DoubleTree by Hilton

Clear
3.4Job security & advancement

Found 19 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,674 reviews

Excellent

Great experience and fast passed environment. it far away from home and this my chances to explore more offer s and opportunities to advance in my career.

Replace all management

This particular Doubletree would be so much greater if the management was replaced. From the General manager who is just HORRIBLE, down to replacing ALL management in seperate departments especially the kitchen. From the "Executive Chef" being just down right disgusting to the cooks and management under him, seeing staff get fired due to lies from your own management team was just disgusting. Reporting what you see, because that was the right thing to do, and being reprimanded for it. Please find employment elsewhere that will appreciate you and your time. Find a place where the core values set forth by a company are actually shown and implemented. J.W MARRIOTT SAID IT BEST, "TAKE CARE OF YOUR EMPLOYEES AND YOUR EMPLOYEES WILL TAKE CARE OF THE GUESTS!" THIS IS SUPPOSE TO BE THE HILTON WAY BUT AT THIS PARTICULAR HILTON, STAFF ARE DEFINITELY NOT TAKEN CARE OF NOR APPRECIATED!

Pros

Ladies in Human Resources are awesome.

Cons

Terrible pay, no holiday pay, retaliation, poor management, lack of support

Excellent working environment and professional staff

Provided staff with benefits including food and further career development. Always follow the protocols to undergo training in WHMIS and ensure that customer were satisfied in their stay

Pros

great place to work and good rate

Cons

tiring job and slow rate increase

very good impression

good to work there as a team.learned valuable service and get many good friends. i am waiting patiently to get a job in Hilton very soon. I thank gm for the experience .

Competitive

I would recommend working in Doubletree by Hilton. The environment is good, people are nice, and they will help you to grow as a person. They will give you an opportunity in every way they can.

Fun workplace

Is a very buys place, I got all your hour even more. I have learned the Hilton system. I made lots of my own decision in regard rates and rooms for clients if I am not able to get the GM or any of the managers. I work well with everyone, explained other co-worker regarding payment different company. Didn't have much support from my manager. I enjoyed working there no one bothered me.

Productive and fun workplace

You learn a lot from working in hotels, working environment is favorable and working in the kitchen gives you practical knowledge and pay is good. makes a person responsible.

Do not work for housekeeping

Went in for an interview, she seemed so nice and guarenteed me 40 hours a week. I was, at the time, working somewhere else but she insisted I put my 2 weeks notice in and work for her so I did! The job sounded great! Enough hours to pay my bills, and she told me during the winter I would have enough hours to pull EI. Everything was fine until the 3rd day, the training wasn't even training, the lady training me didn't give me any advice on what to do and would just come behind me and re make the bed or clean the bathroom, I wasn't learning anything. I asked for a trainer that would teach me how to do my job properly and she put me off for 5 days while everyone else was working. I almost was not able to pay my rent because of this. She then had me doing a number of insignificant tasks (after I was finally scheduled in for a shift) while I was suppose to be learning the job I applied for. After 2 weeks of this I went and asked her if I was getting a new trainer and when I would be able to start doing the job I applied for, she made a bunch of obvious nonsense excuses and sent me off with the lady that cleans the hotels lobby, bathrooms etc. 3 hours later I was called into her office where she told me I was not a good fit for the job and that I was fired! (Knowing full well I had no other source of income because I left my other job for her) Afterward I found out that a guy from my orientation group had to leave because they worked him so hard he developed problems in his heart and chest. And another girl from my group left because they had her working 60 plus hours a week and was -

Pros

I dont work here anymore

Cons

Being lied to, no hours, walking on egg shells every day

This is very Excellent Place to work

This is very good important place for work i am really interested to do my job here in this good company Double Tree by Hilton i hope i will get my any job in this company very soon i always hope to come to Canada and do my hardworking job soon

Pros

Free lunches also

Excellent staff

good place to work with excellent colleagues. Busy place and enjoyable environment. work life balance was good and time off was given. Free lunches in staff café were good

Jobs at DoubleTree by Hilton

See more jobs

Best place to work!

I didn't want to leave here but because of better work else where and my significant other I decided to move to Calgary instead but I would recommend this place for sure! Felt very appreciated as an employee here!

Pros

Co-workers, tips

Cons

Some snobby guests but the work place environment makes up for this!

Beautiful facility that sells itself

Enjoyable place to work. Team atmosphere. Not much room to advance a career. GM was fantastic to work with, encouraged a family like work environment.

Pros

Free lunch, parking and dry cleaning

Great Hotel

Great hotel to make a great career . lots of opportunity to make your way in the hotel industry . plus it belongs to the Hilton family. Good management .

Pros

Good on training

Good Managemet

Its good place to work and grow for your hospitality carrier.. If you wanna good job with benefits for you and family and balance lifestyle ...........

Good work environment, Upbeat co-workers, Fun place to work.

At this work placement, i learned how to work as a team & to be more understanding. I had the opportunity to experience hands on learning in the work field with Double Tree.

Pros

Good hours, Long lunch break, Good pay

Cons

Working weekends, early mornings, late nights

nice work environment

a great place to learn and progress in your professional career. Good support from the top management initially. Hardest part for the job were long hours.

It's good if you are looking for just part time job.

Not much to say except it's brand name. If you are looking for just part time job this is okay place to work but not as your career to step up to next level because the CEO do not care about your all hard working.

Pros

employ hotel room rate in any hilton family hotels in the world

Cons

Terrible & horrable management

Productive and fun place work environment

It was my first job at front desk. I started there as beginner and was provided with all necessary tools to grow. I am quick learner so with in short span of time I was on top and taking lead shifts. I enjoy working there.

Productive and fun

I loved working there, even though it was for co op. What I learned was working at the front desk.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DoubleTree by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.7K
1.3K

3.4Job security/advancement

Compare DoubleTree by Hilton with

• DoubleTree by Hilton
  • Job Security & Advancement
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?