DoubleTree by Hilton logo

Housekeeper9 reviews
Canada9 reviews

Found 9 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,645 reviews

Excellent

Great experience and fast passed environment. it far away from home and this my chances to explore more offer s and opportunities to advance in my career.

Horrible management. No chance for advancement even though you are promised some.

Too many workers over worked, and yelled at because their performance suffers because of unrealistic expectations of management. Long and absurd hours of willing workers, whose efforts are not appreciated or quickly forgotten, with the only result being eventual mental breakdown, and time off work without pay.

Pros

Once in a while you get free lunch

Cons

Weekends are a must.

fast-paced work and competative

I was pressure to work there as I learn many things regarding my job. The staff was very helpful and nice as well as the managers were very good at their job.

Good to start a carrier in Hotel industry

Proper management Appreciation of every work All staff members are friendly Frequently inspections of every work Mostly the celebration of every function

Pros

Tip

Cons

Workload and Shorten hours

Housekeeping

Good people and fair pay. Enjoy working part-time evening shift in partners. Good is not easy lots of bending and have speed also be neat and have good accurate knowledge to work as a team

Do not work for housekeeping

Went in for an interview, she seemed so nice and guarenteed me 40 hours a week. I was, at the time, working somewhere else but she insisted I put my 2 weeks notice in and work for her so I did! The job sounded great! Enough hours to pay my bills, and she told me during the winter I would have enough hours to pull EI. Everything was fine until the 3rd day, the training wasn't even training, the lady training me didn't give me any advice on what to do and would just come behind me and re make the bed or clean the bathroom, I wasn't learning anything. I asked for a trainer that would teach me how to do my job properly and she put me off for 5 days while everyone else was working. I almost was not able to pay my rent because of this. She then had me doing a number of insignificant tasks (after I was finally scheduled in for a shift) while I was suppose to be learning the job I applied for. After 2 weeks of this I went and asked her if I was getting a new trainer and when I would be able to start doing the job I applied for, she made a bunch of obvious nonsense excuses and sent me off with the lady that cleans the hotels lobby, bathrooms etc. 3 hours later I was called into her office where she told me I was not a good fit for the job and that I was fired! (Knowing full well I had no other source of income because I left my other job for her) Afterward I found out that a guy from my orientation group had to leave because they worked him so hard he developed problems in his heart and chest. And another girl from my group left because they had her working 60 plus hours a week and was -

Pros

I dont work here anymore

Cons

Being lied to, no hours, walking on egg shells every day

working at doubletree hotel

i have learned a lot with organizing and keeping up with speed keeping myself inline. the management is great very understanding and really good to get along with. we are to attend the morning meeting everyday then make sure we have what we need for our carts, and then get on the floors and have each room done within 30 mins. the hardest part of the job is keeping up with the time frame and having everything completed and cleaned in the rooms. i am a very social butterfly so i just love talking to people and helping people. i love being able to clean rooms getting more experience cleaning which never hurts to learn more of.

Pros

great work environment

Cons

time frame should be longer in the rooms

house person

stripped rooms took garbage out checked pool ares loaded towels in to the pool area and gym and used dish washer to clean glasses, check bathrooms, clean elevators, mopped floors

Fun and Friendly

Friendly staff, easy to get along with everyone. All team members are very helpful and this makes it easy to get done quickly.

Pros

Everyone is helpful

Cons

Hours are short

Jobs at DoubleTree by Hilton