Dovercourt Boys and Girls Club Employee Review

View all Dovercourt Boys and Girls Club reviews

Creative and Fun Workplace
Child and Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 March 2016
A typical day at work is very fun. Building therapeutic relationships with children and adolescence and teaching them a variety of life skills each day. Creating activities suited for children and adolescence developmental age that are fun and also educational.
I learned that every child and adolescence is unique and should be accepted as their own unique individual person. I also learned that every child needs to take responsibility for his or her actions and to teach conflict resolution to them to build on their confidence and self -esteem.
Management was always kind and understanding. Boys and girls club management and co-workers work as a team and stand beside each other.
Hardest part of the job would be to manage children's behavior occasionally.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be getting to know many children and adolescence and their wonderful personalities and building therapeutic relationships with them.
Pros
Communication and Creativity
Cons
Short Hours

Other Dovercourt Boys and Girls Club Employee Reviews

a typical day at work
Volunteer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 February 2019
I would walk in once school ended and take the attendance right away to see how many kids we would be working with on that day, we would then distribute the snack for the day accordingly. Homework was what was done immediately after snack to make sure that the kids wouldn't fall behind on their school responsibilities. On average about 4-5 kids would need help on a daily basis, you would have to help while watching the other kids to make sure nothing bad is happening. After homework, the kids would either play in the gym or outside so I would need to supervise them and lead any games or activities being played. The average workload daily is very demanding but still fun and teaches very essential and beneficial work skills.
Pros
Work experience, communication skills, organisational skills, teaches patience and discipline
Cons
inconsistent work load
Overall impression
Counselor in Training (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2018
The environment of the workplace was very nice and staff and CITs got along well. A lot of teamwork occurred when working there. Overall had a great time being a part of their team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dovercourt Boys and Girls Club. Our community is ready to answer.

Dovercourt Boys and Girls Club Reviews by Location