Dr. Oetker

Dr. Oetker Employee Reviews

Canada44 reviews
Sad truth
I find it funny that all the negative reviews that are on here are from people that have been fired or let go for some reason or another.
Of course they are going to leave negative reviews because they can't come to terms that they are a poor employee and can't handle working in the real world.
Stressful, working under pressure
Job itself is ok and pay is good for the job you have to do, simple activities, no experience needed. But management constantly monitoring you and looking for a reason to fire you, 80% of a team new hires and won’t last more then probation time (3 months).
Challenging Job with exceptional staff
Challenging and interesting job. All proper training was delivered and Supervisor was always present and willing to help where needed. I highly recommend this job.
Job it’s self was great
The job was very clean sanitary but the coworkers that have been there awhile play games talk smack of others all day long too many clicks within the company
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Too many games and nothing done about it
Very beholden to the head office in germany
Not a bad place to work but constant micro-management from the head office and the VPs make doing your regular work hard to do. Great people with lots of tenure but also has a problem fixing issues that come up.
Was a good place to work until they closed the facility
Typical application, Phone interview with Human Resources followed by formal interview with Plant Manager, Production Manager, Maintenance Manager. Background check and follow up with references.
Management is disgusting
Management is toxic and only worried about covering their own butt. If you stand up to them regarding safety issues etc. they will do everything in their power to harass and belittle you.

Do not work here, you will regret it!!

Hopefully Germany's head office will read these reviews and clean house in management before they run this plant into the ground.
Pros
Some coworkers are awesome
Cons
Too toxic for your mental health
a lot to do
the company is a growing one, but the management team is not professional with their duties. They can do a better place to work for all the people that they have there. a big rotation the best workers always quit.
A lot to improve
I was working hard doing the best for me and the company. Suddenly I was the worst worker and the worst person ever. Someone complaint about me and they never trust me. There's a group of people that like to rule the co-workers there.
Very poor in management
You feel you are not acknowledged the executive heads were very rude and proud of their heritage.

They used the staff when they needed and did not provide proper salaries as per the job call
Good pay rate
You have to be fast as very active during your shifts, my supervisor never impressed from anyone. You don't have a job security during your job. Pay rate was good.
Amateur Management
* 1:1 ratio of labourer to management (of some sort)
* Inconsistency, not unusual to see some people working hard (temps?) and others sauntering, wrong individuals either rewarded or reprimanded

* Management at all levels seem to prefer keeping labourers on edge

* Labourers input not taken seriously

* Same old issues cycle through over and over
stressful enviroment
Heaving lifting (50lbs), most employees are not in a good mood, force you to work Saturdays, since they got their union in its went downhill. not good for people who don't like 40+ hour weeks. great pay and benefits though after 3 months
bad place to work
this place sucks period dont work here

donald sucks too

pay sucks

union doesnt know what is going on

human resources sucks too

not a clean place always blue plastic in product even a pen
Its a job
If you want a job, they have them. If you want a basic manufacturing experience where you do mindless thankless tasks with little to no training or input, youve found your dream here.
Pros
you get paid.
Cons
you have to work every weekend on top of your regular shift
Run by Europeans who aren't familiar with North American culture
Upper management struggle with English to the point that it impedes good business practice. Reluctant to understand the corporate landscape in Canada, and work with the rest of the industry and their own clients.
Pros
Established portfolio of goods
Cons
Pedantic upper management
Co workers are great
Former employee : April 12 2019. Not a very supportive company to work for. Say what they want to cover their own butts I started there in January had some health issues caused me to miss some work. Was put on modified. 2 days before my probation was in. They let me go. Reason. Wasn’t a good fit. When in all honesty I was really a threat to them. Cause I was fighting them in how they treated me with health issues. They should really focus on who’s actually running the show. Like supervisors, HR etc. I feel bad for the ones who have been there since the beginning and are as well on modified work and being treated like a caged animal. And are to afraid of saying anything. I felt I was being bullied and harassed and because they let you go before your probation I was unable to defend myself. In my orientation bullying is unexceptable and modified employees should be treated as an equal. So unfair bad bad management. Hopefully the next one can speak up and not be tossed to the curb before it’s to late.
Pros
Nice uniforms, clean, fun
Cons
Bad bad management full of bs
Good Job Bad Managers
All companies have positive and negative. People say the raises suck but you still get a yearly raise. Factory wise this company pays well. There are also some very cool people who work there. Good people. The issue at Dr. Oetker in London is that you have some bad Managers. That is the #1 reason people quit jobs or leave a work environment. Toxic management will cause good employees to leave even more than money will. A toxic work environment will make good employees not care anymore. It causes issues with and among the staff. Stress levels rise based on the levels of your manager or superior. Other than that it's not bad. The gossip is worse than high school though compared to other workplaces.
Good work life balance but limited growth opportunities
The organization has good work life Balance. However there are limited growth opportunity from within.

There is room to work from home at times but people tend to stay longer in any role leading to limited advancement opportunities.
Environnement de travail agréable
J'ai beaucoup appris en terme de management, reporting et de leadership;
Pros
Flexi Time
Cons
perspective d’évolution restreint
Rotating Hire/Fire Without Reason/ Cause
Initially they sell you the dream of a stable career with great perks and a supportive human resource staff. The handbook states that there is a graduated system if you are performing sub-par, however that is not true because you don't get any feedback when you're new and they turf people for no reason, no feedback, except for the standard excuse which is "you just aren't the right fit for this company, it happens". People who worked so hard never got in any trouble, never late got canned in less than a month for zero reasons. HR sits there in silence"the first three weeks of my employment they got rid of more than one third of 60, and had a new mass hire ad within the agency the whole time.They throw you in feet first with very little training. If you're partnered with a great trainer it's not so bad but most give you the bare basics. There are only a few people who have been there more than 9 months. People with 3 write ups in a month kept their jobs why?.I feel sad for all with tons of experience that lost their job without cause. Why pay benefits when you can change staff constantly? A girl who was written up 3x in a month twice in 4 days keeps her job! Good luck. I quit.
Pros
Hours and there are some nice veterans, clean, supplied uniforms, Ot
Cons
revolving door hire/fire, zero feedback, rude staff, gossipy, child forepeople