Drake International Employee Reviews

Horribly run company, youre nothing but a number to the office people.
All of them (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2019
Nobody in the Calgary office cares about you, they only care about the percentage of income you can bring in for them. Even having a family emergency can get your employment contract with them terminated, they also tell you "to bring any concerns you have to us so we can address it with our client" but when you do you're the one getting the boot without them even addressing your problem. Took them 8.5 months and dozens of phone calls to even get my RoE from them and by the time I got it they didn't fill it out properly.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Absolutely everything else
Helpful productive company
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB12 March 2019
They were wonderful and kind. I found a job with them to help me gain experience in the administrative industry. I also went to work with great people, fun but hardworking people.
Clerk
Clerk (Assignment Basis) (Former Employee) –  Ontario14 January 2019
A temporary job for few months as a contract staff
Data entry to enter client list, check inventory
helping filing and basic clerical work
Not offer permanent position to offer
Good place if you need quick work but you have no job security and could have work one day but not the next
Temp agent (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON9 January 2019
Management is really nice but job stability and salary/ benefits have some issues but overall a good place to work for if in need of a job in a short period of time
Pros
Always had the weekends off
Cons
No stability
A day at work for me.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON22 December 2018
We would go in to work and we would sit and have coffee in the morning. Then would get ready for work. it was not a big place but it was fun to be with all the people. It was a nice atmosphere.
Fun workplace.
Administrative Assistant/Field Staff/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 November 2018
Assigned in various offices and was able to meet different people and
learned lots of skills that can be used for future assignment.
Good management.
Very friendly staff.
Terrible place to work, terrible culture
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2018
If you would like to be treated poorly and are a sucker for punishment then this is the company you have been waiting for. Awful people, awful culture and they will throw you out with the bath water when the time is right.
Pros
Wine on friday
Cons
long hours, constant torment, dingy work environment
not a good company
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 October 2018
I worked there for less than a year and we went through two managers. High turn over rate for the office staff.
Expected to work over time with no pay
High Management is a nightmare
No raises or bonus even if you hit your targets
It was a good job for the most part.
temp (Former Employee) –  Hamitlon14 October 2018
I didnt mind the job. It was fairly easy. And also good hours and it was daily. Thing that started to hinder the job was that the management is not good to employees. They are very rude and sexual. You get harassed you get treated badly. They make you do everything for them cause they are too lazy to do so themselves. The facility is disgusting and totally not clean or sanitary for the food it prepares.
Pros
Reliable work everyday. Realitively easy work.
Cons
Rude people. Harassment. You get treated badly. Not a clean environment. Not a friendly environment.
Awful place
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 October 2018
Horribly run, stuck up jerks in the office, waste of time travel expenses getting there honestly everyone should avoid this place. Just job search on your own.
Pros
Non
Cons
Take hours to reply to you. Dont tell you everything you need to know.
Working with Drake Team is exceptional
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 September 2018
They successfully placed me into an IT position that changed my life. Very grateful to everyone at Drake Recruitment. Very good, well rounded, personal service!
Shift work. Difficult but fulfilling.
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 September 2018
Shift work was difficult to get used to. Very exceptional compensation for a labor job. Friendly management, and hard working employees. The community was the best part; many friendly people with different backgrounds from all over the world.
Pros
Positive work environment, safety was priority.
Cons
Shift work
Good
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg manitoba6 September 2018
Excellent work environment. Entertaining, stressfree and excellent boss and supervisor to work with. I learn alot in the process of getting to work with different events, shows and fund raising events with different types of entainers. I was please to work with them all
Pros
On call, flexible hours
Cons
No work at time
hi
Labourer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON6 September 2018
i like working for them and leaning all the different jobs that i got to learn i got to take that to all the jobs i have do over the years and i like all the place that i worked
very one dimentional
Order Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON25 August 2018
A typical day includes little to know interactions with others while walking for the duration of your shift, attempting to perform your job while others who have more experience will tell you to do things you were told not to do when trained.
Long way to go
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 August 2018
Fun is not part of the Culture here. No career opportunities. Very high turnover.
Pros
New ideas are on the way
Cons
If things don't change, results won't change either
Productive place
Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2018
Many job opportunities. And good salary. Amazing staff and members. Okay with location. Nice commisiion and other things basically the many of the staff members.
Disorganized joke of a company
Warehouse Labourer / "Lumper" (Current Employee) –  Acheson, AB31 July 2018
The office has no clue what the outer employees actually do, or how things run. they 'promote' people who have no right being bosses and have no actual leadership skills. your 'boss' will pick favorites and act accordingly to how they see fit / who they like more. As Pay is not hourly, and it is more of a pool that gets divided at the end of the shift, you are left feeling ripped off and deflated everyday. Mainly because the 'boss' is in control of their own pay as well as everyone else's, so although they no longer help with any of the actual work they take the most pay, and revel in the fact that they barely had to do anything for it. No respect is given to employees. Not a long term job, dont get stuck!
Pros
Pays the bills
Cons
almost everything else.
Alright Company
General Labourer (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 July 2018
Working with Drake I was only offered one job but that job lasted a few weeks before they had to close for the season. It paid very good and was weekly pay.

The problems being they weren't located in my city, I had a meeting at the workplace, later finding out their office was a few cities away. Also that they never offered another job after the first even after getting sending a email to them.
Pros
Nice pay.
Cons
Not always responsive.
Nice working environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 June 2018
- Performed an array of functions including receiving and processing products.
- Prepared orders by processing requests and supply orders, Responded to requests.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Drake International. Our community is ready to answer.