Drake International Pay & Benefits reviews

not a good company
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 October 2018
I worked there for less than a year and we went through two managers. High turn over rate for the office staff.
Expected to work over time with no pay
High Management is a nightmare
No raises or bonus even if you hit your targets
Shift work. Difficult but fulfilling.
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 September 2018
Shift work was difficult to get used to. Very exceptional compensation for a labor job. Friendly management, and hard working employees. The community was the best part; many friendly people with different backgrounds from all over the world.
Pros
Positive work environment, safety was priority.
Cons
Shift work
Productive place
Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2018
Many job opportunities. And good salary. Amazing staff and members. Okay with location. Nice commisiion and other things basically the many of the staff members.
Alright Company
General Labourer (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 July 2018
Working with Drake I was only offered one job but that job lasted a few weeks before they had to close for the season. It paid very good and was weekly pay.

The problems being they weren't located in my city, I had a meeting at the workplace, later finding out their office was a few cities away. Also that they never offered another job after the first even after getting sending a email to them.
Pros
Nice pay.
Cons
Not always responsive.
Great Place to learn new skills
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 January 2018
salary was ok. Wish I got paid more to be honest, they pay weekly witch is really good for keeping track of the bills. Would work with them again but prefer to find on me own
Pros
Pays weekly
Cons
Last mintue shifts
My Work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON18 September 2017
I work for Randstat now. I work in Receiving & Jackpot. Management is great with all the Workers. The Culture is great work
I don't find anything hard. Having extra breaks, Meetings & Longer Lunch Breaks..
Pros
I love the Hours I work
stay away
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 July 2017
never have work, under paid, tells you your working 40+ hours only get paid 30+ hours, never sends you a pay stub, never returns calls, sends important documents to the wrong address and to the wrong people, tell you will start on a monday turns around and says nevermind can you wait 3 weeks
Pros
always work
Cons
everything
Deceiving is there motto
Trades (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 May 2017
Applied for a position at the salary range was within what I was looking for. Seen the same job posting through the company awhile ago but didn't receive a call back but since Drake had the job I went through them. Did the test and I was told that I was what the company was looking for but didn't receive the job because the posting that they made was not the salary posted so instead of contacting me and telling me the option, they decided to not go that route but repost the job with a lower salary. Honesty is a trait I look for and they just don't have it. If you want your name dragged through the mud then you go with this agency because I'm sure they lied about me not being able to work since I probably found another position.
I tend to not go with agency just because of that.
Pros
There's none
Cons
They'll throw you under the bus
good employer
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 May 2017
Created new processes and system for increasing shipping and processing merchandise. Cross-trained and provided back-up for other departments when needed. Trained completed with: shipping/receiving, O,S&D'S, and order picking. With complex scanning system and hard copy filing and paperwork. Resolved products issues and shared benefits of the new technology. Accurately logged all daily shipping and receiving orders. Stocked and rotated inventory.
hours
Hugo Boss at Vaughan Mills Mall (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 February 2017
From Drake, you can choose your hours which is good. The hardest part of the job is if you accept it and its far. A good experience overall. The day to day varies depending on the job.
they get you working when you need it.
Various Temporary (Former Employee) –  Pitt, ON27 January 2017
they are ok with the jobs that are on offer in Cornwall and do there best with what there is available. I like the staff and find they have done a great job of getting me work when I required it.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
no job security crazy shifts
production
Various positions in production (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON18 January 2017
i enjoy working for drake and their workplaces nice people and very informal with their job at tasks and helpful and understandable .good people to work for enjoyed experiences with them ty
Pros
good jobs
Cons
long hours but good
Drake international
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 January 2017
They do help you find a job,
however job security is not very high.
you may only work for a week or 2 and then don't get a call back for months at a time. Other than that, they pay you on time and are very nice people.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
unstable
very helpful and respectful
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 April 2016
I recommend people to work for Drake International temporarily when you need assistance. They are relaxed and up to date with jobs available
Pros
have places to work
Cons
no benefits like dental, medical, and pension
great pay
Secretary of the Board/ non-profit (Former Employee) –  Calgary31 August 2015
The work is far a few between, so job security is non existent. but the pay and hours are great. The staff is great and keep you in mind while looking for new contracts.
Dock Asistant
Dock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB3 August 2015
Good for casual jobs, company has a number of clients and offer a flexible schedule for its workers. On the overall, it is a decent place.
productive fun workplace
feildstaff (Former Employee) –  kingston ont23 January 2015
Drake International is a easy fun going job that the employees in the office assigned me to a different work environment almost everyday the only thing I didn't like was the fact that I would get short notice to be at a jobsite so I was always in a rush
Pros
they payed a minimum 4 hrs even if i only worked 2
Cons
short notice
Lacking in income security.
Labour (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 January 2015
I loved my coworkers, every one of them however with temporary positioning, you never knew where you'd be working next, for how long or for how much until the last moment. The majority of the work didn't pay much and was very physically demanding.
Pros
Fantastic people, relaxed hours.
Cons
Random jobs, job length, and pay rate. Pay was usually low
Provides a good opportunity for an employer to assess new employees before hiring them on a full-time basis
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON9 August 2014
A good company to work for, with a regular schedule and reasonable hours. Delivery of Plumbing, HVAC, Hydronics, and Industrial Supplies in the Cornwall area.
Great Place to Work For
warehouse (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 May 2014
Very friendly, they find you a placement quickly. Hours are not the best but its a job which is hard to find. Hardest part of job would be the continuous lifting.
Pros
good pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Drake International. Our community is ready to answer.