Dovercourt Boys and Girls Club Employee Review

View all Dovercourt Boys and Girls Club reviews

A Great Place to Start
Camp counsellor for junior age children (Former Employee) –  1379 Bloor Street West22 February 2017
Dovercourt boys and girls club allowed me the opportunity to begin to learn and grow about the field of Child and Youth Care while being flexible and supportive of my schooling. Staff was always accommodating and environment was always welcoming.

Other Dovercourt Boys and Girls Club Employee Reviews

a typical day at work
Volunteer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 February 2019
I would walk in once school ended and take the attendance right away to see how many kids we would be working with on that day, we would then distribute the snack for the day accordingly. Homework was what was done immediately after snack to make sure that the kids wouldn't fall behind on their school responsibilities. On average about 4-5 kids would need help on a daily basis, you would have to help while watching the other kids to make sure nothing bad is happening. After homework, the kids would either play in the gym or outside so I would need to supervise them and lead any games or activities being played. The average workload daily is very demanding but still fun and teaches very essential and beneficial work skills.
Pros
Work experience, communication skills, organisational skills, teaches patience and discipline
Cons
inconsistent work load
Overall impression
Counselor in Training (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2018
The environment of the workplace was very nice and staff and CITs got along well. A lot of teamwork occurred when working there. Overall had a great time being a part of their team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dovercourt Boys and Girls Club. Our community is ready to answer.

Dovercourt Boys and Girls Club Reviews by Location