DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Found 204 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,728 reviews

Awfulness at this work place

Everyone is high on their horses.Settle down your one out of a billion hotels on earth ! You guys make life unpleasant for no reason. Over worked under paid. Management thinks their GODS GIFT to man lol what a joke!!! News flash your all nothing special hahahaha.

Great Learning Experience and Great Team

The workplace culture was great for a hotel everyone felt like they were part of the team. A typical day working here was always different. The hardest part of the job was the 24/7 nature of the position.

Pros

Provide Employee Meals, Benefits, Team Work

Great at the start

Great at the start. Then not great. Always got good guest reviews when I was there, some of the senior coworkers did not. Lots of jealousy and insecurity. It was amazing but became very very sad 😥

Great benefits through hilton

No flexible hours at this place. Low pay not worth your time. Find better hotel like in downtown to work for so you can grow up with the company. Gsa manager pretty ok. Co workers helpful and friendly. Very low pay and cut hours.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Low pay.

Overall One of the Best - Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Location

While working for DoubleTree at Myrtle Beach, I had amazing opportunities to grow within my career and felt like I was apart of an amazing team! Your managers want you to be successful and want you to grow! So even if there is something you want to learn that isn't directly related to your department, ask them. The only stress I had dealt with working for this company was the lack of having a set schedule (but almost all hotels or F&B industries don't have set schedules) as well as the hours being cut during the slow season. However, you make a great amount of commissions that help even out during the slow season!

Pros

Free lunches, growth opportunities, teamwork/positive environment, appreciation from management

Cons

Lack of hours during slow season

Productivity always hard because there's never enough ppl to work.

I would not work here simply because the pay is ridiculous. They think because all you do does not require a degree that it's not worthy of better pay, no matter how PHYSICALLY hard the job is. Everyone starts out at the same exact pay no matter if you have previous experience or not.

Pros

You get ONE free lunch. The first one.

Cons

Hourly wage. Benefits.

Fun Place To Work!

Working here for over 2 years i have always felt supported at the DoubleTree in Manchester, NH. The managers are very kind and the environment is more like family than work.

Pros

Complimentary Lunches and Dinners, Hilton Hotel Discounts

Cons

low wages and health benefits that are very expensive

Overworked, Underappreciated

All my coworkers were complete trash. Had one who consistently stole items from the guests and only got a slap on the wrist, multiple times. Obvious favoritism. No chance for growth.

Pros

I honestly don't know.

Horrible

Would never work for hilton again. I enjoyed working with the guests on vacation and the airline Crews but the management was horrible. They worked me full time hours but refused to give me benefits. Never again!

Pros

Free cookies

Cons

Bad pay

Outdated

Pay & benefitsVery low pay. They said there would be bonuses to earn but they always said they weren’t offering the incentive.Job security and advancementThey like to fire good people that have been working there a while and replace them with a new person.ManagementPoorly managed and run down. Management unprofessional.OverallThis hotel was outdated and smelled very badly. Customers always complained that the rooms smelled like an old musty, wet smell. AC wasn’t working good and a lot of leaks.

Jobs at DoubleTree by Hilton

Guest Service Agent positions
See more jobs

Fun and exciting workplace.

Management is great. Very understanding. Love working there. Hardly ever a dull moment. Staff is respectful. Everyone is so nice. Management has your back as well as the rest of the staff. Location is nice and very clean.

Productive and fun workplace

People are so nice, I love working with them. They will help you out if you need anything. Fun workplace and there’s a room for growth if you want to do something different.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Healthcare insurance and discounted rates

Different depending on locations

it was a good job but i lived in new zealand and this is most likely a very bad comparison to other doubletree jobs in the US, I think they're run differently depending on the management.

N/a

Management is awesome working with the company & having a great business relationship with the customer's was a plus which I love that I can never forget!!

Great Work

Great work environment. Great people. Great management system. They take care of the employees. Also satisfying guest no matter what the circumstances are,

I’m not r

It was a very bad experience, bad management. They will never appreciate your efforts specially FO as its always busy, crowded, people are screaming and there is no enough employee.

Excellent

Double tree by hilton is very good brand All over India Excellent feeling in this brand it was nice experience I like this I will join this brand again

Good

Fast-paced working. Overall the staff and management were friendly. But what i dont really like is the pay is based on how many room you are cleaning.

The property is closing for renovations

This company is stringing the associates along until enough money is made for renovations then you're left looking for employment and as a long term associate no severance package was offered just words of encouragement

Terrible

Working here was an absolute nightmare. TERRIBLE management, NO breaks, and barely any training. They’re too cheap to put more than one person at the front desk, so good luck trying to eat or go to the bathroom throughout your 8 hour shift. Even with 50+ arrivals you work alone with no one to help you; even when the line starts coming out of the door. I very rarely got a break, even when calling the manager and requesting the break i’m supposed to get, he would say he’s coming to cover me and would never show up. Had to pay for parking which was $50 a month (part time) or $100 (full time) just so i can drive to work and there’s no other choice considering my co-worker got his car smashed when he parked it on the street. Steer clear of this place. The pay is nice but it is not worth it. The downtown location has so many homeless people. I was scared to be near the door when I had night shifts. Even when requesting to just do morning shifts I was always put on nights. Was so bad that even the maintenance workers/Housekeepers started complaining to the manager about letting a girl work alone at night in such a terrible area. TERRIBLE. horrid. never ever again.

Daily job can be somewhat monotonous; definitely exciting during busy times

Typical day at work can be dull and repetitious, but there are days that can be so busy and exciting that it makes up for those times. There are several different managers for different departments, all of whom build you up in a variety of ways. The hardest part of the job is the downtime. There are numerous "busy work" projects that can be done, but during the slow season people tend to want all of these jobs leaving down time to be a bit boring.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DoubleTree by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.7K