Dovercourt Boys and Girls Club Employee Review

View all Dovercourt Boys and Girls Club reviews

Overall impression
Counselor in Training (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2018
The environment of the workplace was very nice and staff and CITs got along well. A lot of teamwork occurred when working there. Overall had a great time being a part of their team.

Other Dovercourt Boys and Girls Club Employee Reviews

Good
Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2019
They were really good and organised with the kids. The kids were safe and having fun and I liked working there. If it wasn’t a summer job I would love to work there again
a typical day at work
Volunteer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 February 2019
I would walk in once school ended and take the attendance right away to see how many kids we would be working with on that day, we would then distribute the snack for the day accordingly. Homework was what was done immediately after snack to make sure that the kids wouldn't fall behind on their school responsibilities. On average about 4-5 kids would need help on a daily basis, you would have to help while watching the other kids to make sure nothing bad is happening. After homework, the kids would either play in the gym or outside so I would need to supervise them and lead any games or activities being played. The average workload daily is very demanding but still fun and teaches very essential and beneficial work skills.
Pros
Work experience, communication skills, organisational skills, teaches patience and discipline
Cons
inconsistent work load

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dovercourt Boys and Girls Club. Our community is ready to answer.

Dovercourt Boys and Girls Club Reviews by Location