Dovercourt Boys and Girls Club Employee Review

View all Dovercourt Boys and Girls Club reviews

Bad management, horrible advancement, low pay.
Camp Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 August 2017
I would avoid working for this organization as much as possible. Poor management - they lack the skills necessary to advance this organization. Asking questions of them is like pulling teeth, and you're afraid you're stepping on their toes and annoying them. If you like to be valued as an employee, don't go there.
Pros
Kids are good
Cons
Poor management, little to no appreciation of employees.

Other Dovercourt Boys and Girls Club Employee Reviews

a typical day at work
Volunteer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 February 2019
I would walk in once school ended and take the attendance right away to see how many kids we would be working with on that day, we would then distribute the snack for the day accordingly. Homework was what was done immediately after snack to make sure that the kids wouldn't fall behind on their school responsibilities. On average about 4-5 kids would need help on a daily basis, you would have to help while watching the other kids to make sure nothing bad is happening. After homework, the kids would either play in the gym or outside so I would need to supervise them and lead any games or activities being played. The average workload daily is very demanding but still fun and teaches very essential and beneficial work skills.
Pros
Work experience, communication skills, organisational skills, teaches patience and discipline
Cons
inconsistent work load
Overall impression
Counselor in Training (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2018
The environment of the workplace was very nice and staff and CITs got along well. A lot of teamwork occurred when working there. Overall had a great time being a part of their team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dovercourt Boys and Girls Club. Our community is ready to answer.

Dovercourt Boys and Girls Club Reviews by Location