Drake International

Drake International Employee Reviews

Canada175 reviews
Management is always available and very understanding and accommodating for whatever schedule you have. Most of the work available though doesn't pay much, sometimes just minimum wage, and other times work just isn't available. Not the kind of job to rely primarily on for income, but more like an extra source of money if you're in a tight spot or need to pay down debts
Pros
Excellent and approachable management
Cons
Low pay for most work
I was caring for my husband and the job I had through Drake was great especially when I had to be home occasionally to look after things.
Drake was very understanding and I would highly recommend this for anyone who needs employment.
Been doing temp jobs through Drake since 2001.
Its flexible and I do many different jobs including, painting, forklift driving, cooking, concert set up/ take down.

You get it. It's temporary jobs.

Especially useful when working to collect EI. Your roe says "work shortage" so you always get EI.
Not all companies assigned to me were great until I got the job with over 6 months probation and decided to hire me for good. They won't give up looking for a job match even when I already have a permanent job.
Pros
Variable work experiences.
Cons
Some are just temporary few days work
I really enjoyed working for Drake international they were helpful. I found a work placement in a month. I would definitely work for them again.
They were a good place to work from and easy to get ahold of. Front my time of working there I had to leave early due to pregnancy but they offered me to work with them until they found a job I could do with strain or stress
Absolutely love working with Drake from day one. I was put into a full time position right away, provided adequate training and given the information needed to take on more responsibilities quite quickly.

Management is always ready to listen and talk through any issues that may arise. They are always willing to come up with a reasonable solution for any problem as long as respectful communication is practiced.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
NONE - Love the company and people
It's not a good company it's just like drake international they do not look for what you are looking for they look for the complete opposite. It takes two weeks to a month to get an interview
Pros
Cons
A lot
Client’s night time supervisor could not control the receivers. I showed up on my “Monday” to find them telling receivers to give ti-hi sheets to swampers (me). One guy said no and refused. Supervisor bumped me to cleaner (not Drakes job) and was laughed at, I cryed and went home.
The staff at Drake were so friendly and helpful that it made the interview process less stressful. From the beginning of my employment at Drake they were very accommodating to my professional goals.
supervisor treated us like family and helped a lot with training and getting to know each other. Very nice environment to work in and would recommend this company.
great place to for considering its a temp agencie they got me work immediately doing m,market research and i will be working for the third time for them this weekend
I worked for Noble Trade through these guys for a year as temp...I asked to get hired full time with company had only missed one day..One week later I was fired and they posted my job for another temo
Pros
Cons
No support
This agency will find individuals employment within a week after an interview with a recruitment agent. In my personal experience, they were quick to give me a permanent placement but their payment practices were a bit shady. On several occasions, they were late to pay me and made excuses that were clearly false. Overall, the job assignments were wonderful but I prefer to be paid on time.
I liked the work with the team and they were very helpful. I liked the way they were posting the works and how detailed were the day to day activities.
She is very fair in distributing shifts to all her staff, very quick email confirmation and confirmations are very detailed.
They keep your resume and all you have to do when the peak season comes, just call the agency and remind or tell your availability days. You can pick and choose your dates and times that is suitable for you (perfect for students).
- The jobs can be demanding
- They pay pretty well

- The staff is professional

- Management is willing to listen to your concerns

- Weekly pay is great
While working for Drake I have the opportunity to do jobs of all kinds ...Demo work ..fire flood clean up working with some interesting people. Over all great experience.
Very understanding manager. Colleagues are just another family away from family. Everyone is very supportive and understanding. they make you feel like a team member and help you out always if you're struggling
ok to deal with. They placed me in a position that in the end I regretted taking on but had no choice at the time. would recommend to anyone who is looking for employment
Be aware that you might have a few hours of work for the next day. As a condition of employment they DO NOT PROMISE it. If you do not have work, they are not really concerned IF YOU DO NOT. For the company to profit from your work and efforts THE PAY IS MINIMUM WAGE with them taking a big chunk of what they charge out to the employer FOR YOUR PHYSICAL LABOR where you are going!! Since the labor law rules changed / reduced from 4 hours to 3 hours do not expect to eat fillet mignon. Drake International does not have a reputation for the best workers. Many of the employers that end up with temps from DRAKE DO NOT THINK HIGHLY OF THE DRAKE TEMPS so don't expect to be treated with great respect. Office staff turnover is common and your placement person can disappear and walk off the job any time. Be aware that your own fellow employees are back stabbers so that you loose placements for them to get the few requests for staff that Drake gets.If DRAKE promises you a permanent placement - IT IS A BIG LIE. You can be released and let go without notice. Office staff will hide from you if you get blamed for the mistakes made by the office staff.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Drake International. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8