tries really hard
Overall not a bad experience
Continues to develop its operating platform
More of buyer & seller
Pros
Good Corporate Info Session
Cons
Systems and Support Needs Work & Polish
Great people and culture
Corporate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2016
It was a great place to work in terms of team was very supportive, friendly and took time to train you and get to know you. The company had a lot of fun company events as well, Only downside to company would say is management was slow to make changes with rapidly growing company and didn't offer growth/developmental opportunities to staff (lack of promotion opportunities) and felt some departments were cliquey.
Pros
Company events, people, culture
Cons
Cliquey, politics and lack of growth opportunities for internal staff
Happy to be with this company
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 May 2016
I am so happy I finally found a great company to work for, especially after making a career change into Real Estate. I quickly felt at home and continue to get so much support from coworkers and management. They help with career advancement and continuing education. Will be here for years to come!
Pros
Team building activities, diverse work load
Cons
None so far
Great Place to work
Senior Property Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2016
Great work and personal life balance. Not a lot of overtime required and balance work and personal life very well. The culture has change and a lot of processes improved.
Applicants Beware
Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 April 2016
A typical at work is get to meet valued tenants/clients/ and get their requests completed as soon as possible. Learned a lot about budgeting. Management - lots of power struggle within and supervisors are so inexperienced and it's really hard for everyone to do their job and this is because of cutbacks in everything ie. overtime, service vehicles etc. The hardest part of the job is trying to deal with these situation everyday. Not really enjoying in my job right now and I think I need a fresh start.
Pros
Glad still have a job
Cons
Lots
Really great experience in a highly professional work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 February 2016
This job provided me with ongoing professional experience in the administrative field. The workplace is full of highly motivated and well educated individuals who know the real estate industry from the inside out, and it was a pleasure to work with them all.
Pros
Free drinks, flexible work hours
Cons
N/a
Growing company with fresh ideas
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2016
Typical day at work would be me coming in and checking my email and seeing what I have scheduled for the day. Then I would attend my meetings and make any changes to any Project Schedule and or plans that I have.
Management can be a little misguiding at times because I was pulled in all sorts of directions and wasn't sure which way to go.
My Co-workers were great and extremely supportive and helpful with anything that I needed.
The hardest part of the job was to have more structure in my projects because it was a very laid-back organization whose PMO was growing.
Building Operators Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON5 December 2015
Dream is a very great to work , the people and culture is also fun. My Co-workers and I get along well . The hardest part of my Job is when we have 5 or more projects going and we have to follow up with contractors to finish on time.
Great overall tenant and real estate experience
Building Operator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 March 2014
light maintenance,plumbing,electrical
Fan Coild unit PM's
HVAC maintenance
blowdowns

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dream Unlimited. Our community is ready to answer.