DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Housekeeper

Found 462 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,728 reviews

Insights into DoubleTree by Hilton

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Excellent

Great experience and fast passed environment. it far away from home and this my chances to explore more offer s and opportunities to advance in my career.

Great pay, No time to enjoy it 😞

10 to 12 hr shifts Everyday. 18 to 20 check-outs Everyday because the Veterans keep running away Anybody they're threatened by who seems better at their job in Any Way.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Long hrs everyday. Gossip, favoritism

Good People

It's the people, they're mostly friendly and kind 👏👏seasoned co-workers mostly. Not uncomfortable. Beautiful property and casual but elegant presence of manager and more than capable engineering and restaurant. Freshly updated rooms.

Pros

Kind People

Cons

Get what your worth

Great co workers

Love working with my coworkers but the supervisor sometimes volunteers us to help other departments...things were not trained to do but all in all i love my job!!!

Pros

Smoke break every 2 hrs

Cons

No free lunch

Being Respectful and giving respect under any circumstances

Double Tree Hotel By Hilton in Novi MI practice teamwork, indulge in individuality, problem solving and suggestions improvements for things were done properly. Management was a strong team and took pride in their position.

Pros

Good benefits, great staff all around

Poor management and no leniency

Management does not care about your personal life they strongly urge you to never miss work and when you try to request time off you jave to do it a few months in advance and even then they usually deny it, if you call out for any reason, even drastic reasons, unless you can prove you were physically unable to be there (ex:doctors note) they will write you up even if you call out the day before. Advancement opportunities are a lie, most of the management are managements friends outside of work who were offerd management positions due to friendship not work ethic and those who worked there for years hoping to advance are left in the dust and pushed around by management who doesnt even know what their doing. H.R is sweet, and kind but general management will fire you if you complain to h.r. about management.

Pros

Occasional food, events, h.r

Cons

Short breaks, time off, management

Poor management

The management at the DoubleTree I worked at was absolutely horrible. A lot of really good employees were fired or left because of horrible management.

Pros

The hotel discount.

Cons

Horrible management.

Work place

This place of work has been by far the toughest to work at. The reason being is that management plays favorites and the employees love to exclude helping other's who dont look like them and they neglect to get their jobs done correctly and they never received any corrections when complaints have been made and yes i am speaking of housekeeping! On top of that they expect you to perform jobs outside of the job your being poorly paid to do.

Pros

Short brakes and benefits

Productivity and fun to work

Great job love the people I work with love that I can learn new stuff I can also get a little bit of overtime when someone called off so that’s always nice

Pros

Free linch

Cons

Pay is not so good

Depends on the Department

How a company runs is strictly dependent on the managers, and every department being ran by different management, it really depends. Over all my experience with this company has been the best that I have had with a company in the many years that I have worked. Sure there are odds and ends that could be taken care of, but no company is perfect. Out of the many Hilton properties I have worked at (5) this was by far the best organized and staffed of them all. If I didn't have to move out of state I would be more than happy to work for this company again. I have heard horror stories about other departments but in reality I am not too sure if it was true, or just an employee who messed up trying to spread lies, but it's always good to keep an eye out I suppise.

Pros

Free lunch, growth from within the company, staff that understand personal life, request off dates are given if asked for at appropriate time

Cons

will under pay you if you let them, only do what is asked of you because going above and beyond will get you nowhere

Fun place to work

Family oriented staff, free lunch, discounts on rooms. They look do show me heir appreciation for their employees and you get a lot of t shirts. The schedule is okay.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Long days sometimes

Poor Management and staffing

The hotel can't keep staff by paying them barely minimum wage and expect them to do multiple jobs that is not in the persons job description from when they were hired. The housekeeping manager expects the house keepers to clean more rooms than possible in an 8 hour day. The hotel can barely keep any staff in any department because of poor management and people getting away with so much.

Cons

Not enough help, poor management, poor pay

Excellent place to work

I enjoyed my job as a housekeeper there. I learn new skills everyday.I love to see the guest happy with there rooms.My job was very rewarding and would recommend the hotel to everyone.The staff were very good in helping me and support me in everyway they could.

not enough staff

if it was more staffed it wouldnt be that hard of work but the little people they have they over work them.& LOW on supplies all the time cant do a job if your not prepared with the essential tools.management is not knowledgeable about simply policy's. put all the work on the HOUSEkeeping staff. LAUNDRY ROOM PEOPlE never had enough face towels. THEY only focused on cleaning the main rooms suites. they want you rush and clean other rooms, and that not my style i clean all rooms the same like i said management, is so clueless.

Pros

peanuts, some crackers maybe some juices every week yeahh

Cons

YOU work by yourself

How Hard People Works.

When I First Worked At Doubletree I Was Nervous Then I Got The Hang Of It, Started Getting Better & Better. Then I Started Getting Tips And It Made Me Feel Great About Myself And What I’m Doing Because I Know I Mist Of Was Doing Something Right.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

N/a

Productive and fun place

I really enjoy working here, I've been here for 2 years. All of the coworkers get along well and work together to get the job done. Managers are very supportive of their teams.

Approachable people & good environment

Management properly trained me and was given appreciation whenever my job was well done. Great amount of food for $1 and has cozy break room with unli drinks as well. Overall I enjoyed my stay/work at doubletree.

Pros

Great food, unli drinks for $1 only

Cons

Tiring

They dont have enough help and alot of favoritism going on

The employees are not treated fairly for the amount of work they put in and not paid enough to.cover working more than 12 hour shifts when it's supposed to be a normal hour shift ...about 8 hours. Management needs to be checked out as well.

Very weird

Weird things happen very too often at this establishment. The management are very untrustworthy and sneaky. I do not recommend that any person with morals work for them.

It was fun working there and i got to learn more,i hsve never worked in an appartment brfore,and i got to work in one.

Working here was also fun for me because everyone was seen equal no matter your color, we even eat in thesame cafeteria with all the managers and the General managers.More so,we were having two offs in a week that was also amazing,coming to the accommodation ,it was clean and we have free drinking water.

Pros

We had free launch and breakfast

Cons

When is busy or when you cant finish your rooms on time, you have to extend.

Poor quality

They are very disrespectful to their workers. Management slacks. All management does is sit around eating and smoking. Provides no help to the workers. Poor training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DoubleTree by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.7K